Page 14 of 145 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    This app really looks decent very nice interface and very responsive. Just a personal preference of mine but can you change the green dialer to maybe a gray or shade of black? This is becoming very polished. Thanks!!!
    Word on jack87's descending order on the date suggestion.
    Overall the speed is there now. That was my biggest issue till 3.3
    The dialer looks much better. I like the dark green shade, differentiates it for people who have the stock one still. I like the notifications on the bottom (success on web dial). The contact syncing is invaluable.
    Overall it's becoming more and more polished product. Palm needs to expand their player go play more sound and video formats.
    Also i've been shaking my cellphone like an ***** lately, because of this app.
    Can somebody explain why when I call somebody it always calls the same # and this woman that answers is really getting pissed and rude, I cant blame her but i dont know what to else to do.
    Sounds to me like you've put the wrong number in preferences as being your google voice number. So its calling this female that the number actually belongs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Sounds to me like you've put the wrong number in preferences as being your google voice number. So its calling this female that the number actually belongs to.

Yeah I figured that out! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The pre doesn't play wav files as of yet. That is why you can't listen to your google voicemail.
    Interesting... I wonder if a wav player can be coded inside gDial to play the voicemails. Something like this:

Scripts: Adding sound or background music .wav .mid .mp3

Code:
    <!-- START SOUND CODE, DELETE TO REMOVE -->
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") {
    document.write('<bgsound src="your-file.mp3" LOOP="false">');
    }
    else {
    document.write('<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" Name="MediaPlayer" src="your-file.mp3" AutoStart="true" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowControls="0" ShowDisplay="0" volume="1" HEIGHT="1" WIDTH="1" loop="false"><br>');
    }
    // End -->
    </script>
    <!-- END SOUND CODE -->
    Update: Now that I think about it... this piece of code probably doesn't do any good for the Palm Pre..
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    love this but something is going wrong with this version for me when I sms it is not going out.. when I hit the history button I just get the spinning wheel.. do you think I should delete app and reinstall? or any suggestions thanks
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Need help i can't send sms, view call list or do anything think else but make a call. When i send sms, nothing happens and when i chk to see if the sms is receive, naata...
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Need help i can't send sms, view call list or do anything think else but make a call. When i send sms, nothing happens and when i chk to see if the sms is receive, naata...
    Please go into preferences and make sure that your login and password are entered correctly as well as your cell phone number in the appropriate text fields. That should be all you need for it to load the info for you.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Please go into preferences and make sure that your login and password are entered correctly as well as your cell phone number in the appropriate text fields. That should be all you need for it to load the info for you.
    Thank you so much... it worked. U are the best
    this program 0.3.3 does work if you have a google voice account, i run both apps (dkGV & gDial Pro) together and separately and haven't had any issues for several versions. These are things to help troubleshoot common problems you may have with setting up to run for the first time.

First is first and very important
    *****make sure you actually have a google voice account and have set it up via google voice website's tutorial where you register your mobile phone for first time*****

next basic settings to check within dkGV and gDial
    -make sure you enter your GV account correctly, name@gmail.com
    -make sure you enter your GV password correctly
    -make sure you enter your GV number correct and complete exp 2225551234 no dashs
    -dkGV uses webdial only, make sure preferences reflect within preferences menu
    -make sure your mobile number is correct in gDial 2225551234 no dashes
    -make sure your mobile phone is registered with google voice
    -make sure calls are forwarded to your mobile phone
    -turn off "do not disturb" on GV website under settings
    -make sure you have a decent data connection, if all else fails use wifi for testing
    -after you hit dial, dkGV does not give a confirmation of call being sent (gDial does however), wait for the phone call from your google voice number before doing anything else, could take up to 1 min but average is 5-10 sec

use these advanced trouble shooting steps if all settings are correct (actually verify these, don't just assume they are ok)

-make a test call via www.google.com/voice/m as this is the same website both applications talk through, if your phone rings it's in the mobile app not with your settings

-reinstall the applications, manually delete them in software menu on pre, then use installer such as "WebOSQuickInstall" to reinstall.

-use webdoctor to completely wipe your pre and start from scratch *make sure you back up your phone numbers and private information before doing this*

Hope this helps anyone that's haveing problems getting this to run, I'll also post this in both program's forum to help resolve problems users have running either program
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/09/2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    that's all set on my end yes still no sms.. and the history never loads
    @darmood
    if your user name and password are entered correctly and you can log in and see your history on www.google.com/voice/m website, it sounds like a data connection problem, also in the google voice website try to disable sms forwarding and see if you can receive sms in app after that, but probally won't help if your history never loads, if you are near a wifi hotspot try connecting to that and testing it that way narrow down the problems
    Maybe I am misundstanding how to use this app but....

THe only way I can get it to work is to use webdial. Otherwise my phone just rings busy. With webdial I have to answer it and then it starts ringing whoever I called. Anyone know how I screwed up the config? Why am I only able to use the webdial? Also, couldn't get dkGV to work at all. Wondering if its the face that my GV account login is not a google.com addy.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @darmood
    if your user name and password are entered correctly and you can log in and see your history on www.google.com/voice/m website, it sounds like a data connection problem, also in the google voice website try to disable sms forwarding and see if you can receive sms in app after that, but probally won't help if your history never loads, if you are near a wifi hotspot try connecting to that and testing it that way narrow down the problems
    thanks for the reply. will try those. worked perfectly with first install thats why I donated so early of course. its not working now with update though I can send through site and once received than good but can initiate from phone.. and that history look up thing is just not working at all.. but thanks again
    @17outs you dail a number in gDial, it then talks to google voice and it then calls your phone with the number you tried to dial, when you answer the call, it connects you to the number you dialed. Kind of confusing but if you break it down and think about it, it makes sence.

EDIT: yes, if you aren't useing a @gmail.com specify what you're useing, name@whatever.com I didn't even know it was possible to sign up for google voice without a google mail account as I was under the assumption that this was a requirement

@darmood that was the reason contacts weren't working in the past pre 3.3 and has been corrected by flpalm. pre's synergy should have already synced your phone's contacts once you no longer get the failed to load error (if that is what you saw), if it has not, you might have to link them manually between google and your pre, it is a pain to clean up, but you only have to do it once, and worth the trouble.

@both you can use the google voicemail route, it is susposed to dail your google number and get your voicemail box, then place uses the option to place the call that way, this however is annoying and confusing in my opinion, and although some have shown success with this route I choose to avoid using this as webdial is much "cleaner"

one might question the usefulness of google voice right now? It almost seems trivial, but it will, without a doubt, be totally VOIP in the future not having to use your sprint mobile number (or minutes) at all just waiting for google to drop the bomb for their mobile strategy (but shhhh don't tell sprint)
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/09/2009 at 11:15 PM.
    THanks for your help. Webdial works great...still don't know why I can't get it to work wothout it, but oh well. Good enough! I couldn't get the dkGV app to work at all.

And yes, if you sign up for google apps, you can register your own domain name and then it just makes sense to use that same account for your regular google account as well as any other google service. I never used many google services before buying the pre on opening day, but since google is so cloud/webcentric friendly it really makes sense. The more things you have of theres, the more it just "works."

Thanks again.
    I been using these apps for a few days and there both great I need some help. I installed both dkGoogleVoice and Gdial Pro. I got two google accounts. One as my main (that's set for my mobile) and the other for my side people, I had to use my house number to forward calls to that one since you can't have two GV accounts for one cell number. But I turned off the forward to my home number. The problem is my main account works great for both the apps but my 2nd number is not working at all on none of the apps. I got all the information right but when I dial someone or text my main number shows up. Everything works on the website. When I open the app that's for my 2nd GV my main GV history still shows up. It happens on both apps. Does these apps put the information in the phone so it can't be change? The 1st account I added when I downloaded the apps was my main GV. I just want to use my 2nd account to call and text. Any ideas?

I really wish there was a way to have multiple GV accounts in one app (like tweed) and have to enter pin # to access each.
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I been using these apps for a few days and there both great I need some help. I installed both dkGoogleVoice and Gdial Pro. I got two google accounts. One as my main (that's set for my mobile) and the other for my side people, I had to use my house number to forward calls to that one since you can't have two GV accounts for one cell number. But I turned off the forward to my home number. The problem is my main account works great for both the apps but my 2nd number is not working at all on none of the apps. I got all the information right but when I dial someone or text my main number shows up. Everything works on the website. When I open the app that's for my 2nd GV my main GV history still shows up. It happens on both apps. Does these apps put the information in the phone so it can't be change? The 1st account I added when I downloaded the apps was my main GV. I just want to use my 2nd account to call and text. Any ideas?

I really wish there was a way to have multiple GV accounts in one app (like tweed) and have to enter pin # to access each.
    Unfortunately, I think that you can only use Google Voice from a phone that is registered as a phone within your Google Voice account. I think this will limit everyone to only 1 account per pre for now.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Whenever I try to go to my voice mail, I get the "spinning blank page of death", and it never gets there. I get the same result on dkGoogleVoice as well. Anyone have any ideas? I'm really stoked about Google Voice and really want this to work!!