Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    flpalm, I don't like using their web interface. I find it slow and clunky too, but when it is all that you have. In search, their simplicity is good, but I don't like their Voice interface. I guess I will have to use it until you figure out how to fix up gDial Pro. I know that you have been in a race with them to fix the problem whenever they change something. It would be nice if they would publish an extensible API.

If Google isn't careful they will end up like Apple.
  2.    #2642  
    Yep, and the weird part of the whole thing is that they have an API for almost every product that they have, just not Google Voice. There must be a secret API though somewhere as I also have an Android device and it is able to continue to operate through all of these changes to the mobile site, etc.

So their app on Android must use some sort of API like they have for other products but it is unpublished and my requests to the Google Voice team to provide me access to that API have gone unanswered.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Is the Android app really a web app like Maps?

Could you sniff the packets from the Android phone to see if there is a secret API that they are using because it does seem strange that their apps keep working through the changes without pushing an update.
  4.    #2644  
    It definitely isn't a web app. It is a regular full fledged app like gDial. I thought about sniffing, but all google voice communication is over SSL, so there is nothing I would be able to see
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Ahh...so it's not just me who cant do anything with GDialPro. That makes me feel a little better.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    are we getting any update soon?
  7.    #2647  
    The update as of right now is that there is no update. I had contact with a Palm engineer last night in regards to the problem and I sent over explanation as to what is going on and what technically it seems like would need done to fix it, but that is the last I have heard.

All I can say is that the issue lies outside of anything that can be coded around at this point. Either Google or Palm will need to make changes in order for me to fix the problem. The only other possibility is if I am just missing something that is possible in the API's that I didn't know about, but I am thinking that is a smaller possibility the more I look into it.

In the meantime, it will allow for you to view history and dial with webdial off, but SMS and webdial are basically broken for now.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I guess your decision not to charge for this makes a lot of sense now. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.
  10.    #2650  
    I am currently working on this unofficially and will let you guys know if a solution can be worked out and what the timeline will be on it.

There are many solutions that could be provided from either Palm or Google, but the timing and possibility of each of them is unknown right now.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Thanks for tredging on faithfully, in wait can often be a thankless community (open sourcers)
    I submitted Feedback to Google Voice via their link on the Google Voice web page. This is the best method I know of for our voices to be heard by them. It makes no sense to me that they would change something so significant that it breaks 2 items in a 3rd party app when they don't even have their own app for WebOS.
    I just sent the Google Voice team a message through the suggestions form. We should all do that so they know that we are out there. I suggested that they publish an open API so any user could develop applications and that they work with flpalm to fix gDial Pro.

Google claims how "open" they are. If so, they why don't they have a standard API? I know that this feature is allot of work and that there is the GrandCentral legacy, but Google can't do everything. The web app is okay, but not as easy to use as gDial Pro. Is this a covert way to promote Android? Google's goal is to drive people to use Google. Cutting off a significant portion users from using their products is not in line with this goal.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I just sent the Google Voice team a message through the suggestions form. We should all do that so they know that we are out there. I suggested that they publish an open API so any user could develop applications and that they work with flpalm to fix gDial Pro.

Google claims how "open" they are. If so, they why don't they have a standard API? I know that this feature is allot of work and that there is the GrandCentral legacy, but Google can't do everything. The web app is okay, but not as easy to use as gDial Pro. Is this a covert way to promote Android? Google's goal is to drive people to use Google. Cutting off a significant portion users from using their products is not in line with this goal.
    I'm sure they will formalize the API once the product is closer to a final release.

Thanks for all of the hard work on this app. I'm sure it's frustrating to continue playing this cat and mouse game, but we all appreciate your effort.
    I am also getting the token error . It will dial the number i want to dial plus it will have my forwarded number next to it as well with webdial failed. then it will pop back up and say dialing but never dials.. i cant send text messages if i start the text but if someone texts me i can reply back and forth. also i can recieve calls.. this started yesterday morning
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSTRONG722 View Post
    I am also getting the token error . It will dial the number i want to dial plus it will have my forwarded number next to it as well with webdial failed. then it will pop back up and say dialing but never dials.. i cant send text messages if i start the text but if someone texts me i can reply back and forth. also i can recieve calls.. this started yesterday morning
    Everyone,

The developer has already said that he knows what the problem is, but it is not fixable at this time without an update from either Google or Palm. I don't think it's necessary to continue reporting symptoms when a root cause has been identified.
    +1
    I could use some help. The app stopped working for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything seemed to work, but I cannot web dial and I ge SMS Failed to SEND. I've checked all settings.
    I want to clarify so I dont have to read through hundreds of messages, on GdialPro it seems that when I dial out it wont let me says web dial failed is this with everyone? any fix or work around?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Guys its a wide spread problem, there currently isnt a fix because its not a problem with the app, its more of a Palm and Google issue. You will have to wait and see what happens. The Developer knows about this as Ancillas stated a few post before.