Page 131 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #2601  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Here is what I would recommend:

    1) Uninstall gDial Pro
    2) Restart your phone
    3) Reinstall gDial Pro
    4) When it loads put your Google Voice email address/pass in the top 2 boxes
    5) Click the show advanced preferences
    6) Scroll all the way to the bottom and add in the email/pass of the Google account with all of your contacts in it.
    7) Leave preferences and wait for it pull down all of the contacts and Google Voice history

    That should be it, it should a that point show names instead of numbers for any number that goes with a contact in your contacts account.
    That did the trick. The secret was to delete, RESTART PRE, and THEN reinstall. Previous delete reinstalls were not working because I did NOT restart the Pre in the middle. Thanks!
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 02/04/2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    ETUTREO300
  2. #2602  
    gDial use to have the google servers call the phone before initiating the call to the other person. Did we lose this as part of the functionality? I would love for it to be restored like that.

    Now, no matter which option is set in webdial, they both make the call from the phone out as opposed to the server calling the phone.

    Thanks,

    Chris
  3.    #2603  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsage View Post
    gDial use to have the google servers call the phone before initiating the call to the other person. Did we lose this as part of the functionality? I would love for it to be restored like that.

    Now, no matter which option is set in webdial, they both make the call from the phone out as opposed to the server calling the phone.

    Thanks,

    Chris
    Google removed this functionality from their mobile website. And unfortunately, with webOS/Google Voice, I am stuck with the API's that they make available to mobile phones.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. #2604  
    Heya! I'm having a slight issue with gDial.

    It works fine at first, but shortly after I add or re-type my user name, it adds "@gmail.com" onto the user name and keeps getting a wrong username/pass error. If I remove the "@gmail.com" text from the user name and re-load, it works fine and is able to load the gVoice data. This lasts for a very brief period of time before it apparently re-adds the "@gmail.com" back onto the end of the user name, and gets the same error until I change the user name. Again.

    Can this be remedied? I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same issue. I apologize for not reading through all 131 pages of posts in this topic. e_e;
  5.    #2605  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Heya! I'm having a slight issue with gDial.

    It works fine at first, but shortly after I add or re-type my user name, it adds "@gmail.com" onto the user name and keeps getting a wrong username/pass error. If I remove the "@gmail.com" text from the user name and re-load, it works fine and is able to load the gVoice data. This lasts for a very brief period of time before it apparently re-adds the "@gmail.com" back onto the end of the user name, and gets the same error until I change the user name. Again.

    Can this be remedied? I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same issue. I apologize for not reading through all 131 pages of posts in this topic. e_e;
    It adds the @gmail.com as soon as you leave the field as the login for contacts requires the full email address. Is your email address associated with the account an @gmail.com account? Or something else?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. #2606  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Heya! I'm having a slight issue with gDial.

    It works fine at first, but shortly after I add or re-type my user name, it adds "@gmail.com" onto the user name and keeps getting a wrong username/pass error. If I remove the "@gmail.com" text from the user name and re-load, it works fine and is able to load the gVoice data. This lasts for a very brief period of time before it apparently re-adds the "@gmail.com" back onto the end of the user name, and gets the same error until I change the user name. Again.

    Can this be remedied? I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same issue. I apologize for not reading through all 131 pages of posts in this topic. e_e;
    I suspect I had the same problem. I recently uninstalled gDial Pro because I got tired of the notifications that my username/password were incorrect, even though I could always manually reset/refresh history with the same userid/password combination that was giving the notifications.

    My email address is @gmail.com and has the same userid as my Voice account.

    I liked gDial and would love to reinstall if this issue went away, but I was getting many bogus notifications a day, and don't get a lot of voicemail so it just wasn't worth the hassle.
  7.    #2607  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I suspect I had the same problem. I recently uninstalled gDial Pro because I got tired of the notifications that my username/password were incorrect, even though I could always manually reset/refresh history with the same userid/password combination that was giving the notifications.

    My email address is @gmail.com and has the same userid as my Voice account.

