Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    sms character counter please... ii

Oh and did I ever ask for a dialpad and background color chooser?
    <ducking>
    Just wanted to mention that I looked into the color switching on backgrounds and it doesn't really look good. It seems that sticking with the standard Palm themes is probably going to look best.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #542  
    New release

v0.5.5
    -SMS Character count shown
    -Contact photos now show in their history detail
    -Flicking left and right on history detail will move forward and backward in history
    -Major code cleanup(Should be no impact to users, but please let me know if anything starts behaving strangely as the cleanup touched a lot of files)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    This has grown alot. Best google voice app so far.
    I'm so spoiled. Another great update.
    Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Just wanted to mention that I looked into the color switching on backgrounds and it doesn't really look good. It seems that sticking with the standard Palm themes is probably going to look best.
    I thought this was your app? I just want to be able to change the color of the dialer pad in gDial Pro (not palms dialer) and the background in gDial Pro that is under the dialer pad and reflected in the other screens like SMS etc...

I am unsure what this has to do with Palm or am I confused? Would not surprise me mind you... ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  6.    #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I thought this was your app? I just want to be able to change the color of the dialer pad in gDial Pro (not palms dialer) and the background in gDial Pro that is under the dialer pad and reflected in the other screens like SMS etc...

I am unsure what this has to do with Palm or am I confused? Would not surprise me mind you... ii
    Yeah, the thing is that the app uses lots of the Palm 'stylesheets' for various items, buttons, text, etc.

I swapped out a background color on the app and it makes all of the other text, lists, and what not look bad because they were designed to work with the background color of the Palm dark theme.

It would probably require creating a CSS file for each 'theme' that overrides some of the Palm styles to make them look right with the background color. Hopefully that makes some sense. Palm has a document of all their styles and recommendations which I have used throughout the app so that it fits in with the webOS look and feel.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Oh hell, sorry to have been bothering you man. I thought it was just a matter of changing the color in your app, I did not realize it was so tied into Palms API like that.
    That explains why your program works so well then. It behaves exactly like it should, launch program, start typing the first initial, last name of the person you want to call then select them and it launches the normal dialer and calls.

Your program does not require having to select the address book etc.. this is good...

Damn, now I have to find something new to harass you about... ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

has anyone had this problem when running internalz?
    i downloaded both files using WebOS quick install. i'm lost
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Another great update, thanks!
    Will someone please chime in? I still get a busy signal when I try to dial my google voice voicemail from my pre. Am I doing something wrong? Does this only work with a certain configuration? I think I already figured out that Call Presentation doesn't do anything unless Caller Screening is enabled. Strange. Maybe its cause I have a pin configured? Is this not compatible? Everytime I call my google voice number or dial 1 from the gDial Pro app i get a busy signal. I cannot access my voicemail from the phone.
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by 17outs View Post
    Will someone please chime in? I still get a busy signal when I try to dial my google voice voicemail from my pre. Am I doing something wrong? Does this only work with a certain configuration? I think I already figured out that Call Presentation doesn't do anything unless Caller Screening is enabled. Strange. Maybe its cause I have a pin configured? Is this not compatible? Everytime I call my google voice number or dial 1 from the gDial Pro app i get a busy signal. I cannot access my voicemail from the phone.
    What happens if you just use the regular Pre dialer to dial your Google Voice number? Do you only get a busy signal in the the gDial app?

Also, if it is only in gDial, are you actually entering the number on the keypad and pressing dial, as that would call your number and then try to have it connect to your Google Voice number which you are already connected to. If you just want to listen to voicemails, just hold down on the 1 key on the dialer and it will call your Google Voice number and put you into your voicemail.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quick suggestion... Can u make the icons a bit longer (left to right) so those of us with big fingers do miss tap sometimes
    Still can't sms, I can call with gdial, check voicemail, receive calls but when I hit send on sms it does nothing...
    Also, is there a way to set up a group list for sms? I am using my gv for my photo business and I would like to send out texts with info snd specials to my 20-30 top clients.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Also, the history button doesn't work, it just keeps trying to load...
    Quote Originally Posted by j_par View Post
    Still can't sms, I can call with gdial, check voicemail, receive calls but when I hit send on sms it does nothing...
    Also, is there a way to set up a group list for sms? I am using my gv for my photo business and I would like to send out texts with info snd specials to my 20-30 top clients.
    Did you enter your Google user name (PIN if you use it) and password correctly?
    I have to ask ii

16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_par View Post
    Yeah, this definitely sounds like a username/password issue. Please go to your preferences and make sure your username and password are setup and work on the google mobile site as well.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Is there a way you can have the app give notifications of SMS? I want to use SMS exclusively with gDial so i dont have to go through the Messaging app but i never know when i get SMS if I dont have it forward to my Sprint number.
  18.    #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    Is there a way you can have the app give notifications of SMS? I want to use SMS exclusively with gDial so i dont have to go through the Messaging app but i never know when i get SMS if I dont have it forward to my Sprint number.
    I have background updating in my Todo list so this should be in a future release.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    app works beautifully...

THANKS!
  20. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    How can I sync my palm contacts to google? I did some searching and it looks like you have to do it one by one, but how do I do that?