Page 26 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I just notice that when you dial a number the keys tend to get stuck in the down position. Possible bug?
    There does seem to be a bit of delay when you first start the app and press on numbers.
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I have pick 3, so I'm guessing I will have to use my own number as one of my pick 3 to be able to listen to my voicemail messages without getting charged.
    Are you trying to listen to your Google Voice voicemails, or your Sprint voicemails? If you add your Google Voice phone number to pick 3 then you can dial it from the phone by holding down the 1 key in the gDial Pro and then listen to your voicemails all for free. If you want to listen to your Sprint voicemails, I actually thought that was free as well, but I am not 100% on that.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    Is there any way to get this dialer to replace anytime the original dialer is called up? For example, when you hit a telephone number link on a web page, or from another program the original dialer still pops up. I think i saw in a video for the official android google voice app where this is an option.
    Possibly, but it would require collaboration with Palm to allow this app to have the ability to do that. So probably not in the near future unless they get in contact with me to let me know how to do it.

I have already tried contacting them, but so far no response
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    There does seem to be a bit of delay when you first start the app and press on numbers.
    There is quite a bit going on when the app starts with it logging in to Google Voice and what not. Do the numbers come back up eventually for you or do they stay pressed and never go back to normal?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I just notice that when you dial a number the keys tend to get stuck in the down position. Possible bug?
    Actually I found a way to make this happen to where they do get stuck. I will fix for the next release. Thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    great job on 5.3, the best keeps getting better

----------------------------------------
    looking how to canel a call you accidentally placed, found this

**don't follow this link in browser as it doesn't work***
    https://clients4.google.com/voice/em...lWebButtonCall

how to use it ** this link works**
    Stephen's Space on the Web: Google Voice Call Widget POST commands

hopefully this is useful

EDIT: might even be able to talk to the voicemail player this way too maybe??? There is an option to download to mp3 under "more" in VM's inbox, maybe finding what command it's sending the link below will throw you the mp3 so it can be played within the app???? it's a thought.

https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/embedPlayer
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/19/2009 at 08:57 PM.
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    great job on 5.3, the best keeps getting better

----------------------------------------
    looking how to canel a call you accidentally placed, found this

**don't follow this link in browser as it doesn't work***
    https://clients4.google.com/voice/em...lWebButtonCall

how to use it ** this link works**
    Stephen's Space on the Web: Google Voice Call Widget POST commands

hopefully this is useful
    I will take a look and see if this can be useful, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Very well done I am loving the new look and set up.

Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Are you trying to listen to your Google Voice voicemails, or your Sprint voicemails? If you add your Google Voice phone number to pick 3 then you can dial it from the phone by holding down the 1 key in the gDial Pro and then listen to your voicemails all for free. If you want to listen to your Sprint voicemails, I actually thought that was free as well, but I am not 100% on that.
    As for listening to your sprint voice mail. I used to have a free incoming plan without sprint to sprint it would charge me min when i listened to my voice mail. but now with the everything plan it includes sprint to sprint so i would imagine that listening to your sprint voice mail would be considered calling a sprint phone hence being free. I am not sure but it makes sense to me.

but like i said i know in the past it charged min when i did not have sprint to sprint have not really looked into it lately. I use my phone usually after 6 and my nights start at 6.

EDIT
    So when I go into history and use filter to only display voicemail i only have 3 voice mails in my inbox it shows me the three but then afterwords continues to display sms history fallwoing it... and sometiems it only shows sms history and not voice mail.. i hit voice mail filter button 3 times... the third time it displays only the three voice mails. so first time sms second time voicemail then sms third time just voice mail... its not always in that pattern kind of random but more often then not thats what happens.

and sometimes it displays the voice mails fallowed with the rest of your history.
    Last edited by jack87; 08/19/2009 at 05:03 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    It would be great if a little gdialpro icon popped up next to the sms button when you did a universal search for contacts (from the main pre screen/launcher). I know it would require integration with Palm's stuff, but hopefully they allow it in the future!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    There is quite a bit going on when the app starts with it logging in to Google Voice and what not. Do the numbers come back up eventually for you or do they stay pressed and never go back to normal?
    It comes back up. Sometimes it starts and goes smoothly immediately, other times you press a number and nothing will happen for a few seconds.
    I love the update it keeps getting better and better! Thank you
    Absolutely love the software.

Is it possible to enhance Google Voice Logon under preferences to customize web based dial phone number, something similar to Google Voice setup. For example for Mondays to Friday I would like to use work number from 8am to 5pm and cell number from 5pm to 6pm & 8am to 9am and home number from 6pm to 9am. Not sure if this has been suggested earlier.

Thanks keep up the great work.
    App looks AMAZING! I'm just waiting on getting a GV invite so i can start using it =/ Great work btw.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This is a great great app...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Option provided to allow for vibration feedback on keypresses for the dialer

This is one awesome add on to a already awesome app. Nice work, very very nice.
    The vibration is a cool feature, glad I could help, you really listen to people in the forum. Is there any way to make it a little more vibrant like the wiki mod?
    I found a couple things I wanted to let you know about:

When searching for names, it doesn't find people with names that have been integrated from facebook with multiple names. In other words my sisters name in the contact is Angie Olsen Hawkins. If I search for H it doesn't find her. I have to search her maiden name.

Also, I still haven't figured out how to use voicemail effecively. When I dial 1 it just rings busy. How is anybody else doing this? I have been waiting for the text and then deleting the vm online.

Also, who do people care if it uses minutes or not? I thought you have to have the 99 dollar plan for this phone anyways?

Keep up the good work, dude. THis app is the only thing in the homebrew list I couldn't live without.
    That is what Sprint wants people to think. I have the 450 unlimited data plan with 5 family and friends. Google voice is one so I now have unlimited calling. I only give out my GV number now to anyone that is not a Sprint user.
    It'd be usefull to have a screen like Quick Dialer be the first scene on launch. 99% of the time i'm calling the same 10 people, it'd be nice to leave app open or open it and hit one button to dial my recent contacts.

Maybe have a Phone, quick dial (that can be configured) and have a setting on which one to show at app launch.

Great app btw. thanks!
    I think the path flpalm is on now is the one the majority of the people want. The people I dial regularly have a shortcut on my launcher because they are already on my Sprint version of family and friends. To feel your need you could just install quick contact and set that one up with your Google voice. flpalm has made major progress with this app major Kudos!!!