Page 136 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cemav View Post
    Did anyone ever solve this issue!!!!!!!!! I cannot get web dial or sms to work in either webdial on or off. I need resolution asap - different app???
    Just to make sure, you do realize you need to subscribe via paypal to get webdial and sms working due to a workaround that had put into place to get those to work?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DWEIL View Post
    I already have a PayPal account, so why is the signup process trying to force me to open another PayPal account?

I'll pay $1 a month to have this work reliably, but don't clutter me up with PayPal accounts I don't want or need. I want to pay with my existing PayPal account.

Please make it so.
    I kinda agree with this.. It would be more convenient to utilize my current PayPal account..
    Also, I've tried to subscribe a few times from my device with no luck..

Is there a way I can subscribe from my PC?? Will there be a way to cancel service (without blocking it from within PayPal)?

Thanks!! I'm sooo looking forward to having my sms back and seeing an improved, more reliable (I pray) webdial service..
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhnc View Post
    forgive if this has already been discussed or suggested- the one thing I really wish GV had is the ability to display a personalized callerid. I wonder if GDial Pro could somehow add this functionality, now that a middle-man server is required? Now THAT would be worth $omething to me.
    That's a thought! Additionally, since it is going through a server, the ability to record calls might be possible. I am anticipating the ability soon for the calls to be recorded on the device, but these features might be possible now with gdial.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    That's a thought! Additionally, since it is going through a server, the ability to record calls might be possible. I am anticipating the ability soon for the calls to be recorded on the device, but these features might be possible now with gdial.
    Ahh yes,, recording on the device.. Now that's certainly on my WebOS wish list.. Adding that functionality to GD Pro would just be tooooo sweet!
    First, I'd like to say that I have no problem paying $1 a month for the webdial and text messaging functionality. I appreciate that the developer has tried to keep it free, but also understand that it's simply not realistic at this point if functionality is to remain reliable. Anyway, I'd be happy to pay for a "pro" version regardless of the recent need for additional server costs.

One last feature I'd love to have, however, is for my "missed call" notifications to link to the gvoice dialer. I already have the address-book patch installed, and was wondering if it might be possible to add similar patch functionality for the missed call notifications. It's sound silly, but it would really be nice to just be able to see the missed call and click on it, rather than swiping it away, entering gdial, and looking up the contact.

Obviously, I have no idea about how the programming works, or what webos will allow. I"m guessing the feature is not there because it's not possible, and that this has already been addressed at some point in the thread and I just didn't see it. However, I thought I'd at least ask if its possible.

Flpalm, it sounds like you've got a lot to work on right now, but if at some later point that feature is possible, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I ordered the 1$/month paypal thing with my e-mail address that is the same as my google voice account and while my phone will ALLOW me to TRY to make wed-dials and send SMS messages, they both fail. I paid for the service, I have 1.3.1 and it is not working. I know its just $1, but I paid and it is extremely important to my business that I have all the features, especially SMS, available to me through Gdial pro. Please just figure this out, or if someone else is having the same problem, speak up up so the creator does something about it. Or if I missed doing something (I deleted and reinstalled the app in an attempt to make it work and there was no change). What do I need to do to make it work?????
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreuser1985 View Post
    I ordered the 1$/month paypal thing with my e-mail address that is the same as my google voice account and while my phone will ALLOW me to TRY to make wed-dials and send SMS messages, they both fail. I paid for the service, I have 1.3.1 and it is not working. I know its just $1, but I paid and it is extremely important to my business that I have all the features, especially SMS, available to me through Gdial pro. Please just figure this out, or if someone else is having the same problem, speak up up so the creator does something about it. Or if I missed doing something (I deleted and reinstalled the app in an attempt to make it work and there was no change). What do I need to do to make it work?????
    +1

I'm sure you're aware of the issues with rolling out version 1.3.1. I haven't seen any posts besides the one I quoted with my issue, so I'm going to post what I'm experiencing.

I have gDial pro version 1.3.1 which I installed through PreWare. I successfully added a PayPal subscription and paid my first fee of a dollar using an account that is tied to my Google Voice account. At this point, gDial would let me attempt to web dial or sms. SMS was successful, but a web dial phone call was not. Gdial would return a message saying that it was calling, but there were no error messages, nor any other response. The native phone app never opened.

I then uninstalled gDial and the universal search patch, restarted and reinstalled both gdial and the patch. My symptoms remain.

Thanks for all of your hard work. I know some people will be angry now that they've paid a fee for your service, but I'm more than happy to offer a reasonable amount of grace period until everything settles down.

Good Luck ,

-Greg
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cemav View Post
    Did anyone ever solve this issue!!!!!!!!! I cannot get web dial or sms to work in either webdial on or off. I need resolution asap - different app???
    Have you read the thread at all?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    I kinda agree with this.. It would be more convenient to utilize my current PayPal account..

Is there a way I can subscribe from my PC?? Will there be a way to cancel service (without blocking it from within PayPal)?