    I liked gDial and would love to reinstall if this issue went away, but I was getting many bogus notifications a day, and don't get a lot of voicemail so it just wasn't worth the hassle.
    What I had been looking into with some other people was that the user/pass notifications were coming during times of poor network connection. Do you think it is possible that this is the problem you were seeing?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8. #2608  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    What I had been looking into with some other people was that the user/pass notifications were coming during times of poor network connection. Do you think it is possible that this is the problem you were seeing?
    Yes, this is entirely possible. I live in an area with marginal coverage, and work in a building with a lot of metal that degrades signal even more.
  9.    #2609  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Yes, this is entirely possible. I live in an area with marginal coverage, and work in a building with a lot of metal that degrades signal even more.
    Okay, I am working on an update to resolve this. Resolve meaning it won't notify of invalid login except when you actually get an invalid login. Otherwise it may fail to update with a poor signal, but it will fail silently and try again at the next update interval.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10. #2610  
    gdail is great. i was using visual voicemail before , but gdail has more features and is way better for voicemail.
  11. #2611  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Okay, I am working on an update to resolve this. Resolve meaning it won't notify of invalid login except when you actually get an invalid login. Otherwise it may fail to update with a poor signal, but it will fail silently and try again at the next update interval.
    Perfect! One can't expect updates when out of a coverage area, but the constant and confusing notification shouldn't be coming up, either.

    Oops, I meant to say "WHAT???? YOU CAN'T GET MY MESSAGES FOR ME WHEN I'M IN AN AREA WITH NO COVERAGE???".
  12.    #2612  
    v1.2.9
    -A lot of changes to the underlying code to interface with Google Contacts and Voice
    -Stopped app from notifying of failed login when in low signal area. (Update still fails, but app will fail silently and retry at next update time)
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13. #2613  
    I just got a google voice account this last week. Soon after I installed every app out of preware to use with it, this is the BEST app period, deleted the other ones. This app blows every other "Google Voice" type app out of the water. Thank you so much.
  14.    #2614  
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    gdail is great. i was using visual voicemail before , but gdail has more features and is way better for voicemail.
    Visual Voicemail is just a stripped down version of gDial that we put out for people only looking to get Visual Voicemail, since it isn't available on the Sprint webOS devices direct from Sprint.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15. #2615  
    Ah yeah, the issue dwhitman is quite possible. I go to school at a campus that has kinda spotty coverage, especially in the classrooms, and that's where I notice it most. But I've also gotten the error at my home where EVDO coverage and WiFi reaches just about every corner of the house without fail. And yeah, mine is a gmail account. I appreciate the update, and will check it out when I get back to my microUSB cable. =P

    When I first got gDial I thought it'd be great if it were able to access audio and transcriptions of recorded calls as well. Has this functionality been considered at all? I know a lot of people probably don't bother to record calls, thus it may not be so practical, but it is a service offered by gVoice and looks extremely similar to voicemail transcriptions+recordings.
  16.    #2616  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Ah yeah, the issue dwhitman is quite possible. I go to school at a campus that has kinda spotty coverage, especially in the classrooms, and that's where I notice it most. But I've also gotten the error at my home where EVDO coverage and WiFi reaches just about every corner of the house without fail. And yeah, mine is a gmail account. I appreciate the update, and will check it out when I get back to my microUSB cable. =P

    When I first got gDial I thought it'd be great if it were able to access audio and transcriptions of recorded calls as well. Has this functionality been considered at all? I know a lot of people probably don't bother to record calls, thus it may not be so practical, but it is a service offered by gVoice and looks extremely similar to voicemail transcriptions+recordings.
    I'll have to relook at recordings. Last time I looked they didn't make that possible, but that was a while ago. Also, just so everyone knows. A lot of the limitations I run into with what is possible are due to a combination of restricted mobile API from Google and then Palm's webOS API not allowing low enough level API's to override the browser to masquerade as a desktop browser.

    If either one of those 2 things was fixed we could do basically everything that you have access to from the desktop browser version of Google Voice.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17. #2617  
    Gdial is failing again....it was working just fine yesterday and now it is giving me Unable to Send SMS and WebDial Failed error messages. I restarted my phone, but still doesnt work....

    Im on 1.2.5
  18. #2618  
    I am getting a token error with the latest update
  19. iLOVEhead's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #2619  
    I am getting the username/password invaild error, Was working fine a few hours ago.
    It says error getting token from Google....
    Last edited by gordata; 02/08/2010 at 09:12 PM.
  20. #2620  
    I'm getting token error too

Posting Permissions