Page 23 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Wow everytime I d/l this app I am amazed at how far it's come along. Thank you for making this app, and for making it free no less.

I have a question about the SMS feature. Currently it sort of does threaded messaging for each contact, but only for one day. Is this by design? Or is this a google voice limitation? I think that it would be a better user experience to have the threading work over time rather than limiting it by each day.
    Currently, it does the SMS threading based on the way Google Voice does it. So they group texts into the same thread based on some criteria and gDial just uses their groupings. It appears to be some amount of time.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    latest ver is not working for me

program starts up very slow and contact search is empty

overall, the latest build seems to hang and crawl slowly.

*deleted previous build and installed a new build

---is there anyway I can revert to the older previous build?
    I like the progress being made, for some reason with 5.0 when I go to history it never loads the circle just spins. Not sure if this has been listed as a bug. This is the first time that has happened with any version for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/17/2009 at 09:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am see the same issue, but my Default account is Google. I deleted gDial Pro 0.5.0 and then I do not have the problem. I like the idea of searching from my contacts on the phone vs the google account and it worked will except for this issue with contact Default Account being lost. When that happened, opening up native contacts app resulted in a blank screen.

Another issue that I have is that when I first started the gDial Pro 0.5.0 and searched for a contact, it would not search correctly. It would not find all the of the "david n" people in my contacts.

I would like a previous version or a quick fix, as I have replace the palm pre dialer with this one.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It would be great if you could add a quick call list like Quick Contacts or Quick Dialer. If you could add a link from the call pad under the phone icon called quick list or something. Then it would go to a screen that we could add the 9 people we call the most and just click it to dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I like the progress being made, for some reason with 5.0 when I go to history it never loads the circle just spins. Not sure if this has been listed as a bug. This is the first time that has happened with any version for me.
    @mamouton. It's funny, I had the spinning circle in previous versions up to about version 0.4.0, now the program just works. Very responsive, too! I love the direct dial, that saves a lot of time and pushing buttons.

By the way, it appears it searches the name field only, not the company and name as the Contacts app. Also, it searches within names, not just at the beginning of a name, which can be quite helpful. However, my vote is for searching in all fields, just like Google Voice/Contacts on the Web does. That would be awesome!

Thanks for improving it!!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to have the universal search also search the "Nickname" field in the native contact.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this mentioned, but I'm sorry if it has been... I am having issues with the volume of the key tones... Two versions ago, it matched the system sound level (the level of the native dial pad), but lately it ha been at maximum volume. Also (and I know that this has been mentioned), it would be nice to have a visual cue when we hit the numbers (like the native dialer). Thank you! Great work on this application.
    this is looking so good. Any chance you can make the dialer match your background color?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mamouton

I figured it out. You have to make an outgoing phone call and let it be answered and then all the history shows up.
  11.    #451  
    I hope to have a fix out this morning for the performance issues in 0.5.0. Unfortunately to resolve this I have to default to the Palm searching method so the universal search will match the way the Palm one works.

On the upside it will give the benefit of any improvements on that search to gDial as Palm releases updates.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12.    #452  
    Version 0.5.1 is out

Major performance improvements for large contact lists. Please install and let me know if it fixes your issues.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Version 0.5.1 is out

Major performance improvements for large contact lists. Please install and let me know if it fixes your issues.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app
    Dumb question...do I need to uninstall the previous version? Or just install right over it?
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by ablazes View Post
    Dumb question...do I need to uninstall the previous version? Or just install right over it?
    You should just be able to install the new version right over the old version.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I hope to have a fix out this morning for the performance issues in 0.5.0. Unfortunately to resolve this I have to default to the Palm searching method so the universal search will match the way the Palm one works.

On the upside it will give the benefit of any improvements on that search to gDial as Palm releases updates.
    Hi, I have not played with this in a few versions and just tried 0.5.0. Nice!
    I was just going to post asking if you could fix the search. I read this message and just tried 0.5.1 and it works as expected now. Do not change it back please! I like hitting the first initial, last name to bring up a specific contact. If others like it different then please let us have an option.

I like how you fixed the dialer problem from earlier. Now we do not have to hit the phone button when it goes into the normal launcher, cool! I thought that was not possible. ii

Can you please add the ability for user color control for the phone pad and background? The dark green phone pad on dark gray is kind of Bla!! ii

Can you make it remember what History selection you left off at?

The only two main things left really are the ability to use this instead of the default launcher when using universal search (may not be possible) and my shorter pauses (delay less than 1) when it dials. That may require changing system files and I am okay with that if need be. ii

Nice work man. I am going to donate soon.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    I am see the same issue, but my Default account is Google. I deleted gDial Pro 0.5.0 and then I do not have the problem. I like the idea of searching from my contacts on the phone vs the google account and it worked will except for this issue with contact Default Account being lost. When that happened, opening up native contacts app resulted in a blank screen.

Another issue that I have is that when I first started the gDial Pro 0.5.0 and searched for a contact, it would not search correctly. It would not find all the of the "david n" people in my contacts.

I would like a previous version or a quick fix, as I have replace the palm pre dialer with this one.
    YEAH!!!!! Fixed with the default contact issue on version 0.5.1!!! You rock!!!

Interesting, gDial Pro search is not consistent with producing the same results. Sometimes the search for "david n" shows only two results (this is correct) and other times it shows all the david's. I also have searched for "david n" to come up correct and then a few seconds later the search results changes to show all david's.

Current work around is to search for "dave ni". Understand that in universal search and native contact app searching "david n" always brings up just the two contacts.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Version 0.5.1 is out

Fixed my contacts problem (1300 outlook contacts).

All the history functions are very slow when first accessed - spinning wheel for a long time, subsequent accesses are faster but still have the spinning wheel for about 5 seconds

Mike
    let's see voicemail audio playback
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    Fixed my contacts problem (1300 outlook contacts).

All the history functions are very slow when first accessed - spinning wheel for a long time, subsequent accesses are faster but still have the spinning wheel for about 5 seconds

Mike
    Yeah, unfortunately it does a reverse search for the number to find the matching contact for each history item. I can probably speed that up a bit more with some caching for users with large contact lists

I only have 150 or so contacts, so it is tougher for me to test.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I updated to 0.5.1 and I still get Web Dial Failed. Ok false data code 1. I can't figure it out.