Thanks!! I'm sooo looking forward to having my sms back and seeing an improved, more reliable (I pray) webdial service..
    I subscribed from my device and used my current paypal account without out any problems...
    Once I entered my gv email address , i was taken to a page that had two choices for signup. One for paypal and one for credit card.. I just selected paypal and entered my current paypal email address and password..
    I along with all other Gdial Pro users, received an email, advising that you now have to accept an agreement to be charged a $1.00 per month fee for using Gdial Pro. You know what they say "Necessity is the mother of all invention". When I got the email, I was like ***! I immediately visited the Google voice home page directly from my Palm Pre Plus and BAM!, there it was, Google Voice already has a web interface that gives me all the same exact functions that Gdial Pro does - and most of all, it's absolutely FREE!

So, now that Gdial has decided to charge a monthly fee, I truly believe we'll see the Gdial app disappear from the catalog soon. A simple 1 - time charge might not have been so bad, but a re-curring monthly charge? OMG, you've got to be kidding me.

To use the google voice program directly from their website, simply go to the following link and you're there, ready to make calls, txt message, etc... www.google.com/voice

I called my home number and what do you know, my Google voice number shows on the caller ID
    Last edited by thecraftsman; 02/15/2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: More Typo's
    Quote Originally Posted by thecraftsman View Post
    To use the google voice program directly from their website, simply go to the following link and you're there, ready to make calls, txt message, etc... www.google.com/voice
    Wow...pretty cool. I doubt that GDial Pro is going to disappear but it's nice to see an alternative method. I created a shortcut on the launcher page for the link so it's very similar to having an app.

I also think the developer of GDial Pro has done a great job and deserves some type of compensation for all the hard work he's put it, so I'd like to see GDial Pro stick around.
    Last edited by Trekker; 02/16/2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Made correction
  12.    #2712  
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post

You can use your current paypal account. On the first page where it prompts you for your Google Voice email address, you enter your GV email. Then on the next page it will ask for your Paypal account at the paypal site which can be any account.

By the way, we are going to be cleaning the whole process up shortly as it was a rush to get gDial working again. We will make it a lot easier in the next few versions to subscribe.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #2713  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancillas View Post
    +1

I'm sure you're aware of the issues with rolling out version 1.3.1. I haven't seen any posts besides the one I quoted with my issue, so I'm going to post what I'm experiencing.

I have gDial pro version 1.3.1 which I installed through PreWare. I successfully added a PayPal subscription and paid my first fee of a dollar using an account that is tied to my Google Voice account. At this point, gDial would let me attempt to web dial or sms. SMS was successful, but a web dial phone call was not. Gdial would return a message saying that it was calling, but there were no error messages, nor any other response. The native phone app never opened.

I then uninstalled gDial and the universal search patch, restarted and reinstalled both gdial and the patch. My symptoms remain.

Thanks for all of your hard work. I know some people will be angry now that they've paid a fee for your service, but I'm more than happy to offer a reasonable amount of grace period until everything settles down.

Good Luck ,

-Greg
    Greg, email me nathan@gdialpro.com as I have a hot fix for this issue. Thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14.    #2714  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreuser1985 View Post
    Email me nathan@gdialpro.com as I have a hotfix for this issue.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15.    #2715  
    Actually I just pushed the hotfix out to homebrew for anyone subscribing who is not able to SMS or webdial.

v1.3.2
    -Fixed issue some people with patches were having when using the app
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I have been using gDial for a while and always liked it but since some of the recent problems, I have been trying Googles own Voice website.

I am not a big techie type but what can gDial do that I can't do thru the Google Voice website? Besides the different interface and web being a little slower it looks like I can do everything I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I have been using gDial for a while and always liked it but since some of the recent problems, I have been trying Googles own Voice website.

I am not a big techie type but what can gDial do that I can't do thru the Google Voice website? Besides the different interface and web being a little slower it looks like I can do everything I need.
    If you're using the homebrew version, the biggest difference is that you can only access your Google contacts with the web app. I'd also imagine that keeping gDial open drains the battery less than having the browser card open.
    First off I do not think $1/month is out of line for this application. I understand the technology principles behind it. However I will not be subscribing. Do I have $1/month, of course i do. What I don't have is trust in the developers of the app. I do not know them. They are random people on the Internet that I am now just supposed to use as a gateway for my text messages and phone calls? This raises huge privacy concerns for me that I cannot overlook.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by needo View Post
    First off I do not think $1/month is out of line for this application. I understand the technology principles behind it. However I will not be subscribing. Do I have $1/month, of course i do. What I don't have is trust in the developers of the app. I do not know them. They are random people on the Internet that I am now just supposed to use as a gateway for my text messages and phone calls? This raises huge privacy concerns for me that I cannot overlook.
    If you were using gDial before this version, you were already giving away the password to all of your Google applications, including Google Voice.

You're wrong about gDial being a gateway. You're still getting a dynamically generated phone number through Google when you send a text or place a call. When you're making a call, your phone dials this dynamic number directly, so gDial isn't a gateway in that instance. When you send a text, the first text is sent through the internet, so it could be saved on the gDial server, but as long as you are forwarding SMS messages to your cell phone, all future texts in the same conversation would occur in the native WebOS messaging app free of gDial.

I agree with your concern over privacy and your zeal in protecting it, but in this case you are off base. If the gDial devs are untrustworthy, which you are hypothetically assuming, then your security is already compromised. You should be more concerned about giving away your account password then you are with a web interface to communicate with the Google Voice API.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I now have two versions of gDial Pro...an old one and the new one with the paypal account. Should I just delete the "old" gDialPro? Will I lose anything?

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry