Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #2681  
    I don't have pick 3 on my line, sprint removed it when they changed me to my everything plan and told me (even though I know its BS) that they can't re-add it. They gave me Sprint 2 Home (which is one number), I've never pressed the issue as I don't like dealing with them anyhow.
  2. #2682  
    I just want to say something that is probably on everyone's minds:

    Paying money should be an option to remove the banner ads, not to enable basic app functionality.

    The banner ads should bring in enough revenue for web dial to work in the ad-supported version. Without web dial this software is not worth it.

    I will pay to remove the ads, but keeping the ads IN the "free" version and not allowing the default method of calling to work is just ridiculous.

    I think having a subscription is a great idea for removing ads and enabled a few advanced features, but please don't disable web dial in the free version since it would cripple the app and cause a lot of people to have a bad Google Voice experience.

    Thanks.
  3. #2683  
    Ironic when I got switched to the everything plan they gave me five free numbers because they made me switch from my old free unlimited incoming plan.
  4.    #2684  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I just want to say something that is probably on everyone's minds:

    Paying money should be an option to remove the banner ads, not to enable basic app functionality.

    The banner ads should bring in enough revenue for web dial to work in the ad-supported version. Without web dial this software is not worth it.

    I will pay to remove the ads, but keeping the ads IN the "free" version and not allowing the default method of calling to work is just ridiculous.

    I think having a subscription is a great idea for removing ads and enabled a few advanced features, but please don't disable web dial in the free version since it would cripple the app and cause a lot of people to have a bad Google Voice experience.

    Thanks.
    I am not disabling the free version. Google made a change that is technically not possible to work around with the webOS API's. I have spent numerous hours working with both Palm engineers and contacting Google Voice. All agree it is not possible. The app cannot operate without the server at this point.

    Web dialing and SMS are the only things that won't work in the free version and there is not way around it right now. If Google puts together an API for Google Voice, the app can be fixed to use that API and those pieces re-enabled.

    Hopefully that makes sense to everyone, but it was not us disabling the free app, it was a change at Google that can not be worked around.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5. #2685  
    @nathan I notice the rapid release version is 1.31 while homebrew on precentral is 1.30 and preware has 1.25. My question is will 1.3.1 make it to homebrew?
  6. #2686  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v1.3.0
    -Major change to fix up gDial after changes at Google Voice. Please read everything below:
    Note this version and going forward will be taking a new tactic in order to provide as much stability as possible for changing Google API's all the time. Starting in 1.3.0, we will be moving more of the interface to a server side solution. So, gDial will communicate with our server (At Google's Appengine, so you can be assured of uptime) and that server will interact with Google Voice on your behalf. We are doing this so that future changes in the Google interface can be fixed on the server side and not require a new rollout of a new client and all of the time that takes. We can fix it on the server and immediately make that available to our users for better reliability.

    Great, so what does this mean for privacy? In version 1.3.0 the only interaction with our server is in 2 places. We check your email address against a list of users on our server who are part of a beta program. The second is that we pass a token from gDial to our server which exchanges this token at Google for a Google Voice token that we pass back to gDial. gDial then deals directly with Google for all other operations. Your password is never transmitted to our servers

    I wanted to be transparent about that so that everyone knows what is going on. Also, 1.3.0 is only going out to homebrew to validate that in bulk, there is no issue at Google with what we are doing. The hosting is at Google's appengine so there has been no noticable speed difference in testing.

    Because this takes server resources on an ongoing basis, we will have to charge for this ability in future releases. So it is free in 1.3.0 for testing, but as of 1.3.1, expect that there will be a monthly fee required to use the following features: web dial and SMS. Manual dialing as well as viewing history will not require this subscription. We are going to try to make this work at $1/month billed by Paypal as we figured that would cover server costs and be inexpensive enough for almost anyone wanting that Google Voice functionality. You will get some extra features with this subscription as well that are almost done beta testing if Google would
    stop changing things on us
    I have been using gDialPro 1.28. I do not use web-dial or SMS using gDial. It works just fine for me. Do I still have to upgrade to 3.0 or 3.1 and pay monthly fee? Just wondering!
  7. Ancillas's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #2687  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I just want to say something that is probably on everyone's minds:

    Paying money should be an option to remove the banner ads, not to enable basic app functionality.

    The banner ads should bring in enough revenue for web dial to work in the ad-supported version. Without web dial this software is not worth it.

    I will pay to remove the ads, but keeping the ads IN the "free" version and not allowing the default method of calling to work is just ridiculous.

    I think having a subscription is a great idea for removing ads and enabled a few advanced features, but please don't disable web dial in the free version since it would cripple the app and cause a lot of people to have a bad Google Voice experience.

    Thanks.
    The point of creating a monthly fee is that free functionality can no longer be supported with the current design. Since the processing needs to move server side, why should the developer have to pay the way for the rest of us? You made your claims with no empirical data as to how expensive it is to run the server and how much revenue ads bring in for gDial Pro. If you want a free product, use the mobile Google Voice website or write your own app and keep up with the changes to Google Voice while it's in beta. If you can't afford to pay the monthly fee of a dollar, wait until Google moves Voice out of beta and creates an official API for developers. As for me, I'll be paying my dollar until I find something better.
  8. mikez's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #2688  
    I updated to v1.3.1 and subscribed to the $1 monthly service but when I try to dial I get an instant web dial failed error
  9.    #2689  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    I have been using gDialPro 1.28. I do not use web-dial or SMS using gDial. It works just fine for me. Do I still have to upgrade to 3.0 or 3.1 and pay monthly fee? Just wondering!
    Nope, you can still upgrade, but there is no need to pay unless you use webdial or SMS. The rest works as it always has.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10.    #2690  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    I updated to v1.3.1 and subscribed to the $1 monthly service but when I try to dial I get an instant web dial failed error
    Restart the app as it has to recheck the license server. So restart and give it 30 seconds or so to update and then you should be good to go. If you have trouble after that drop me an email, nathan@gdialpro.com and I will take care of you.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #2691  
    I will smooth out the process in upcoming versions so that you don't have to restart the app.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12. #2692  
    I am trying to use the "mobile site" dialer from within the gdial pro app (i.e. the interface with google.com/voice and when I try to make a call from there, it says "preparing your call" and then "please press call below to activate your call"... but then the popup disappears and nothing happens.

    I tried to do this from the google.com/voice site in the brower and when that happens, it launches the Phone App with a phone number already listed, and all I have to do is press the green "call" button. Can you see if there is a way to have the Phone app launch via your app if I am using the mobile site interface to make a call and not your dialer?

    thanks!
  13.    #2693  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I am trying to use the "mobile site" dialer from within the gdial pro app (i.e. the interface with google.com/voice and when I try to make a call from there, it says "preparing your call" and then "please press call below to activate your call"... but then the popup disappears and nothing happens.

    I tried to do this from the google.com/voice site in the brower and when that happens, it launches the Phone App with a phone number already listed, and all I have to do is press the green "call" button. Can you see if there is a way to have the Phone app launch via your app if I am using the mobile site interface to make a call and not your dialer?

    thanks!
    This is actually another limitation on the webOS API's. The browser that gets included into the page is not able to perform the same actions that the native browser can

    I might in a future version, modify this functionality to open the google mobile site in a separate browser window to work around this problem.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14. #2694  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    This is actually another limitation on the webOS API's. The browser that gets included into the page is not able to perform the same actions that the native browser can

    I might in a future version, modify this functionality to open the google mobile site in a separate browser window to work around this problem.
    That being the case, is there any way to have the "mobile interface" tab within the app open to the Inbox instead of the dialpad section of google.com/voice since the dialpad is essentially useless form within the app?
  15. #2695  
    You can click on the older version at the bottom and it takes you back to the old interface.

    Using the older version lets you place a call using the website.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/13/2010 at 11:31 AM.
  16. DWEIL's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #2696  
    I already have a PayPal account, so why is the signup process trying to force me to open another PayPal account?

    I'll pay $1 a month to have this work reliably, but don't clutter me up with PayPal accounts I don't want or need. I want to pay with my existing PayPal account.

    Please make it so.
  17. rodhnc's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #2697  
    forgive if this has already been discussed or suggested- the one thing I really wish GV had is the ability to display a personalized callerid. I wonder if GDial Pro could somehow add this functionality, now that a middle-man server is required? Now THAT would be worth $omething to me.
    Last edited by rodhnc; 02/14/2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: left something out
  18. #2698  
    Do I need to worry about Gdial Pro disclosing my password to the server? I need to keep that password completely secure.
  19. #2699  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Do I need to worry about Gdial Pro disclosing my password to the server? I need to keep that password completely secure.
    OK I just read posts from a few pages back and see you already answered my question. My password is not passed to your server. Thank you.
  20. #2700  
    Did anyone ever solve this issue!!!!!!!!! I cannot get web dial or sms to work in either webdial on or off. I need resolution asap - different app???

Posting Permissions