Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    When i try to select a contact for a call or sms , it comes back with "This contact has no number".
    But I have numbers in my contacts.
    What could be wrong ?
    Suggestion: Dial screen, if dialing a phone number with the keyboard, make it so that pressing the enter/return key dials the number. Or do something with the screen layout so that the dial button doesn't drop to where you can't press it without scrolling the screen back up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't understand what you mean when you said "can we have an option to change the back for dial/sms/history or you see what fits."
    Sorry mis-typed i meant to say background. Sorry
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sayhello2ay View Post
    When i try to select a contact for a call or sms , it comes back with "This contact has no number".
    What could be wrong ?
    Mine works fine... reinstall the app if it persist.
    Quote Originally Posted by sayhello2ay View Post
    What could be wrong ?
    I just updated to webOS 1.1.0. Now the software can select contacts when I want to make calls or send sms.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    flpalm,

I would like to thank you for continuously updating your application. If you added a PayPal donation link to the OP I would certainly contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    New version up with universal search for SMS and other fixes.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app

v0.4.1
    -Added in universal search to SMS messaging
    -Hold down the 1 on the dialer to call voicemail
    -Universal search now shows matching text with underline
    -Universal search allows you to dial numbers from the key pad as well as screen
    -Fix for history loading speed (Again, let me know whether this fixes the slow history scroll)
    -Remove border around the phone number to fix alignment issues
    -Fixed an issue with shaking on the dialer not resetting the backspace graphic to the address book
    Sweet!

I use the webdial method of placing a call (IMO it is faster than thru VM) & with the Universal Search, if you click on a number it immediately places a call. I called a couple of people by mistake last night, lol.

You cannot hang up if you touched a number in error. So I think it would be nice to have a popup appear that says "Call / Text / Cancel" when you click a number via universal search.

Again, thanks for consistently updating the app. You're great!
    Follow Me On

Awesome a little more effort on the looks dpt to compliment the beauty of webOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @jack87
    that is a pretty cool feature and I didn't know that it worked like that. Anything that removes steps the user will have to do in the future is always good. I don't see any of my contacts getting google numbers in the near future, but if they do, it's good to know I won't have to do anything on my end.
    So Aonic waited three months for his Google number. he gave me the link when he got his for me to sign up for an invite one week later Google sent me an invite. I signed up with my gmail account and my work email. well so i got two invites i forwarded one of them to my friend Jordan so he got a Google number as well then signed up for an invite for his wife... Well in three days Google sent him an invite I also signed up for a second set up invites (2 more) which i have distributed to a few friends and i am encouraging them to use their Google voice number. this is how i found out the 406 changes to whatever GV number they assign it. So people you want to get Google voice just fill out the invite forum for them because they might not... https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/ and give them a heads up to look out for that Google voice invite in their email. (you can only sign up one email at a time if Google sends an invite to your email they will not send a second invite when next set of invites is sent if you delete your invite then sign up for one again you will not receive another invite) Even if they do not have a pre/blackberry/android phone as long as they have a decent web browser like a palm based or windows based phone even iphone... even some of the multimedia phones run the Google voice mobile site pretty well.
    MatterOfFactJack
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    Awesome a little more effort on the looks dpt to compliment the beauty of webOS...
    Yep, I generally add a bunch of new features and then clean up the UI in the minor releases. I know the universal search box could look better and plan to fix that up some.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    snip snip
    So people you want to get Google voice just fill out the invite forum for them because they might not... https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/ and give them a heads up to look out for that Google voice invite in their email.
    snip snip.
    I have told some non-geek friends about GV (i'm a huge supporter of it if you all haven't noticed) and some are like.... oh ... that's neat and move on. And honestly, it's not really for the mass public yet. The majority of people out there won't even understand what this does until everyone starts using it, us (beta testers) are here to make sure it works properly and come up with ideas for when this really goes mainstream when it's a "it just works" type of deal.

added note, google supports military big time (.02c a min to iraq) and if you have a .mil email address you get "bumped up" in line, although since it's inception the requests have been filled almost up to a couple days/week time frame witch is nice. Google did purchase a million numbers throughout the US so supplies are limited however
    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...gle_voice.html
    -------------------------------------------------
    alright just got home and installed 0.4.1 here's my suggestions

