Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I no longer have a favorite app on WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    voice.google.com seems to work OK in the webOS browser. Save that page as a launcher item and you should be able to use that until Palm irons out the features that Google's API needs and gDial is updated.
    Thats What I am using the mobile version works fine and saving as a launcher shortcut works fine for me, not as fully featured as Gdial but it works.
    I'm going to really miss it. I've been using it in place of my dialer and it's been a dream. Please alert us if you make a new app.
    Man I hope Palm lets you get early access to the SDK plugin so you can get this up and working. This was such a great app and really replaced the default browser and sms app for me. Thanks for your great work and hope to see a comeback later on
    thank you nathan!!!!!!!!!
    Just reiterating what others have said -- Thanks Nathan. You showed more than enough patience with Google and Palm (and with some of us). Personally, I would have been much more unpleasant to deal with if I had to put up with all that you did.

Also, it seems that the app continues to work in read-only mode to view history and listen to voicemails? I suppose that could break anytime too, but nice to see it's still working.
    Nathan, thanks for your effort on gDial Pro. You did an extraordinary job, and I cannot fault you for trying. I spoke to some Google Maps people yesterday and the more or less blew off my comments about their support of WebOS. I don't really blame them too much because they are going for market share and Android. I can start *****ing about Palm though.

I have been a loyal Palm supporter for years and the Pre is a great little smartphone, but my loyalty is waning when app developers start leaving. Palm is a technology company, not a marketing company. They developed some great technology, but it is going to all go down the toilet if they don't come up with a decent marketing plan. This phone needs to be everywhere and consumers need to see it everywhere. The iPhone isn't anything magnificent but it had the iPod lineage and mega-marketing. Palm needs to build market share fast. With the market share comes app support including Google. I can go on, but I would rather do it in my blog that gets more exposure.

Nathan, again thanks for your hard work and dedication. I hope that you can resurrect this great app.
    My gDial Pro 1.2.5 has been working fine the last couple days. If you didnt upgrade recently 1.2.5 still works. I just made a call with it and listened to a voice mail.
    little off topic here.... when people get my gvoice voicemail there's some chick telling them they're trying to find me, and then they finally go to my voicemail greeting. Is this normal? I can't find a setting for it in gvoice, and it's annoying as all hell. Actually have many annoyed people who have just hung up and let me know about it when I saw them.

on topic, the visual voicemail app still seems to work as of today.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    little off topic here.... when people get my gvoice voicemail there's some chick telling them they're trying to find me, and then they finally go to my voicemail greeting. Is this normal? I can't find a setting for it in gvoice, and it's annoying as all hell. Actually have many annoyed people who have just hung up and let me know about it when I saw them.

on topic, the visual voicemail app still seems to work as of today.
    Yes, this is normal if you have call screening enabled.

Turning off call screening : Calls - Google Voice Help

Similarly, there is the Call Presentation and ListenIn features:

http://www.google.com/support/voice/...&answer=116933

http://www.google.com/support/voice/...&answer=115078
    Off topic. For some reason, my google voice is no longer taking messages or giving the option for people to leave a message. It just says "thank you for your call" and hangs up.
    Gdial was my fav app as well. Also, I was reading Lifehacker about the service linked below GVmax. It looks like it accesses Google Voice through IM and email. It seems clunky and definitely not as elegant as gdial, but at least it's another way to get more use out of google voice.

GVMax Forwards Google Voice Notifications Your Phone - Notifications - Lifehacker

https://www.gvmax.com/
    Any chance on just releasing a voicemail checker? From what I understood the problem was you were no longer able to to dialing, correct? The voicemail stuff still worked fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    Any chance on just releasing a voicemail checker? From what I understood the problem was you were no longer able to to dialing, correct? The voicemail stuff still worked fine?
    I was able to listen to a voicemail received through the app today. I'm keeping the app installed and using it until it doesn't function. There is an app that is essentially a voicemail checker out, but it's definately just that IMO.

I hope this app will be back one day. The developer did great work and I really like the UI.
  15. lco
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It's no longer available for download but, does anybody have the app so I can install. I can still use it with it's limited functions. The google voice online app does not play messages, but with gdial you can still do it.

thanks
    Last edited by lco; 02/22/2010 at 04:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just want to add my belated thanks to the developer for this great app. Yeah, maybe I was a bit impatient when it occasionally stopped working, but now I'm feeling the regret.

Hope the situation changes and you can re-release gDial Pro.
    Hi, I have some users interested in launching gDial through the My DataBank app. We would like to be able to launch your app just as we can with the Phone app. Do you have any Service Request parameters that accept a phone number for direct dialing? Thanks!
    Hey FLPalm... Due to the 1.4 update, I'm going to find it necessary to perform a partial erase / WebOS Dr in the coming hours.... One of my main regrets will be that GDial Pro is the one app that I won't be able to recover to reinstall (I only use it for my history and voicemail transcripts / listening and NOT for making GDial calls).

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is there any way you would consider making the ipk available for others like me to reinstall it after full resets? Doesn't even need to be in the feeds, just available as in ipk download that we can use WebOS QI to intstall to the Pre. Clearly -- there would be no support expectations.

Also, regardless of your decision (or even non-response), I'll totally respect the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey FLPalm... Due to the 1.4 update, I'm going to find it necessary to perform a partial erase / WebOS Dr in the coming hours.... One of my main regrets will be that GDial Pro is the one app that I won't be able to recover to reinstall (I only use it for my history and voicemail transcripts / listening and NOT for making GDial calls).

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is there any way you would consider making the ipk available for others like me to reinstall it after full resets? Doesn't even need to be in the feeds, just available as in ipk download that we can use WebOS QI to intstall to the Pre. Clearly -- there would be no support expectations.

Also, regardless of your decision (or even non-response), I'll totally respect the answer.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    +1
    +1
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb