Page 15 of 145 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Whenever I try to go to my voice mail, I get the "spinning blank page of death", and it never gets there. I get the same result on dkGoogleVoice as well. Anyone have any ideas? I'm really stoked about Google Voice and really want this to work!!
    Seem like it might be a data connection issue. I just rechecked the code and it should throw up an error if it fails to login due to invalid user/pass.

The other issue could be that you don't have a username/pass entered at all? Go into preferences and make sure you have your username and password entered.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Seem like it might be a data connection issue. I just rechecked the code and it should throw up an error if it fails to login due to invalid user/pass.

The other issue could be that you don't have a username/pass entered at all? Go into preferences and make sure you have your username and password entered.
    Duh. I'm a moron. Yes, I put in my username/password and it works fine.

Sorry 'bout that!
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    PLEASE let me assign my own pause times. It works so good until after the "2" to forward, then dials so damn slow even set at 1. I know I keep asking but it it is the only main feature that is driving me crazy! dk has not added it to his app yet either.

I would actually prefer the ability to set the dial string...I can then configure it the best way that works for me. Set all 'P' pauses to like .25/sec then I can just have a string of ##########(This pre set to dial GV),ppp2pp#p#p#p#p#p#p#p#p#p#(forwarded num) etc..... This would give me a .25 sec pause in between each number. If that is not enough I can use PP#PP# for half a second. 1 second is just too long.

You get the general idea! ii
    I just want more control of the timings. You do not have to let everyone play with this, maybe an advanced setting...
    I looked into this and I was not able to figure out a way to do this. The 't' in the dial string is a system delay. I am not able to change the length of time represented by the pause, just the number of them entered into the dialing.
    I looked into this and I was not able to figure out a way to do this. The 't' in the dial string is a system delay. I am not able to change the length of time represented by the pause, just the number of them entered into the dialing.

Oh man that sucks. I appreciate you looking into it though. I just wish the pause was not 1 second long you know. It seems to take a long time to dial the number after it presses '2'.

Thanks anyway man and keep up the good work.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    flpalm
    Any plans on decending history on next release from newest to oldest (I mentioned this when you first released 3.3 but didn't see a response not sure if you saw it) it would definitely help a ton for texting.

Also my history under all does not date back very far but but when I go to voice mail it goes back to the day I installed the app. Any idea why that maybe?
    Does anyone else have similar issue?

And if I could see outgoing/incoming calls in history that be great to right now it shows missed calls/sms/vmail but nothing for outgoing/incoming calls. If its a possibility might consider implimenting that at some point.

Now that I think about it I think I mentioned all this in my last post sorry for repeating I am replying on my pre so its not too easy reffering back.
    Two preference settings I'm a bit unclear on:

1 - Use Web Based dialing. How is this better or worse than than not using it? How does the experience differ in practical terms?

2 - Use Google Contacts for Caller ID. I shouldn't need this, should I?

Overall, this is the best app I've used on the Pre. Great work.
    Last edited by alwaysonline; 08/11/2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: answered one of my own questions
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    Two preference settings I'm a bit unclear on:

1 - Use Web Based dialing. How is this better or worse than than not using it? How does the experience differ in practical terms?

2 - Use Google Contacts for Caller ID. I shouldn't need this, should I?

Overall, this is the best app I've used on the Pre. Great work.
    1 I for one am using web based calling so instead of lauching phone app and auto dialing the number. It calls you and when you answer it will automaticaly connect you to who you are calling. Its nice not sitting through the dial tones being pressed and I think its faster

2 I would use it if I were you. I have all my contacts tansfered from my exchange account and imported into google contacts. What this will do now is when you send recive text or call people or recive calls you will see the caller's name in your googlevoice history or texting app also shows persons name in gdial history. Now I have the pre set to by default sync any contacts I creat with my google contacts. And if I use gdial to add a contact now it will sync wirh google and grab the new contact. Very nice feature
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    flpalm
    Any plans on decending history on next release from newest to oldest (I mentioned this when you first released 3.3 but didn't see a response not sure if you saw it) it would definitely help a ton for texting.

Also my history under all does not date back very far but but when I go to voice mail it goes back to the day I installed the app. Any idea why that maybe?
    Does anyone else have similar issue?

And if I could see outgoing/incoming calls in history that be great to right now it shows missed calls/sms/vmail but nothing for outgoing/incoming calls. If its a possibility might consider implimenting that at some point.

Now that I think about it I think I mentioned all this in my last post sorry for repeating I am replying on my pre so its not too easy reffering back.
    Yeah, I can definitely change the history of SMS to show in reverse order.

Also, I am making some changes right now to allow for more history to show. Right now it doesn't load all of the history which is why you aren't seeing all calls in and out on the history screen.
  9.    #289  
    New version up

v0.3.4:
    -Better messages when user/pass are not provided
    -Displays either the name or the phone number in the history list. Detail view of a history item still displays both
    -Reversed the SMS history in detail view for a given conversation so that the most recent message shows at the top
    -Load up to 50 history items for each filter
    -Layout cleanup on phone number entry, as well as bottom menu
    -Needed: I need feedback on the new change to show more history. I have tried to balance the responsiveness of the app with more data, but I would like some comments on how it is working for you users.
    I don't know if either of you guys (flpalm or dk) have checked out GV for iphone or the official GV app for android. But if either of you are looking for inpiration for some new ideas check these out

i really like the way the history and voicemail is setup on this

i like this method of sms better then the iphone's version, and as I stated before the native palm sms app is probally my favorite

I'd like to hear if you have plans on improving or changeing the sms client other than what has already been mentioned?

also, either of you guys submit your apps to the devcamp contest precentral is having? If not, I suggest it, you guys probally have best in catagory licked easily, if not best in homebrew... winner gets a free pre
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    I don't know if either of you guys (flpalm or dk) have checked out GV for iphone or the official GV app for android. But if either of you are looking for inpiration for some new ideas check these out

i really like the way the history and voicemail is setup on this

i like this method of sms better then the iphone's version, and as I stated before the native palm sms app is probally my favorite

I'd like to hear if you have plans on improving or changeing the sms client other than what has already been mentioned?

also, either of you guys submit your apps to the devcamp contest precentral is having? If not, I suggest it, you guys probally have best in catagory licked easily, if not best in homebrew... winner gets a free pre
    I would like to improve the SMS piece of the app to more closely fit the experience on the Pre. The only thing that has really been difficult for me to determine is how much time people spend in gDial versus outside of it for SMS messaging.

What I mean is that with SMS forwarding setup on GV, you can send your initial SMS in gDial and then when they respond you receive it on your Pre in the native SMS app and can continue the conversation there. That is my preferred way of using it and what I had imagined others were doing as well since it allows for instant SMS and the native integration to the Pre.

Please let me know how you are using the app and what would make you want to stay within gDial for SMS versus using the Pre messaging.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    So this "Pick 3" option... it allows you to make free calls TO a number, right? But not FROM a number?

If that's the case... then web-dial with gDialPro still will cost minutes because of the incoming call from GV to your Sprint number, correct?

Just wanted to make sure I understood this correctly before trying to get a Pick 3 set up on my account.
    The reason i like to stay within the gdail's sms is because it uses the same gv number, if you turn off sms forwarding in gv's settings (along with notification) it then becomes a standalone sms client. Kind of frusterateing at the moment without sms push if you do it this way. (I'm sure google will implement an API for this in the future) I hear it's in the official client

I envision myself totally transfering to my google voice number in the near future as i'm moving out of state and my google voice is for where I'm moving to (area code). My sprint number has been the same for about 10 years, so i still want that as a backup. But using gdail as my main phone/sms/vm app with my new number. So when I move I'll be spending about 100% of my phonetime in this app, minus actually answering calls of course.

PS. I'll check out 0.3.4 when I get home and give you my thoughts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I would like to improve the SMS piece of the app to more closely fit the experience on the Pre. The only thing that has really been difficult for me to determine is how much time people spend in gDial versus outside of it for SMS messaging.

What I mean is that with SMS forwarding setup on GV, you can send your initial SMS in gDial and then when they respond you receive it on your Pre in the native SMS app and can continue the conversation there. That is my preferred way of using it and what I had imagined others were doing as well since it allows for instant SMS and the native integration to the Pre.

Please let me know how you are using the app and what would make you want to stay within gDial for SMS versus using the Pre messaging.
    Hi flpalm,

Great work on the app i really appreciate all that you are doing. My suggestions are:

1. To tap in the pre's phone dial scripts - Meaning you don't have to open google voice app all the time when making call. Instead dial with the pre's pad and then will be prompted to use GV # or your regular number.

2. Like you said have GN mess. forwarded to the pre mess. I think dk has implemented this and i don't know if you guys work together or not.

3. If possible to fully mirror the pre's dialpad including the "Enter name or number part" and the rest will be a work in progress...

