Page 27 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have entered my PIN for voicemail in gdial preference. It still keep on asking me PIN to check my messages. Why? Do the others experiencing the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    It'd be usefull to have a screen like Quick Dialer be the first scene on launch. 99% of the time i'm calling the same 10 people, it'd be nice to leave app open or open it and hit one button to dial my recent contacts.

Maybe have a Phone, quick dial (that can be configured) and have a setting on which one to show at app launch.

Great app btw. thanks!
    +1

Having a Quick Dialer option would be huge. maybe another icon/page down at the bottom of the app.

Also do you think there would be a way for the phone to auto answer after you use web dial?
    Love the new look. Everything is polished as hell. Good job.
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    I have entered my PIN for voicemail in gdial preference. It still keep on asking me PIN to check my messages. Why? Do the others experiencing the same?
    For the message checking I didn't have it auto-supply the pin, I can fix that in a future release
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Very well done I am loving the new look and set up.

As for listening to your sprint voice mail. I used to have a free incoming plan without sprint to sprint it would charge me min when i listened to my voice mail. but now with the everything plan it includes sprint to sprint so i would imagine that listening to your sprint voice mail would be considered calling a sprint phone hence being free. I am not sure but it makes sense to me.

but like i said i know in the past it charged min when i did not have sprint to sprint have not really looked into it lately. I use my phone usually after 6 and my nights start at 6.

EDIT
    So when I go into history and use filter to only display voicemail i only have 3 voice mails in my inbox it shows me the three but then afterwords continues to display sms history fallwoing it... and sometiems it only shows sms history and not voice mail.. i hit voice mail filter button 3 times... the third time it displays only the three voice mails. so first time sms second time voicemail then sms third time just voice mail... its not always in that pattern kind of random but more often then not thats what happens.

and sometimes it displays the voice mails fallowed with the rest of your history.
    Thanks, I think it is still loading the other history's and it appends them. I will fix for next version.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by 17outs View Post
    I found a couple things I wanted to let you know about:

When searching for names, it doesn't find people with names that have been integrated from facebook with multiple names. In other words my sisters name in the contact is Angie Olsen Hawkins. If I search for H it doesn't find her. I have to search her maiden name.

Also, I still haven't figured out how to use voicemail effecively. When I dial 1 it just rings busy. How is anybody else doing this? I have been waiting for the text and then deleting the vm online.

Also, who do people care if it uses minutes or not? I thought you have to have the 99 dollar plan for this phone anyways?

Keep up the good work, dude. THis app is the only thing in the homebrew list I couldn't live without.
    For the searching issue, if you load up the native Pre contact manager and perform the same search, does it work the same as gDial or does it pull up your sister?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  7.    #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    It'd be usefull to have a screen like Quick Dialer be the first scene on launch. 99% of the time i'm calling the same 10 people, it'd be nice to leave app open or open it and hit one button to dial my recent contacts.

Maybe have a Phone, quick dial (that can be configured) and have a setting on which one to show at app launch.

Great app btw. thanks!
    Quick dial feature noted and added to the TODO, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by neeldesai View Post
    Absolutely love the software.

Is it possible to enhance Google Voice Logon under preferences to customize web based dial phone number, something similar to Google Voice setup. For example for Mondays to Friday I would like to use work number from 8am to 5pm and cell number from 5pm to 6pm & 8am to 9am and home number from 6pm to 9am. Not sure if this has been suggested earlier.

Thanks keep up the great work.
    I also was going to mention the idea for a mini-front end to the web phone options like time scheduling, right from the app.

Then again I did not want to be even more of a pain. ii
    I keep bugging him over a color picker so we can alter the dialer pad/background colors...
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  9.    #529  
    v0.5.4 Released
    -If you use the address book on the top right to pick a contact and they have only one phone number, it will auto fill the phone number into the dialer instead of showing the dialog for choosing which number to dial
    -Fixed the history tab leaking which would leak some history from all into SMS, etc.
    -Holding the voicemail button will now dial the PIN if you have one
    -Fix for buttons being stuck down visually
    Become a fan on Facebook
    sms character counter please... ii

Oh and did I ever ask for a dialpad and background color chooser?
    <ducking>
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Don't see a delay or sticking of the dial button, thanks!
    So, flpalm how do you feel about adding themes? I may like a blue theme instead of grey ya know?
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

<ducking>
    I would like to add in a color picker at some point and it shouldn't be difficult in terms of graphics as all of the icons are transparent PNG's and so they should look nice on most backgrounds.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I really think colors and themes for a program like this is a waste of development time. The thing looks GREAT, polished, functional. I love it.

I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times but if there was a way to stream that damn voicemail properly it would be the only Google Voice app needed.
    flpalm, I thought you might be interested in tucking this away. It came across my Google Reader shares today:

Five Features We Want to See in Google Voice - Google Voice - Lifehacker
  16.    #536  

<ducking>
    The character count doesn't matter too much as Google Voice auto splits the message when sending into 160 char chunks. So you can send as long of a message as you want and GV auto-handles it.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    For the searching issue, if you load up the native Pre contact manager and perform the same search, does it work the same as gDial or does it pull up your sister?
    No the native search finds her by last name, not by the first last name if you will. I think your search thinks that her last name is two names and only searches the first one though i suspect it would also find people who used their middle name in the contact.
    The character count doesn't matter too much as Google Voice auto splits the message when sending into 160 char chunks. So you can send as long of a message as you want and GV auto-handles it.
    I am aware of that. I would still like to know in case I want to make sure the receiver
    only gets one. Some people still don't have unlimited texts. ii

19.    #539  
    I am aware of that. I would still like to know in case I want to make sure the receiver
    only gets one. Some people still don't have unlimited texts. ii
    Noted, so maybe just a character count of your message so far. Not really showing like x/160 as people might think that is a hard limit when it isn't, but just showing x characters as you type?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Noted, so maybe just a character count of your message so far. Not really showing like x/160 as people might think that is a hard limit when it isn't, but just showing x characters as you type?
    That would be fine but maybe have a line appear and new text to start when you cross to what would become the next message.

So if you type enough for say 3 messages, there would be the first set, a line, the next set etc...

That would be usefull because you could also make one shorter, fill the rest with spaces and know when the next message would start. A new paragraph if you will. !i

What do you think?