Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Something has to be up with the service or something. I will try tomorrow morning again to see if it works or not.
  2.    #2622  
    Yeah since everyone is reporting the error on all of the different versions, Google must have changed something. I will investigate this morning to see how to work around.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yeah since everyone is reporting the error on all of the different versions, Google must have changed something. I will investigate this morning to see how to work around.
    I'm thinking that maybe Google was just having a glitch. Mine is working fine this morning.
  4.    #2624  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe Google was just having a glitch. Mine is working fine this morning.
    Okay, something bizarre is happening. hparsons, can you confirm that you are able to send SMS and make calls?

For my account, it looks like they again made a major change to their mobile site to exclude 3rd party apps from using their API's for SMS and calls.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #2625  
    I actually need anyone using the app to chime in on whether they can send SMS or make calls using the app currently.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Okay, something bizarre is happening. hparsons, can you confirm that you are able to send SMS and make calls?

For my account, it looks like they again made a major change to their mobile site to exclude 3rd party apps from using their API's for SMS and calls.
    I'm sorry, I goofed. I thought it was just checking messages. I am getting the invalid token message when I try to place a call.

I had checked the wrong thing. Cleared my history and updated, and everything looked fine.

Sorry.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Not able to make calls. Getting "Web dial failed..." messages.

I love this app when it works, and I know it's bad form to complain when something is free, but it has been highly unreliable for the last month.

Is there a better alternative?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I was able to place a call via VM.

Don't use txt messaging via gdial, so have no one to really send one to at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DWEIL View Post
    Not able to make calls. Getting "Web dial failed..." messages.

I love this app when it works, and I know it's bad form to complain when something is free, but it has been highly unreliable for the last month.

Is there a better alternative?
    I suspect that as long as Google keeps changing things up, all of the 3rd party apps are going to be having problems.
    I just tried to send a text and it failed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I suspect that as long as Google keeps changing things up, all of the 3rd party apps are going to be having problems.
    So, who do I complain to at Google? It seems to me that if Google isn't going to write a native Palm app, they ought to do a better job of not undermining those who are supporting their eco-system.

Furthermore, this is not a good advertisement for other Google products, such as its browser and would-be OS if Google can't manage to stay out of its own way.
    I just want to also confirm I am getting the invalid token message when trying to send a SMS.
    I just used it to made a call to the UK and it went through just fine. I did not try the web dial or SMS yet. I was using version 1.2.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by DWEIL View Post
    So, who do I complain to at Google? It seems to me that if Google isn't going to write a native Palm app, they ought to do a better job of not undermining those who are supporting their eco-system.

Furthermore, this is not a good advertisement for other Google products, such as its browser and would-be OS if Google can't manage to stay out of its own way.
    Not sure exactly who you should start with, but I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you...
    I am running 1.2.9 and now my inbox,sms, voicemail and all section will show nothing. My phone number is correct.

I also am getting the "token" error and can't dial.
    Last edited by rkkeller; 02/09/2010 at 10:47 AM.
  16.    #2636  
    Just to update everyone that I know what the specific issue is and I have contacted appropriate people at both Palm and Google in order to get it resolved as it seems to be outside the scope of my code. Everyone hold tight for now and I will provide more info as soon as I have it.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Would this explain why I cannot make any calls though the mobile website from within gDial but it works fine from the actual browser?
  18.    #2638  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Would this explain why I cannot make any calls though the mobile website from within gDial but it works fine from the actual browser?
    Very possible
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Of course when I decide to use the app, something is broken. I had been using Google Voice all morning from my desktop. I decided to take a break and make some calls on the road, but Google had to go and change things again. I cannot make outgoing calls and send SMS messages from gDial Pro. I was able to make a call with the app dialing the through the phone though. It looks like it is back to using their web app until this gets straightened out. Just when things were working good.
  20.    #2640  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Of course when I decide to use the app, something is broken. I had been using Google Voice all morning from my desktop. I decided to take a break and make some calls on the road, but Google had to go and change things again. I cannot make outgoing calls and send SMS messages from gDial Pro. I was able to make a call with the app dialing the through the phone though. It looks like it is back to using their web app until this gets straightened out. Just when things were working good.
    It wears on me as well. The problem isn't that Google is actively trying to prevent 3rd party apps, it is that they don't have a formal API that everyone can code against and that will be stable for long periods of time.

At the moment, they are doing their own thing and then us 3rd party developers are almost non-present in their thoughts as to how those changes will impact us.

Also, do you even find their web interface usable? I tested it on day 1 on my Sprint Pre and it is so slow to dial numbers, or do almost anything.
    Become a fan on Facebook