Page 22 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Has anyone found a way to decrease the dialing pause timings for less than 1 second ?
    This is needed more than anything! IMHO of curse. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Has anyone found a way to decrease the dialing pause timings for less than 1 second ?
    This is needed more than anything! IMHO of curse. ii
    Just curious, why aren't you using web dialing?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Been playing with this more now.. I've figured out that if I have it present the call to me, and it gives me the option to pick up or send to VM when i pickup the call, that could be the work around for visual voicemail.

basically give out my google voice number, pick up each call and either accept or send to vm.. if i send to vm it'd send the mp3 and transcript to me.. kinda ghetto, but may be acceptable..

hmmm
  4.    #424  
    New release with native contact integration
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app

v0.5.0
    -Better integration for non-webdialers. No need to press the call button anymore after being sent to the dialer
    -Dial pad and SMS screen now hide while using universal search
    -Now integrates with Native Pre contacts. No more using Google Contacts only for universal search and history.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Just Installed. Looks Good.

Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    Dude, you do like.. major updates almost everyday, and they just keep coming..

You are what all developers should aspire to be
    Keep updating, I'm loving each one, thanks
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    On my pre it doesn't seem to play nice with the native contact manager, contact manager is fine until gDial is started then gDial appears to reset the default contact account to nothing (it was Outlook)

The only way to get the contact manager working properly again is to power cycle the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    -Now integrates with Native Pre contacts. No more using Google Contacts only for universal search and history.
    Nice update! I love the native pre contact search. But just to confirm, this does not use the First Initial + Last Name search that Palm uses, right? It actually appears to just search for any part of the name, so if I were to search for someone named Robert Smith, I can actually type in "obert" and it would find him. that's pretty cool, and I would love to see Palm implement something similiar

However, any chance you can add number search to the search? i.e. if i wanted to call a number 123-456-7890, i can search for that number (or any part of the number) in the contact search, so even 7890 would pull up that contact? Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Adam
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    On my pre it doesn't seem to play nice with the native contact manager, contact manager is fine until gDial is started then gDial appears to reset the default contact account to nothing (it was Outlook)

The only way to get the contact manager working properly again is to power cycle the pre.
    That is odd. I appreciate the feedback on this and would like to be able to figure out what is causing it. You only used the universal search in gDial at this point, correct? Not the add a contact or add number to existing contact functionality?

I just want to try to isolate where in the code it could be an issue. Also, I am not an Outlook user so I was only able to test with Facebook/Google Contacts/Palm Profile.

Also, if anyone else is seeing this with Outlook contacts or any other contact type, please let me know. It is somewhat uncharted waters with it, so I need all the feedback I can get in order to make this work great for everyone.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Nice update! I love the native pre contact search. But just to confirm, this does not use the First Initial + Last Name search that Palm uses, right? It actually appears to just search for any part of the name, so if I were to search for someone named Robert Smith, I can actually type in "obert" and it would find him. that's pretty cool, and I would love to see Palm implement something similiar

However, any chance you can add number search to the search? i.e. if i wanted to call a number 123-456-7890, i can search for that number (or any part of the number) in the contact search, so even 7890 would pull up that contact? Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Adam
    I was actually considering using Palm's search in future versions for speed and also so that it matches uniformly with how the Contacts app works.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    That is odd. I appreciate the feedback on this and would like to be able to figure out what is causing it. You only used the universal search in gDial at this point, correct? Not the add a contact or add number to existing contact functionality?
    Just starting gDial without doing anything else will hose the contact manager. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but that didn't help (as a side note uninstall does not remove the preference settings)
  12.    #432  
    Just starting gDial without doing anything else will hose the contact manager. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but that didn't help (as a side note uninstall does not remove the preference settings)
    In what general size range is your contact list? 10's, 100's, 1000's?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    In what general size range is your contact list? 10's, 100's, 1000's?
    approx 1300
  14.    #434  
    approx 1300
    Okay, I think the size might be the issue. I had already planned on optimizing for 0.5.1 release. I will see if anyone else reports this as an Outlook issue or if only people with large contact lists have the issue.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    @FPalm Once I uninstalled the old version and updated with 0.5.0 , the response has been delayed on all of the buttons in particular the keypad. When I make a call out it say Web Dial Failed false data code 1. All my login info is correct cause I retested on the website. Any clues?
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne View Post
    @FPalm Once I uninstalled the old version and updated with 0.5.0 , the response has been delayed on all of the buttons in particular the keypad. When I make a call out it say Web Dial Failed false data code 1. All my login info is correct cause I retested on the website. Any clues?
    There is somewhat of a delay on initial load depending on the size of your contact list on your Palm. I am working on some optimizations for the next minor release to resolve this.

If you don't mind, could you let it load for a bit and then see if the situation improves?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yes. Actually that's what I've been doing. Same results but I will repeat. You've been great supporting this app. Does this mean the web dialer error false data 1 is related to the delays? I notice it even after the wait for the program to get all the contacts on the Pre.
    Wow everytime I d/l this app I am amazed at how far it's come along. Thank you for making this app, and for making it free no less.

I have a question about the SMS feature. Currently it sort of does threaded messaging for each contact, but only for one day. Is this by design? Or is this a google voice limitation? I think that it would be a better user experience to have the threading work over time rather than limiting it by each day.
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne View Post
    Yes. Actually that's what I've been doing. Same results but I will repeat. You've been great supporting this app. Does this mean the web dialer error false data 1 is related to the delays? I notice it even after the wait for the program to get all the contacts on the Pre.
    I am not seeing the same issue here Hmm, it might be due to the amount of contacts though just like the other user. I hope to release an update within the next day to address performance issues with big contact lists.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    No problem. Since it seems I'm the only one to have that error code, I will try it some more to see what changes.