Page 24 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Are you trying to call the same number that Google Voice will be calling back to initiate the call (i.e. your cell phone number)? It will fail if you are.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I erased all my login info again and started from scratch.. No more web dialer error or false info. Hooray! It's strange because my info never changed from the last version. Who knows. Glad this great app is working. Thanks flpalm. Can't give all these women my main number!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks Nacho B! I checked and it is fine now. I don't understand it because I never changed any settings. My phone number was left out and set to my Google Voice number instead of my cell. Maybe when I uninstalled the last version?
    One more request, a button that just dials your GV number. So we can listen to that main menu to listen to the recorded voice mail etc....
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    @dk

I personally can't figure it out, checking out the xml from the sources below... looks like the only way to stream is by flash. I'm digging for a way to stream in another format, but this is all i'm comming up with.

Google Voice Add-on Development Post Topic - Open For Discussion

**EDIT: note this is captured from the xml of my personal voicemail box,
    https://www.google.com/voice/inbox/recent/voicemail/
    different messages will have different durations ie.. 00:07 but you get the idea **

<div class="gc-message-players">
    <div class="gc-message-play goog-inline-block">
    <div class="goog-inline-block">00:07</div>
    </div>
    <div class="gc-message-flashplayer" style="display: none;"></div>
    </div>

:head scratch:

embeded player
    https://www.google.com/voice/embed/embedPlayer
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/18/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Too many pages of comments to read through to determine whether these items have been suggested, so my apologies in advance if this has been brought up before:

1. mobile site - please consider opening this up in a new card. As it is navigation backwards is impossible.
    2. It would be great to navigate through history list by swiping, similar to viewing photos in the photo app. For example, go to History, then SMS. Click on an individual SMS message. To get back to the list you have to go back to SMS. Swiping for next (or previous) history would be nice.
    3. Would it be possible to swipe an individual History entry to delete it?
    4. When sending an SMS message, I cannot add a telephone number, I must choose from my contacts. Bummer.

Also, the app sometimes appears slow to respond to touch.

I think that's it for now - I'm recreating a thought process from 2AM

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    One more request, a button that just dials your GV number. So we can listen to that main menu to listen to the recorded voice mail etc....
    Why can't you just use the standard Phone app for that? Create a Contact with your Google Voice number and use universal search to call it. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Why can't you just use the standard Phone app for that? Create a Contact with your Google Voice number and use universal search to call it. Right?

I did! Sorry I just thought a voice mail icon that would just dial the GV number within the GV app to give you your GV would have been useful. Sorry.....

Sheesh! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

5.01 fixed the problem I was having with my contacts, so thanks for the quick fix! 5.0 made the app unusable for me for some reason (wouldn't load my contacts).

If you can give us the ability to specify one-touch speed dials for the 8 unused numbers, that would make the app ideal for me. I have a handful of phone numbers I dial all of the time and want to dial through GT. Having speed dial would help greatly.

Thanks for a great app and keep up the great work!
    The app is looking great. Can you make the SMS History work like a regular txt message conversation? I want to use Google Voice SMS when at work, where I don't get Sprint signal, but have Wifi. Then your app can notify me with new messages when they come in.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  11.    #471  
    v0.5.2
    -More performance enhancements
    -Changed the dial pad graphic

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    If I have an incoming call on my gvoice number, is there any way I can decipher that incoming call from one on my cell #?
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    If I have an incoming call on my gvoice number, is there any way I can decipher that incoming call from one on my cell #?
    You can turn on Call Presentation in your Google Voice account to have it let you know who the caller is before you pick up.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    slick!
  15.    #475  
    Already in there. Hold down on the 1 button on the dialer where the voicemail icon is and it will dial your GV number for voicemail.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    0.5.2: I just clicked on the new dial pad graphic and it launched into just GV! I thought, yea this is great I can just hit that and check my VM. Maybe the old one did that as well and I missed it, sorry.

Only problem is it also auto pressed two additional keys. Ideas what that was for?
    I have my GV set to go directly into my menu when I check from my cell, no pin needed. I have no pin set either.

Edit: ignore this.. I was not paying attention... weird day.. ii

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    v0.5.2
    -More performance enhancements
    History is much better now, I still get the spinning circle but it's only for a couple seconds (with 1300 contacts)

Mike
  18.    #478  
    0.5.2: I just clicked on the new dial pad graphic and it launched into just GV! I thought, yea this is great I can just hit that and check my VM. Maybe the old one did that as well and I missed it, sorry.

Only problem is it also auto pressed two additional keys. Ideas what that was for?
    I have my GV set to go directly into my menu when I check from my cell, no pin needed. I have no pin set either.
    Looks like we cross-posted since you found the voicemail button. I am not sure why it would dial any other digits other than your number. It doesn't do it on mine as far as I can tell, maybe your cheek touching the dialer once it opens?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Already in there. Hold down on the 1 button on the dialer where the voicemail icon is and it will dial your GV number for voicemail.
    Ummmm.. ...well....umm. yea.... I missed that... sorry...
    <feeling dumb right about now> ii

20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    History is much better now, I still get the spinning circle but it's only for a couple seconds (with 1300 contacts)

Mike
    Glad to hear it. As with all of the major feature adds, it took a couple revisions to get it to a good speed.
    Become a fan on Facebook