These are just a few i could think of at the moment, more will come in due time. Thank you again
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    When you call to cancel they offer a fav 5 thing and I for one have made my skype to go number one of the 5 but I just got a gv invite this morning so my gv number is going to be one of the 5. As for people asking for invites... People can't send you an invite so stop asking google them selves will send you an invite if you sighn up for me took a week for others its taken up to 3 months
    OMG!!
    For the DKGoogleVoice refused to work on my phone. Don't know why and I was very upset.
    Thank God for Forums.
    GDial Pro worked like a charm.. So sweet..
    I then called Sprint and didn't threaten to cancel, but I did have to push the rep and insist that it existed.. I told I have a number of friends who have the feature (PreCentral forum friends that is lol..). After some research she connected to the lady who handles disgruntled customers and added the service to all 3 lines on my family plan..

FYI, the Sprint service is called "3 Number Any Network"..

Thanks Jack87 and thanks Google.. I now have Unified Messaging features on my mobile phone and all my calls are free (after I properly publish my GV number)..

Whoo..
    One very interesting note for people, like me, using Google Apps (that's where you have your own domain name instead of gmail.com). Currently, Google Voice is not integrated into Google Apps, so your regular Google Apps/e-mail contacts list is not the same as your Google Voice contacts. As far as I know, the only thing you can do about that is export your contacts, then import them into Google Voice once in a while.

I'm no expert on either Google Voice or gDial Pro, but if I'm following this discussion correctly, gDial Pro can add new contacts into my Pre's contact database. Is that right? If so, the Pre will then automatically sync those new contacts into Google Apps.

Can gDial Pro also push new/modified contacts (new contacts entered directly into the Pre) back up into Google Voice? If that works it would solve the syncing problem completely.

On another topic, several people have clearly stated that outgoing calls (from Pre to GV) can be added to a Sprint plan making them always free. But can someone please answer the question about whether incoming calls (from GV to Pre) can be added to that Sprint plan so those calls will also be free?
    @saiks, that is a cool idea with the ability to choose your dialing method, and I like how they got it working with android, not to steal any thunder away from flpalm, but this kind of modification would require some serious coding changes to the built in dialer and the way it handles outgoing calls. This kind of change would no longer be normal app and would absolutely require root access.

This however would be an awesome modification and if were possible, and while you're at it, I'd modify it to actually resemble dialing out while it's connecting and answering the incomming call (see previous post second image far right section) to where it was seamless as if it was actually just dialing the number. But all this is really far out untill "the powers that be" really understand how the native apps work
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    One very interesting note for people, like me, using Google Apps (that's where you have your own domain name instead of gmail.com). Currently, Google Voice is not integrated into Google Apps, so your regular Google Apps/e-mail contacts list is not the same as your Google Voice contacts. As far as I know, the only thing you can do about that is export your contacts, then import them into Google Voice once in a while.

I'm no expert on either Google Voice or gDial Pro, but if I'm following this discussion correctly, gDial Pro can add new contacts into my Pre's contact database. Is that right? If so, the Pre will then automatically sync those new contacts into Google Apps.

Can gDial Pro also push new/modified contacts (new contacts entered directly into the Pre) back up into Google Voice? If that works it would solve the syncing problem completely.

On another topic, several people have clearly stated that outgoing calls (from Pre to GV) can be added to a Sprint plan making them always free. But can someone please answer the question about whether incoming calls (from GV to Pre) can be added to that Sprint plan so those calls will also be free?
    If your google account is something@gmail.com, the below information does not apply and has no impact on your usage.

The way this is setup is that gDial loads your Google Contacts for your account. Not the contacts in Google Voice.

For most people this distinction doesn't matter, but for people with their own domain using Google Apps, what it means is that if you add a contact in gDial it goes into the contacts on your Google Apps account. So in gDial it will map your Google App contacts to phone numbers, but it will not add them on your Google Voice account.

I have a Google App account and this has been the only way for me to map my list of synced contacts to phone numbers in Google Voice since it keeps a separate list for some reason.
    Nice App thanks.
    If your google account is something@gmail.com, the below information does not apply and has no impact on your usage.

The way this is setup is that gDial loads your Google Contacts for your account. Not the contacts in Google Voice.

For most people this distinction doesn't matter, but for people with their own domain using Google Apps, what it means is that if you add a contact in gDial it goes into the contacts on your Google Apps account. So in gDial it will map your Google App contacts to phone numbers, but it will not add them on your Google Voice account.
    Are you saying that for Google Apps accounts, gDial Pro never uses the contacts in the Google Voice account? That would be awesome. But, how does it do that? The account passwords could be different (I think mine are).

I'm definitely sending a donation now
    Last edited by redhat; 08/11/2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Had to clarify something