Dialler- (these are just small things I notice that are different from native dialler)
    -put in "Enter name or number..." in the space where the number goes
    -add another dial pad graphic after hitting dial for "connecting" where dial pad gets turned into a screen with status/picture and cancel/hang up icon in place of call (i think I may have mentioned this before)
    -slightly larger fonts (same size as dial pad) for input on dialling/sms/universal search/history
    -add a nice wallpaper (or option to change wallpaper) dark grey doesn't complement WebOS as nicely as some subtle background would, maybe tap into picture storage I'd still probably change mine to the wood grain because I'm a nerd like that

universal search- (very useful, really polished for only being 1st/2nd release with this added in)
    +goes back to dialler when last character is deleted (don't change this, it's different but it's better)
    -pop up on top/replace dialler keypad instead of pushing it down
    -"bubble" your universal search card and maintain the same left/right/bottom dimensions as dial pad, with top raises to almost top of screen

bugs
    -universal dialler shows up when going to sms without being activated by input but will go away if input is entered and deleted
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/13/2009 at 04:57 PM.
    Another concern with 406 numbers

For those of us who have pick 3/5 when dialing the 406 number out with native dialer I would imagine this will be actually using up min but when you have your Google voice number part of your pick 3/5 then when dialing via voicemail or web dial you are not using anytime min.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    I have told some non-geek friends about GV (i'm a huge supporter of it if you all haven't noticed) and some are like.... oh ... that's neat and move on. And honestly, it's not really for the mass public yet. The majority of people out there won't even understand what this does until everyone starts using it, us (beta testers) are here to make sure it works properly and come up with ideas for when this really goes mainstream when it's a "it just works" type of deal.

added note, google supports military big time (.02c a min to iraq) and if you have a .mil email address you get "bumped up" in line, although since it's inception the requests have been filled almost up to a couple days/week time frame witch is nice. Google did purchase a million numbers throughout the US so supplies are limited however
    Thats why i sign up their email addy for them haha no... the geek ones i sign up for them the extra few i received are the ones i gave out to the none geeks who really did seem interested but you can tell they wouldnt sign up for an invite... and they indeed are using it. Transcribed voice mail to text sms is what gets most of them.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    For some reason, since updating to 0.4.1 Universal search isn't working at all (within the app) for me. I tried restarting, then tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Still nothing. Any ideas, what mighta happened?
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    For some reason, since updating to 0.4.1 Universal search isn't working at all (within the app) for me. I tried restarting, then tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Still nothing. Any ideas, what mighta happened?
    I have no idea as none of that code was changed in terms of contact loading. It does have to load your contacts before the universal search starts working, so maybe open it and give it a 20 seconds or so to see if that is the issue?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I just downloaded gDial Pro via filecoaster and put in all of the information. I attempted a test call and the dialing was so s l o w I couldn't wait for it to complete. It literally took several minutes. Is this normal? I don't have great signal here: could that have something to do with it? Thanks.
    @mckathryn yes slow data connection means you will have slow responce till it says "web dial success" if you live in a area where this is common, disable web dial under preferences in gDial, it will call through your google voicemail

note this takes generally takes longer then webdial but is useful as a backup in rare instances like yours, to speed up the calling through your voicemail process, disable pin required under your settings on www.google.com/voice and delete any pin number entered in gDial preferences, hope this helps
    Thanks. I have it set for no pin already. Would turning on wi-fi on help the situation? I shall follow your instructions.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Each time it is getting better.

I would like to see that when you search for a contact it does not have to be exact. For example I have a contact Joe & Jane Doe. When I type in Joe Doe it does not find the contact. I would like it if did. The universal search does this and it would be nice if you could add this in.

Keep up the awesome work!!!
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Thanks. I have it set for no pin already. Would turning on wi-fi on help the situation? I shall follow your instructions.
    The dialing is slow if you aren't using webdial. Unfortunately this is not something I have figured out how to control. The dial speed doesn't seem to be configurable at this point.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    For the life of me I can't figure out why the Universal search isn't working anymore. Seems like if I press any letter that has the numbers on it (on the keyboard) only thing that happens in the letters are displayed up top like it wanted to search them, below it shows DIAL dialog with the numbers I enter. But, no contacts found. But if I press the contacts button, they load fine.