Page 29 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Also another suggestion, show whether a text was read or not in the "All" and "SMS" tabs either by a number like the native messaging app is or by a different shade of grey or different color for the SMS
    Just want to say that I am impressed at the development of this app. The updates and additions make this one of my favorite Pre app. Good job to the author of it!!!
    Thanks! I had the wrong password entered...oops...working great now.

Now, is there a way to set up groups to text through gdial?

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    New release

v0.5.5
    -SMS Character count shown
    -Contact photos now show in their history detail
    -Flicking left and right on history detail will move forward and backward in history
    -Major code cleanup(Should be no impact to users, but please let me know if anything starts behaving strangely as the cleanup touched a lot of files)
    Hi, I'm not sure if these bugs occurred in previous versions, but I would definitely qualify them as strange behavior.

1. The contact search bar disappears after searching for a contact even when no contact is selected.

2. When dialing or texting, if you don't put a number in, I still get a notification saying "Web dial success" or "SMS successfully sent" respectively.

I know these are just small glitches and you're most likely trying to just release big features right now, but I thought I should add these to the thread so you can go back and fix them when you get time.

3. I also found a larger bug. I like the way you smartly handle searching for a number in the contacts search bar for the dialing screen. When on the dialing screen the contact search bar only pulls up matches for phone numbers and not email addresses. I don't know if you did this intentionally, but if you did, nice work. The bug though is when you use this same algorithm for the contact search in the SMS screen. Because I can't see email addresses, I can't send a text to an email address.

That's everything I found so far. If you want more info or anything, let me know. By the way, this GV app is by far the best out there for the Palm Pre. Thank you!
    I am always looking for big bugs and issues to give helpful insight but this time around the only thing that I noticed is what toomin said about the dial and sent sms for emptyu To: field.. athat well I noticed this last version but I don't like pointing some of these use less bugs but I guess I might as well lol... The slelect notifier that highlights buttons when you press is a bit off centered. Mostly just for *789# and call button.
    MatterOfFactJack
    this might have more to do with google voice than the app, but is there a way to block a number using gDial Pro? i've looked in mobile google voice but found no way to do it. i don't think the app would handle it (although it would certainly be nice to block a number from within gDial Pro).

so far, it looks like the only way to block a number is to log into the full web version of google voice. has anyone else found out anything otherwise? thx.
  7.    #567  
    Thanks for the bug reports.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    What happens if you just use the regular Pre dialer to dial your Google Voice number? Do you only get a busy signal in the the gDial app?

Also, if it is only in gDial, are you actually entering the number on the keypad and pressing dial, as that would call your number and then try to have it connect to your Google Voice number which you are already connected to. If you just want to listen to voicemails, just hold down on the 1 key on the dialer and it will call your Google Voice number and put you into your voicemail.
    When I just hold down the 1 key on the dialer it dials busy.
    Great app, had been keeping my eye on it for awhile, but with the style change, it really caught my attention. Love almost everything about it.

The reason I say almost is because I wonder if there is one tiny thing that can be changed: When I go into the history and look at an SMS conversation, it's in reverse chronological order, is there any way to change it so that it's in chronological order?

Other than that, I think you have a GREAT app. I'm really impressed.
    I believe, you want to see the last received SMS first that is reverse chronological order and that is the way it is now and that is the way it should be. Why anybody wants to go through all the old SMS to see the recent SMS?
    @argentknight

a couple versions ago the sms was the way you described, it was changed by request to be reverse chronological. I had an issue with it being "upside down" from what I'm used to. If the the input field is on the top, the most natural order of history in relation to the input box is the way it's currently set up.

My request would be to flip flop the history and input box (input on the bottom, history at top) and THEN change the order. Put the most recent on bottom but at the same time start the user's view from the bottom when you open the container. Example below

name of contact <----static field
    --------
    8:00
    9:00 <------history "price is right" wheel
    10:00
    ---------
    input box <---- static field
    ---------

I think flpalm mentioned that he wants to rework the sms layout eventually. I'm taking the sms's interface in it's current state with a grain of salt untill I see what he comes up with.
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/24/2009 at 10:19 AM.
    im new to using google voice,anyway to get this app or online at least to delete the history, i dont see any options to delete it.
    @rick2203

currently the only way to hide or delete history is to go on the normal website www.google.com/voice and make changes.

You can archive certian items via www.google.com/voice/m which is the mobile formated version gDial accesses

Suggestion has been previously made to flpalm for the ability to delete, it was suggested delete via swipe gesture if I remember correctly.

@un designer
    there are alot of features that are available via the website that are going to be difficult to implement untill official api's for google voice are released. API's (application programming interface) are common modules a programmer can call apon to do something that would normally require a whole bunch of extra coding. This becomes extremely helpful when a program talks to an outside source or another program. Everything that's working now is kinda hacky and thrown together from information gathered by research, reading code, or findings from the community.

@both
    When (or if) google releases all of their google voice API's I would expect alot of these extra functions to become implemented alot easier and this program will become alot more robust almost over night I'd imagine.

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but that's my take on alot of the little functions that aren't included in gDial.

@17outs
    try useing the voicemail function at a different time of day and see if you still have problems, also make sure your number is correct, you are able to send and recieve calls, and that your google voice web settings reflect that of gDials settings, pin required etc
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/24/2009 at 11:34 AM.
    Maybe add some color? too monotone right now. But overall awesome job.

hEY HOW CAN I ADD SPEED dial to your app?
    Last edited by gnove; 08/24/2009 at 10:59 AM.
    @gnove
    that's actually a pretty cool idea, and if I could add to it, use the similar function of holding down 1 or press 1 then dial to get to your voicemail into configureable contact slots.

1)voicemail
    2)contact#1
    3)contact#2
    etc etc

@djr3z
    I had to manually input all my contacts into google contacts via the website and go through and delete all my palm contacts then resync with my google account. This was an extremely difficult and time consuming process, took like 2-3 hours. I had searched for ways this can be done automatically but it requires linux access and installing pearl and sql binaries to import a db3 file from the phone. There currently isn't a automated process or application that does this for you. Belive me, I've looked... hard... Now that it's said and done, it's alot nicer and more convient, if I move to android someday (most likely) I will have the comfort that my contacts will transition seamlessly from now on.

if you are so inclined here's the link, altough I didn't bother to check if the process even worked
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...abase.db3_File
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/24/2009 at 11:45 AM.
  16.    #576  
    New version

v0.5.6
    -Added in favorites list for you to save out frequent contacts for faster dial
    -Fixed issue when phone number is empty on dial and SMS
    Become a fan on Facebook
    New version

v0.5.6
    -Added in favorites list for you to save out frequent contacts for faster dial
    -Fixed issue when phone number is empty on dial and SMS
    Great addition, but how do you save contacts to the Fav list?

I see how you can add from the History list but no other way.
  18.    #578  
    @johnsongrantr

Thanks for being so helpful to all of the users. Sometimes I don't get back to the thread enough to answer the questions, but it looks like you have been helping everyone out for me.

@Everyone
    Like johnsongrantr was saying. Right now there isn't a standardized API access to Google Voice so I have to simulate web browser commands, etc for the functionality. I will continue to add in more functionality, but if Google were to release an API, we would be able to go much further, much faster.

One of my concerns currently is Palm Catalog access for this app. It has been submitted and I am patiently awaiting their response to include the app as is. Hopefully that is successful, so that everyone gets access to it from the catalog, but so far I have no response as of yet. It is possible that some of the functionality that exists in the homebrew will not be allowed in the official catalog by Palm, but I will make an announcement once I know more.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm View Post
    Great addition, but how do you save contacts to the Fav list?

I see how you can add from the History list but no other way.
    I should have updated with that info, sorry. If you go to a detail item in your history, you can click the star to make that contact a favorite.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @argentknight

a couple versions ago the sms was the way you described, it was changed by request to be reverse chronological. I had an issue with it being "upside down" from what I'm used to. If the the input field is on the top, the most natural order of history in relation to the input box is the way it's currently set up.

My request would be to flip flop the history and input box (input on the bottom, history at top) and THEN change the order. Put the most recent on bottom but at the same time start the user's view from the bottom when you open the container. Example below

name of contact <----static field
    --------
    8:00
    9:00 <------history "price is right" wheel
    10:00
    ---------
    input box <---- static field
    ---------

I think flpalm mentioned that he wants to rework the sms layout eventually. I'm taking the sms's interface in it's current state with a grain of salt untill I see what he comes up with.
    Yes I will probably rework the SMS interface when I add in the automated polling for new messages as that is likely when it makes sense to do a threaded view.
    Become a fan on Facebook