Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #2841  
    Sometime in the last few days, GDialPro (1.3.2. unsupported for some time now) stopped working to access my visual voicemails. Can anyone else confirm?

    It seems that the (mobile) web interface has also been updated, but in the new mobile web interface, I cannot seem to find a play button to actually listen to the voicemails.... am I missing something?
  2. #2842  
    it no longer shows the voice-mails
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
  3. #2843  
    with the latest changes you are now able to add a forwarding number from your phone sweet. I hope nathan checks in periodically to see if the changes being mabe now make it compatible with gdial pro.
  4. #2844  
    Another +1 for the Evo. I need more than bad sms transcriptions.

    It's in everyone's best interest to hit up Palm's feedback link and complain about the lack of visual voicemail. Either a solid gvoice app or for carrier's voicemail.
  5. gaiden123's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #2845  
    Could some one DM me the 1.3.2 ipk. Thanks
  6. #2846  
    ah my computer die and lost the 1.3.2 version, could someone pm me too pls
  7. #2847  
    me three? thanks. i have 1.3.1 ... not sure what the difference is from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 though.
  8. normski's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #2848  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    with the latest changes you are now able to add a forwarding number from your phone sweet. I hope nathan checks in periodically to see if the changes being mabe now make it compatible with gdial pro.
    Can you explain how to forward.. How does forwarding make the app better ??
  9. #2849  
    I wish I could redownload this app to my phone just so I could uninstall it again. I found out from HBZ that this is the offending app that is causing my Updates app to tell me that there are updates for me to download. If I could reinstall/uninstall this app I could get rid of that little annoyance
  10. #2850  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I wish I could redownload this app to my phone just so I could uninstall it again. I found out from HBZ that this is the offending app that is causing my Updates app to tell me that there are updates for me to download. If I could reinstall/uninstall this app I could get rid of that little annoyance
    Did you check to see if you can delete any remnants of the GDial Pro file/directory using Internalz, and then turning off your backup (erasing it in the process) and then manually backup the phone again, so that the new "clean" version is stored in your profile?

    I'm guessing that the GDial Pro info would be stored in the same place as the other apps:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
  11. #2851  
    Quote Originally Posted by normski View Post
    Can you explain how to forward.. How does forwarding make the app better ??
    The app doesn't forward the mobile site now allows you to set forwarding numbers via the mobile interface. This is useful if you are in an area where you will be someplace for a while and haven't setup the forwarding number in google voice you can temporarily setup a number that you can be reached at.
  12. #2852  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Did you check to see if you can delete any remnants of the GDial Pro file/directory using Internalz, and then turning off your backup (erasing it in the process) and then manually backup the phone again, so that the new "clean" version is stored in your profile?

    I'm guessing that the GDial Pro info would be stored in the same place as the other apps:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

    Yup, I looked through Internalz and there is nothing left in there for this application. The issue is that I deleted the app long ago, but it is still showing in my Palm Backup profile. The only way I can get this to delete from that profile would be to reinstall a slightly newer version of the app and then uninstall it again.

    If anyone has version 1.3.1 or later, please let me know. If not, I can live with this annoyance. Thanks!!
  13. #2853  
    I get an error when trying to use this to txt message.
  14. #2854  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdmills View Post
    I get an error when trying to use this to txt message.
    Right, that is a known issue.
  15. #2855  
    I had been a gDial Pro holdout for a long time (almost exclusively for getting my voicemail messages and transcriptions).

    But since the app is no longer supported at all and the GV voicemail message access through gDial has been broken for some time now (at least on my Sprint Pre) due to GV's recent updates.... yesterday, I tried out YouMail (and subsequently YouView) and it's just awesome for on-device access to visual voice mail.

    That said, I'm still forwarding my ignored and unanswered calls to Google Voice as my main voicemail repository (and free transcriptions -- no matter how crappy they are sometimes). By setting GV up to forward voicemails to YouMail, the same exact messages are available via YouMail web and easily listenable on the Pre via Syntactix' YouView WebOS app ($2.00 on sale right now and totally worth it).

    Before I get flamed, this is not an advertisement for YouView or YouMail; I'm just a real and longtime Treo/Precentral member. I was just totally unaware until yesterday that YM and YV Visual Voicemail were totally compatible with Google Voice. Just thought I'd share my positive experiences here as well for someone looking to keep GV, but have better access to on-device voicemails.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 06/25/2010 at 09:30 AM.
  16. #2856  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I had been a gDial Pro holdout for a long time..
    Good to know. Will be looking into this post haste! Here's the question: can you call ones GV number from YouMail?
  17. #2857  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    ...Here's the question: can you call ones GV number from YouMail?
    YouMail's not really for calling out.... like GV is. Do you mean... Can you call your own GV # to retreive your GV messages?

    If that's what you mean, then I don't know that you'd need to. First of all, all of my GV voice messages are now also available (a) from YouMail (via the website) and (b) via YouView (on the Pre). YouMail also (c) emails the voice messages to the email account of my choosing: including a link to the YouMail portal as well as (d) an MP3 attachment of the voicemail itself. Finally, (e) YouMail has a dial-in access for the messages as well so in the last worst case scenario, I can dial into the US-based phone number to retrieve my messages (which at this time, all of my YM voice messages come only from my GV account - either from my Sprint mobile's NoAnswerCallForward'd messages or messages at the GV number itself....).

    So I have 5 possible ways to get my GV voice messages without actually calling my GV number.... or using the (broken) GV web portal on the WebOS browser (cannot stream or listen to messages -- can only read the transcripts)

    I hope I answered your question.
  18. #2858  
    Yes, you sure did!

    One more question: does this app need to launch itself separately, or does it embedded itself with the built-in Pixi/Pre phone app?
  19. #2859  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Yes, you sure did!

    One more question: does this app need to launch itself separately, or does it embedded itself with the built-in Pixi/Pre phone app?
    It runs in the background (user option) to check for messages when the screen is off. Otherwise, it will check for messages when you turn on the screen and are using the phone. Check out the YouView thread... pretty easy to find (I don't have the link handy right now)
  20. #2860  
    Does anyone have a copy of a version of Gdial pro that will function when using it to dial via the dtmf method. I lost my old copy & I want to use it again paired with the Gdial patch.
    If you have a copy would you please PM me.
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions