Page 140 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I know this is probably like a sin but, isnt there some other "less superior" google voice dialing app? I'd much rather prefer a user interface of dialing from an app on my phone rather then logging online to make a call everytime I want to have my GV # show up on the caller ID.. even if it is a mobile version of the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    No. Due to the API changes on Google's side, there is no way for gDial to place calls through Google Voice. Your best bet is to just use google.com/voice/m
    Well, I have been using ver. 1.2.8. I can call out. I here my voice mail. History updates fine. Only problem with SMS. But then I use Native messaging for SMS. I have updated to WebOS 1.4. By the way I do not use web dialer and web dialer would not work. As far as I am concerned, gDialPro is functional for me. Hopefully, FLPALM will come with some solution in the near future. Shame on you Palm and Google!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I know man.. I'm freakin' out. Sorry, dude. Didn't mean to snap at anybody.

flpalm... somebody... help...

$$$$ I'll make it rain. $$$$
    No worries. I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    I know this is probably like a sin but, isnt there some other "less superior" google voice dialing app? I'd much rather prefer a user interface of dialing from an app on my phone rather then logging online to make a call everytime I want to have my GV # show up on the caller ID.. even if it is a mobile version of the site.
    If you use the (406)'s and call them, the person you call will still see your GV number show up.

Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    Well, I have been using ver. 1.2.8. I can call out. I here my voice mail. History updates fine. Only problem with SMS. But then I use Native messaging for SMS. I have updated to WebOS 1.4. By the way I do not use web dialer and web dialer would not work. As far as I am concerned, gDialPro is functional for me. Hopefully, FLPALM will come with some solution in the near future. Shame on you Palm and Google!!!
    Now that you mention it, I think I remember flpalm saying something about the non-webdial version working...

Still, from what I've read/heard, The current combination of Palm API's, SDK, and Google Voice's API's makes it impossible to keep the full functionality of gDial going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Now that you mention it, I think I remember flpalm saying something about the non-webdial version working...
    Right... Forgot about that part.

Does anybody have a functional version of gDial Pro that uses webdial??
    well I have tried the one on the list and I cant get it to work at all - I would like this to work but if there is another app that does the same thing then I will use that also

I just want google voice on my pre

I bet that there could be a offical app from google some time, and that could be the reason for ending this
    It would be awesome if someone could post the latest version. The archived page has only up to 1..0.5
    + 1 on a link to most recent working version. The Google Mobile site is nice but I miss the ability to play back VMs right from the inbox. Please share!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckgoodwin View Post
    + 1 on a link to most recent working version. The Google Mobile site is nice but I miss the ability to play back VMs right from the inbox. Please share!
    +2! and tia
    Better yet - can we convince flpalm to release a scaled back version of GDial Pro with all the features he CAN support? I may be in the minority but I don't care about web dial or SMS. I mainly want a nice, native visual voicemail app. Based on this thread it seems like others are interested as well. I know it must be frustrating for Google API changes kybosh his original vision for the app but why not salvage what we can? Personally I would pay for this app. Playing back live Google voicemails was my favorite way to taunt iPhone users. How about it!?

- Chris
    Last edited by ckgoodwin; 03/08/2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: clarification
    One of our Pres had filesystem errors and needed reformatting. Fortunately, I still have gDial Pro on a good Pre. It took me a minute to figure this out but manually copying it over has worked for me, even without the original IPK.

This is gDial Pro 1.3.0 (not 1.3.1 which was the last version before it was discontinued in February).

1. Download gDial Pro 1.3.0 and unzip the archive.

2. Copy the "com.palm.natebiz.gdial-pro" folder to:

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    3. Copy everything else to:

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info
    If I'm asked to, I'll remove the download. I can't promise anything other than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    One of our Pres had filesystem errors and needed reformatting. Fortunately, I still have gDial Pro on a good Pre. It took me a minute to figure this out but manually copying it over has worked for me, even without the original IPK.

This is gDial Pro 1.3.0 (not 1.3.1 which was the last version before it was discontinued in February).

1. Download gDial Pro 1.3.0 and unzip the archive.

2. Copy the "com.palm.natebiz.gdial-pro" folder to:

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    3. Copy everything else to:

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info
    If I'm asked to, I'll remove the download. I can't promise anything other than that.

this makes no sense to me at all - I have no folders named "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications" or anything like that on my pre or my computer - I have explorer set to display hidden files and stuff but I still dont see those folders

what are you talking about?
    this isn't explorer. it's in the linux command line. If all you want to do is check your google voicemail why don't you try reading through the posts in the threads you posted in. The links are there to download Visual Voicemail which is a scaled down version of gdial pro strictly for visual voicemail from google. And your napster free loading self doesn't have to pay a dime for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    this makes no sense to me at all - I have no folders named "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications" or anything like that on my pre or my computer - I have explorer set to display hidden files and stuff but I still dont see those folders

what are you talking about?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    this isn't explorer. it's in the linux command line. If all you want to do is check your google voicemail why don't you try reading through the posts in the threads you posted in. The links are there to download Visual Voicemail which is a scaled down version of gdial pro strictly for visual voicemail from google. And your napster free loading self doesn't have to pay a dime for it.

well I do want the gdial pro because I use google voice so thats what I want but if its not usable then the visual voice mail will do for now

yea I am not really a free loading type of person, I just have a problem (I am getting help with it, lol) because of the fact that I grew up using computers and napster and other stuff before that like AOL chat room trading of music and some videos, and before that, BBS's - I have an Audible.com account even though I can get it for free using bittorrent because I am changing now but its hard - lol
    There will probably never be a GV client for a smartphone OS that does web dial outside of Android/BlackBerry unless:

Google makes the Voice API public. There are probably a lot of reasons they haven't done this, the top ones are that they acquired Voice from GrandCentral (and Gizmo for VOIP, more on that later), and haven't cleaned up the code yet.

Someone manages to make an app using third party APIs. I believe there are ones for Java that web browsers use and another one in Python. I dunno how easy it would to be to port those to a smartphone OS though.
    I dont see why it woundnt be an app - google was making one for the iphone but it got shot down because apple sucks - or was that a 3rd party as well, I thought it was google because they were in agreement with apple about the multi touch in the droid until apple rejected the google voice app then they turned it on over night

apple nicely asked google if they would turn off multi touch because they didnt want to fight the patents in court - after apple rejected the google voice app google came back and turned this on and is waiting to the courts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    There will probably never be a GV client for a smartphone OS that does web dial outside of Android/BlackBerry unless:

Google makes the Voice API public. There are probably a lot of reasons they haven't done this, the top ones are that they acquired Voice from GrandCentral (and Gizmo for VOIP, more on that later), and haven't cleaned up the code yet.

Someone manages to make an app using third party APIs. I believe there are ones for Java that web browsers use and another one in Python. I dunno how easy it would to be to port those to a smartphone OS though.
    Grand Central was just the previous code name for google voice. They purchased a voip company a few months back, so we might get voip capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenbaaron View Post
    Grand Central was just the previous code name for google voice. They purchased a voip company a few months back, so we might get voip capabilities.
    No... GrandCentral was the company that created what you now know as Google Voice. Google also acquired Gizmo5, which is a free SIP account that GrandCentral could dial to. So, if you had a GrandCentral frontend (something like GDial Pro, for example, or just their website), you could make an unlimited number of incoming/outgoing phone calls to/from your house phone, cell phone, or whatever you wanted... all for FREE.

Google didn't create one spec of that. They only made it all more efficient.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Can someone point me to what is the latest status on this app? I haven't had time to read thru all pages of this thread but the top post from the author only refers back to v1.3.0, while the version I have on my Palm is v1.3.2.

I have had a problem with both Web Dial and SMS sending thru gDial Pro and reading thru the last few pages only, I was able to discern that I'm not the only one with said issues. What I haven't been able to figure out however is if this app is still being supported by the author and what it's latest status is. Anyone who can point me in the right direction? Or summarize what I might've missed outside the last few pages of this thread? Thanks!

~Cherie
    There is no more support for gdial pro. fpalm said google kept changing things and it would take too much on his part to work at the moment since it would be a paid version to operate on his server.