Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    wOW GOOGLE VOICE FOR THE PRE CLOSER TO REALITY.

Now if we can just touch it up to reflect the easthetics of the GUI..

That would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yes please can someone pm me an invite to Google Voice as well! Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorrocket View Post
    Can someone send me a GV invite? Please PM me. Thanks so MUCH!
    I would, but users aren't able to send out invites to GV. Your best bet is to go to https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/
    App works wonderfully. Looks like you put a lot of work into it and most of the work left is just polishing. I will definitely continue testing and let you know what I come up with. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    3 apps? I've only seen 2 so far. Well Open source usually wins the battle it seems.
    have them work together and lets have sean kovacs joint them as well
    Just received another Google Voice invite for my July 23rd sign up. Looks like they're going through the list pretty quickly.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This is an amazing app, I was having a ton of issues with dk's google voice app and had to go back to normal gdial, but really missed the features. This seems like a perfect combo of both. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm View Post
    Great app, cant wait to port my # over to Google Voice to really take advantage of it.

Just out of curiosity, is this the same way the app works on a Blackberry or Android phone. does it have to dial you google voice # first and then pause and dial the # you want to call? I was hoping it would work a little bit more like the website where you can initialize a call from the web and route it to one of the phone #s you ave associated with your account. So when you initialize it from your cell phone by default it would route to your cell phone, could even have it auto answer you caller id from your google voice #. Would be more like making a standard call, faster too.
    When somebody sends a text message to your Google Voice number, add that 406 number to that person's contact information. When you call that number from your Palm Pre (not through Google Voice), it will appear on the receiver's caller ID that it is a call from your Google Voice number. It will not need to dial into your voicemail in order to place the call. It's more direct.

Very good article about how it works here:
    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=1311
    Last edited by PalmOD; 07/30/2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=PalmOD;1792723]When somebody sends a text message to your Google Voice number, add that 406 number to that person's contact information. When you call that number from your Palm Pre (not through Google Voice), it will appear on the receiver's caller ID that it is a call from your Google Voice number. It will not need to dial into your voicemail in order to place the call. It's more direct.

Very good article about how it works here:
    [URL="

Nice... I never knew that. Is it a different 406 number for each caller?

If the dialer could dial the same way (when you click call on the web page, it somehow calls ur phone and when the call is answered, it connects you to who ur calling) it does when going through the browser that'd b nice. I hate the voicemail way of dialing cuz I hate hearing the touchtone in my ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post

Nice... I never knew that. Is it a different 406 number for each caller?
    Yup, each person who sends a text message to you gets their own 406 number. Only when you call that 406 number from your Sprint number (or other numbers set up with your Google Voice) will it be directed to the correct person. You shouldn't share with 406 number with anyone else, because it won't reach the same person.
    Hey can someone send me an google voice invite so I can jump on board to drdomusic@gmail.com
    Just installed w/ filecoaster - nice!
    Not to threadjack, anyone no how to have a call to ur sprint number go through google voice w/o paying .20 cents/min?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
    Not to threadjack, anyone no how to have a call to ur sprint number go through google voice w/o paying .20 cents/min?
    I've heard Sprint offers the 'my circle' type feature for 3 numbers but can't confirm it. I may ask about it and see if they can add my GV number so calls to and from it would be free
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    flpalm great updates and changes.. One thing though now when I send sms it is not going out work great on the non pro version. do you think I should delete and reinstall?
    When you call to cancel they offer a fav 5 thing and I for one have made my skype to go number one of the 5 but I just got a gv invite this morning so my gv number is going to be one of the 5. As for people asking for invites... People can't send you an invite so stop asking google them selves will send you an invite if you sighn up for me took a week for others its taken up to 3 months
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    When you call to cancel they offer a fav 5 thing and I for one have made my skype to go number one of the 5 but I just got a gv invite this morning so my gv number is going to be one of the 5. As for people asking for invites... People can't send you an invite so stop asking google them selves will send you an invite if you sighn up for me took a week for others its taken up to 3 months
    I just got a sprint plan and the pre. So if i call to cancel i can get this fav 5?

I called and asked about the fav 3 i read about on the internet they said such thing does not exist.

Would love to have a fav 3 and add google voice to it for unlimited free calls.

Would love more information about this. Hit me up on google talk (gennove@gmail.com) if you can to tell me the steps you took please.

if not just send me a pm I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by gnove; 07/30/2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: ok
    My Pick 3 story, also posted in dolphins thread:

I got Pick 3 added for free to my service yesterday with no problems.
    Called Telesales at (800)777-4681 (because the regular CS reps don't know about it). Told them I recently switched plans and was told that I can get Pick 3 for free on my account, and to call this number when I had the phone numbers I wanted to be in my Pick 3. The nice lady said okay, I can do that for you. Put me on hold for maybe a minute, then came back and got the numbers from me I wanted to be in my Pick 3 list (one of which was my GV number of course). End of call basically, besides the usual "anything else I can help you with today."
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/30/2009 at 08:06 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I've been using the Gdial Pro throughout the day and it has worked well. It would be good to have a graphic dialer, though.

I also just called Sprint and they added the pick 3 option to my plan without any hitch.
    New to the Google voice thing. I sent in a request this weekend and was accepted today set it up and GDial Pro seems to work well.