Page 21 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i need a GV invite =/
    Can anybody hellpm me with this app, I dont know how to set it up to work...when i try to call out it dails my google number and goes to voicemail
    @fastback
    https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

@whitencm
    tap top left corner, go to prefs, try setting your google voice pin and trying agian, if that doesn't work, remove the pin, if that doesn't work enable webdial
    awesome app, thanks alot
    This is a great app. I don't remember being able to hear the key punches in the other versions, I came across a mod in the wiki that lets you get the vibrating feedback. Is that something that can be implemented?
    Patch webOS Turning Off Dialpad Noise - WebOS Internals
    the webdail woeks....but should the non webdail work also

Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @fastback
    https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

@whitencm
    tap top left corner, go to prefs, try setting your google voice pin and trying agian, if that doesn't work, remove the pin, if that doesn't work enable webdial
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    the webdail woeks....but should the non webdail work also
    The non-webdial should work as well. Just make sure your PIN/non-pin is configured correctly. Also, it pauses at first when it initially dials in to your voicemail and then it dials 2 and the phone number to call.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    One suggestion, not sure if its been mentioned already, is to have the numbers flash like the original dial pad when pressing numbers. I keep thinking I'm not hitting the number lol.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm confused. Is this pretty much the same as dkGoogleVoice? Either one of them better over the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    I'm confused. Is this pretty much the same as dkGoogleVoice?
    Yes, they perform a similar function.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Either one of them better over the other?
    That would be a personal preference to you, not something someone else could answer for you.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks fpalm....do you know where those settings are, I see where it says newpin old pin...is that the only extent of the pin configurations

Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    The non-webdial should work as well. Just make sure your PIN/non-pin is configured correctly. Also, it pauses at first when it initially dials in to your voicemail and then it dials 2 and the phone number to call.
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    Thanks fpalm....do you know where those settings are, I see where it says newpin old pin...is that the only extent of the pin configurations
    There are settings within gDial itself. You click in the upper left corner where it says gDial Pro and then select preferences to configure your settings. Make sure to enter a PIN in there if you have one configured for your Google Voice account.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    @whitencm

upper right hand corner go to settings, under settings go to phone tab, choose your phone, now go to edit, down at the bottom you should see advanced. page should look like this

try changing these settings around untill it works
    Any chance on getting the vibrating feedback?
    @mamouton
    the change in the webosinternals page requires editing a pre-existing app that comes with the phone, it is my understanding that flpalm's focus is on building gDial to be submitted to the app catalog when they start taking submissions. Palm has guidelines as far as what the application can do.

looking at the what it's accessing

// SCOCHANGE
    this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.vibrate", {
    method: 'vibrate', parameters: { 'period': 0,'duration': 250 }
    });
    // END SCOCHANGE

as long as palm doesn't disapprove of you accessing com.palm.vibrate, it shouldn't be hard to put this in there.
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/16/2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: correction in statement
    Rather than showing "web dial success", how about only showing the notification if it does not work? I think that would flow nicer as the dialog will already pop up if the call went to GV successfully.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    Rather than showing "web dial success", how about only showing the notification if it does not work? I think that would flow nicer as the dialog will already pop up if the call went to GV successfully.
    Personally I like the message vs staring at it and wondering if it went through.
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @mamouton
    the change in the webosinternals page requires editing a pre-existing app that comes with the phone, it is my understanding that flpalm's focus is on building gDial to be submitted to the app catalog when they start taking submissions. Palm has guidelines as far as what the application can do.

looking at the what it's accessing

// SCOCHANGE
    this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.vibrate", {
    method: 'vibrate', parameters: { 'period': 0,'duration': 250 }
    });
    // END SCOCHANGE

as long as palm doesn't disapprove of you accessing com.palm.vibrate, it shouldn't be hard to put this in there.
    Yeah, I think I am going to start using some of the undocumented API's like this at this point as they just seem to be undocumented and not really hacking into Web OS. Look for some new features in the near future that take advantage of these types of services.

Also, thanks for finding the code to do the vibration. Should make it a lot easier to add in
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    rather than showing "web dial success", how about only showing the notification if it does not work? I think that would flow nicer as the dialog will already pop up if the call went to gv successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by dnic View Post
    personally i like the message vs staring at it and wondering if it went through.
    +1.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post

+1.
    Yeah, I think the notification on success is going to stay as it is fairly unobtrusive and just lets you know that the webdial was a success and you should get a call from Google momentarily.

It used to be a box that you had to click OK on which was too much for a success notification.
    Become a fan on Facebook