Page 20 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why the Universal search isn't working anymore. Seems like if I press any letter that has the numbers on it (on the keyboard) only thing that happens in the letters are displayed up top like it wanted to search them, below it shows DIAL dialog with the numbers I enter. But, no contacts found. But if I press the contacts button, they load fine.
    Check your google login info in the preferences to ensure it is still pulling the contacts down properly. This "universal search" is really just over the contacts pulled down from the Google Contacts API.

It doesn't have full access to the contacts on your phone.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Check your google login info in the preferences to ensure it is still pulling the contacts down properly. This "universal search" is really just over the contacts pulled down from the Google Contacts API.

It doesn't have full access to the contacts on your phone.
    Hmmm, not sure how I fixed it. But I went into "preferences" and turned on "Use Google contacts for caller id", made a call to my google voice number from another phone, then turned it back off. Now it's working.

Thanks
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    Hmmm, not sure how I fixed it. But I went into "preferences" and turned on "Use Google contacts for caller id", made a call to my google voice number from another phone, then turned it back off. Now it's working.

Thanks
    That actually needs to stay enabled for universal search to work. As that is what triggers it to load the Google Contacts on load of the program.

I think you fixed it because you enabled it which loaded the contacts and then on disable, it still keeps them in memory until the program is restarted.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Great job on this app. I use this far more than the Pre's own dialer.

Thanks Palm, Thank Google.
    That actually needs to stay enabled for universal search to work. As that is what triggers it to load the Google Contacts on load of the program.

I think you fixed it because you enabled it which loaded the contacts and then on disable, it still keeps them in memory until the program is restarted.
    That switch has definitely been acting funky in the last two updates even with it enabled the caller id does not show.... then after disabling and checking history it shows caller id while disabled... then it stop so then i re enable and nothing then disable re enable then it works... very random.
    MatterOfFactJack
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    That switch has definitely been acting funky in the last two updates even with it enabled the caller id does not show.... then after disabling and checking history it shows caller id while disabled... then it stop so then i re enable and nothing then disable re enable then it works... very random.
    Okay, I will take a look at that. I am probably going to remove the switch altogether as the feature doesn't seem like something people would ever want off.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hi,

Great application!

I just installed today on my Pre and I had a question about dialing out. On the gDialPro app, I choose a contact and then it pops up "Which number?" and I choose the number.

Then a status message appears at the bottom saying "Web dial success"

That's where my problem starts... I never hear anything after that. I don't see any changes on the screen.

What am I doing wrong at this point?

Thanks,
    -J
    @namesjay
    after you see webdial success, you should get a incomming phone call from google voice on your normal number. when you pick up it will connect you to the number you dialed in gDial. That is the way it is supposed to work...

that being said, check out my troubleshooter on page 14 of this thread, verify each step is correct, if you are still having problems we'll be happy to help ya.
    Before I wipe the phone, let me explain a little bit more about the problem I'm having.

I have followed all the troubleshooting steps up until "wipe the Pre back to original state."

When I called a number thru the web dialer, my friend said when he answered the phone a voicemail prompt came up, asking him to leave a voicemail.

I tried calling him several times, and he said this same thing happened every time.

Strangely, he was called by a completely different person asking him to please stop calling her number.

Any ideas what could have happened here?

I have double checked to make sure my google phone number, my cell phone number, and his number are all correct.
  10.    #390  
    Version 0.4.2 released

v0.4.2
    -Added in text prompting user to type names on dial screen
    -Remove the toggle for Google Contacts. They are on all the time now
    -I think the centering is fixed for top and bottom menus
    -The top item in universal search is selected by default and pressing enter dials/SMS's it
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
    Before I wipe the phone, let me explain a little bit more about the problem I'm having.

I have followed all the troubleshooting steps up until "wipe the Pre back to original state."

When I called a number thru the web dialer, my friend said when he answered the phone a voicemail prompt came up, asking him to leave a voicemail.

I tried calling him several times, and he said this same thing happened every time.

Strangely, he was called by a completely different person asking him to please stop calling her number.

Any ideas what could have happened here?

I have double checked to make sure my google phone number, my cell phone number, and his number are all correct.
    Check in the preferences in gDial Pro on the cell phone number preferences and confirm one more time that you are using your cell number. It sounds like you might be using someone else's number and it is calling them and then your friend.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Check in the preferences in gDial Pro on the cell phone number preferences and confirm one more time that you are using your cell number. It sounds like you might be using someone else's number and it is calling them and then your friend.
    Yeah, I must be dyslexic. I had my cell phone number inputted incorrectly.

So now that those problems are out of the way (thank you very much!), I have one suggestion. I'm not sure if it's under consideration for implementation or not, but..

When you choose a contact to call, there is a prompt asking you which phone number you want to use.

Is there a way, if the contact only has one phone number, this step can be skipped?

Thanks again for a really awesome application!
    -J
  13.    #393  
    Yeah, I must be dyslexic. I had my cell phone number inputted incorrectly.

So now that those problems are out of the way (thank you very much!), I have one suggestion. I'm not sure if it's under consideration for implementation or not, but..

When you choose a contact to call, there is a prompt asking you which phone number you want to use.

Is there a way, if the contact only has one phone number, this step can be skipped?

Thanks again for a really awesome application!
    -J
    Added that to my list, thanks for the suggestion.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Version 0.4.2 released

-The top item in universal search is selected by default and pressing enter dials/SMS's it
    Thanks for this!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Is it possible to build a feature in gDial Pro to bypass your telephone provider on incoming call. It would work this way. When a call comes in through Google Voice and a phone handset has WiFi connectivity, the call will ring through gDail Pro and not through your native dialer. This way one is not using anytime minutes on Sprint service. Is this possible now or can this be done in future?
    My friend tried sending me a multimedia message text, but he got an error saying "incorrect destionation."

Is this because the software thinks my Google Voice number is a landline?

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!
    -J
  17.    #397  
    My friend tried sending me a multimedia message text, but he got an error saying "incorrect destionation."

Is this because the software thinks my Google Voice number is a landline?

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!
    -J
    I don't think that Google Voice supports MMS right now. They support regular text messaging and calls, but no MMS. Maybe sometime they will add it in, as I miss it too.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I can't manually type in a number to send an SMS message anymore. I've tried deleting gDialPro, reinstalled, and reboot w/o any luck.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I can't manually type in a number to send an SMS message anymore. I've tried deleting gDialPro, reinstalled, and reboot w/o any luck.
    When you go to the SMS screen, just start typing the number on the keypad and it will start a search with the top result being to dial that number. You select that result and it puts the number in the TO box of the SMS.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    When you go to the SMS screen, just start typing the number on the keypad and it will start a search with the top result being to dial that number. You select that result and it puts the number in the TO box of the SMS.
    Become a fan on Facebook