Page 25 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeynon View Post
    If you can give us the ability to specify one-touch speed dials for the 8 unused numbers, that would make the app ideal for me. I have a handful of phone numbers I dial all of the time and want to dial through GT. Having speed dial would help greatly.
    While I haven't played around with the application, you may be able to use Quick Dialer for this functionality as a workaround. My understanding is that this does not directly sync with contacts, so you may be able to customize dial string from within Quick dialer to set up those few contacts. Just an idea.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The new graphics are sick! Fantastic! You keep this up you may just have Homebrew App of the Year or damn near close. Smooth functioning by the way especially since I fixed that web dialer error thing. Great work!
  3.    #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    Too many pages of comments to read through to determine whether these items have been suggested, so my apologies in advance if this has been brought up before:

1. mobile site - please consider opening this up in a new card. As it is navigation backwards is impossible.
    2. It would be great to navigate through history list by swiping, similar to viewing photos in the photo app. For example, go to History, then SMS. Click on an individual SMS message. To get back to the list you have to go back to SMS. Swiping for next (or previous) history would be nice.
    3. Would it be possible to swipe an individual History entry to delete it?
    4. When sending an SMS message, I cannot add a telephone number, I must choose from my contacts. Bummer.

Also, the app sometimes appears slow to respond to touch.

I think that's it for now - I'm recreating a thought process from 2AM

Thanks!
    1) I could probably make this an option as I know some people don't want a whole bunch of cards open, but I do see your point of view on it as well.
    2) Awesome idea, definitely on the list.
    3) The history is loaded from Google so I am working with a limited API. This will go on my future list as I may need to wait for them to open the API up more.
    4) Just start typing the number on the keypad and it will be the top selection in the search, then you hit enter and it moves it to the TO address.

Thanks.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    1) I could probably make this an option as I know some people don't want a whole bunch of cards open, but I do see your point of view on it as well.
    2) Awesome idea, definitely on the list.
    3) The history is loaded from Google so I am working with a limited API. This will go on my future list as I may need to wait for them to open the API up more.
    4) Just start typing the number on the keypad and it will be the top selection in the search, then you hit enter and it moves it to the TO address.

Thanks.
    Thank you! This is my favorite application, and your constant diligence in adding new and improved functionality is commendable. I design and write requirements for advanced unified communications applications' functionality and UI for a living, so I appreciate both your effort and your willingness to both receive and respond to feedback.

Edit: thanks for explanation for #4, this was a bit confusing. for #3 I suspected the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    let's see voicemail audio playback
    Yeah. Let's.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Diggin the new dialer!!
    Any chance of getting the buttons to animate when you push em??
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Diggin the new dialer!!
    Any chance of getting the buttons to animate when you push em??
    Yes, I am looking at some sort of visual feedback on pushing the buttons.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hey been following the app for awhile. This one is the best. I like the color. I also like how the history screen showing the contact name. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey been following the app for awhile. This one is the best. I like the color. I also like how the history screen showing the contact name. Keep up the good work.
    Agreed. All it needs is a better icon
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just wanted to let you know you've been kicking *** with your updates. Each time your making the app better than i ever wanted or needed it to be.

Keep up the great work.
    one of my favorite Pre apps!

*just followed you on twitter as well, thanks again
  12.    #492  
    v0.5.3
    -The history screen now remembers your last filter and maintains it the next time you visit the history
    -Option provided to allow for vibration feedback on keypresses for the dialer. Look in the preferences to turn it on
    -Button presses on dialer now have a visual effect when pressed
    -Brand new icons on the bottom of the main screens
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    You are amazing. Love the vibration feedback (and visual).
    v0.5.3
    -The history screen now remembers your last filter and maintains it the next time you visit the history
    -Option provided to allow for vibration feedback on keypresses for the dialer. Look in the preferences to turn it on
    -Button presses on dialer now have a visual effect when pressed
    -Brand new icons on the bottom of the main screens
    Thanks for the history fix.

Just one word now: color picker!! Oh wait that is two! oh well!!! ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/19/2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I have a stupid question. We do get charge minutes when we go to our Sprint voicemail right? So I was trying to dial my sprint number to check my voicemail from gDial and I keep getting an error:

Web dial failed:{"ok":false,"error":"Cannot complete call."}
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I have a stupid question. We do get charge minutes when we go to our Sprint voicemail right? So I was trying to dial my sprint number to check my voicemail from gDial and I keep getting an error:
    If your Sprint number is registered under Google Voice, then it will not let you call it since it is the number to be forwarded to.

You will be charged Sprint minutes for any Google Voice calls unless you work out the deal that others have with Sprint to make your Google Voice number one of your pick 3 or 5 numbers.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update!!
    Very nice button depress and I like the vibrate as well.
    If your Sprint number is registered under Google Voice, then it will not let you call it since it is the number to be forwarded to.

You will be charged Sprint minutes for any Google Voice calls unless you work out the deal that others have with Sprint to make your Google Voice number one of your pick 3 or 5 numbers.
    I have pick 3, so I'm guessing I will have to use my own number as one of my pick 3 to be able to listen to my voicemail messages without getting charged.
    Is there any way to get this dialer to replace anytime the original dialer is called up? For example, when you hit a telephone number link on a web page, or from another program the original dialer still pops up. I think i saw in a video for the official android google voice app where this is an option.
    Last edited by hiyo; 08/19/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    I just notice that when you dial a number the keys tend to get stuck in the down position. Possible bug?