Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boppy3125 View Post
    Let me just ask this. The only reason I am trying to get this working is to test a possible workaround for a problem my wife has.

Her biggest complaint with the Pre is that she expects to be able to start typing digits and is used to other phones that start displaying a list of phone numbers (based on either contacts or history of received and dialed numbers). So she has to either dial the entire 10 digits or find the contact.

I was thinking maybe using the google voice number as the primary dialing and receiving intermediary would allow working around Palms dialing deficiencies. So, does gDial Pro have the ability to dial partial numbers and see a list of numbers that match from history?
    No.
    Do you have the advance dialpad enabled? I had the same problem until I disabled the advance dialpad in perferences.
  3.    #2583  
    Quote Originally Posted by glovematt View Post
    I am getting the token error deal and it won't dial
    That is the tougher error Essentially what is happening is that Google logs you in, and then when gDial goes to the mobile site to get the "token" it needs to allow for dialling, SMS, etc, Google is not accepting the login that previously happened.

It seems to only impact a small group of people and I have no idea what the problem is. So let me ask a few random questions in hopes that at least something will strike a chord and then I might be able to debug. Right now I cannot reproduce it so I can't even begin to fix.

1) Do you use a different google account for contacts and google voice?
    2) Do you have multiple google accounts entered in any other program including Palm programs? (For instance 2 gmail accounts entered in the mail app, or a google for domain account and gmail account entered in the calendar app, etc)
    3) Is the google voice account you are using the same as the gmail account you have setup in mail?
    4) Are you using any other 3rd party apps that required your Google information? Newsreader, special calendar, anything of the sort
    5) Is there anything outside of the ordinary that you can think of in regards to the Google account you are using to login to Google Voice or any Goole account you have entered on your device?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4.    #2584  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    No number is showing only a bunch of - - - - - - - - - --.

I have tried both ways. I enter the number and press the "W" in the circle to dial or enter the number and press the "phone" icon to dial.
    Make sure in the preferences that you have the Google phone number entered properly and you cell phone number entered properly.

gDial used to auto-set the Google phone number, but that got changed in the new Google mobile update.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  5.    #2585  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boppy3125 View Post
    Never mind about the problems installing. I installed using WebOS Quick Install and it worked. Well, sort of.

I am trying to call this other cell phone just to test. It keeps calling out to my gvoice number then records some beeps and such. Then I get notified that I received a voice mail. I never get a ring on the other phone though.
    Turn on webdial in the gDial Preferences to see if that works for you.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    So the main reason i use google voice is for voicemail. Although the transcriptions are not perfect they give me the general idea via SMS what it is about. Beofre the google web changes, I was able to go to m.google.com/voice and select a message and hit play. This method did not require gdial to listen to my messages without calling my google voice number as a last resort (since it cost minutes). After the google web change, m.google.com/voice can no longer play/stream voicemails to my pre. So I decided to use gdial for this feature. It woks fine, but I really did not want another app to do this.....

I then noticed the the emails that I get when ever I have a voice mail have a link to play the voicemails I just tired it and it works like a charm. It pops up with the option to stream/download. Personally this is faster than opening gdial pro and serves my purposes. It would be nice if they fixed the website though. I believe the iphone has the play button on the website but the pre does not (thats strange).

Just my two cents in case anyone else was just using google voice for visual voicemail.
    Don't want to read the whole thread. How do I get voicemail? When I press 1 it says no messages even if I have messages.
    Laissez Faire
    First of all, thank you for the app - which worked great until google changed its mobile interface.

Now that the official app catalog has the update, I can log into google voice without the error, but I am now getting token error and can't send sms.

Any ideas?

1 google voice account, 1 login, no homebrew, 1 google voice number. Very basic.

Thanks <sigh>.
  9.    #2589  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    First of all, thank you for the app - which worked great until google changed its mobile interface.

Now that the official app catalog has the update, I can log into google voice without the error, but I am now getting token error and can't send sms.

Any ideas?

1 google voice account, 1 login, no homebrew, 1 google voice number. Very basic.

Thanks <sigh>.
    Is your Google Voice account the same account you use in the mail and contacts app of the Pre/Pixi?

This issue is only affecting a small subset of people and I am trying to figure out what the common case is.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Open up advanced preferences in the app and scroll all the way to the bottom. Make sure the username and password there are the correct ones for your Google Contacts account that you are using.

Normally it assumes it is the same account as for Google Voice, but the option is left open to change it since some people use other accounts for their contacts.
    I am still dong something wrong. I only get the number in gdial and not the name of the contact like I used to. I have 2 accounts. A gmail account that is syncedwith my pre contacts and uses a @gmail.com domain. My goole voice account, lets call it me@me.com which also have contacts that I have to import from my @gmail.com account and update frequently, does not use a @gmail.com domain. I use me@me.com as my google voice account in gdial. Were does gdial pull the contacts from for purposes of allocating a name to an incoming phone number. I have tried to input both my @gmail.com account into the contacts field at the bottom of advanced preferences as well as my me@me.com account into such field, but in both cases after resetting and refresshing, I still just get a list of phone numbers in gdial and not the names associated the account I input. I must be doing something wrong but can not figure it out. Any clues? Thanks - Etu
    ETUTREO300
  11.    #2591  
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    I am still dong something wrong. I only get the number in gdial and not the name of the contact like I used to. I have 2 accounts. A gmail account that is syncedwith my pre contacts and uses a @gmail.com domain. My goole voice account, lets call it me@me.com which also have contacts that I have to import from my @gmail.com account and update frequently, does not use a @gmail.com domain. I use me@me.com as my google voice account in gdial. Were does gdial pull the contacts from for purposes of allocating a name to an incoming phone number. I have tried to input both my @gmail.com account into the contacts field at the bottom of advanced preferences as well as my me@me.com account into such field, but in both cases after resetting and refresshing, I still just get a list of phone numbers in gdial and not the names associated the account I input. I must be doing something wrong but can not figure it out. Any clues? Thanks - Etu
    Here is what I would recommend:

1) Uninstall gDial Pro
    2) Restart your phone
    3) Reinstall gDial Pro
    4) When it loads put your Google Voice email address/pass in the top 2 boxes
    5) Click the show advanced preferences
    6) Scroll all the way to the bottom and add in the email/pass of the Google account with all of your contacts in it.
    7) Leave preferences and wait for it pull down all of the contacts and Google Voice history

That should be it, it should a that point show names instead of numbers for any number that goes with a contact in your contacts account.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, google contacts/gmail/goole voice all the same login & password
  13.    #2593  
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, google contacts/gmail/goole voice all the same login & password
    Well you blew that theory out of the water

Is there anything unique you can think of in terms of your Google Voice account or your Google Account in general?

Were you a grandcentral user? Are you using a google apps for domain account? Anything like that or is it super basic like you are using an @gmail account?

I am not able to replicate the problem and so far have not found a common cause between the people who have it, so I am still trying to figure it out.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    No, no grandcentral, no google apps, just a basic @gmail login for my whole google world. No patches, tweaks, rooting or homebrew, and it seemed fine the day of the update.

Should I delete and reinstall?
  15.    #2595  
    No, no grandcentral, no google apps, just a basic @gmail login for my whole google world. No patches, tweaks, rooting or homebrew, and it seemed fine the day of the update.

Should I delete and reinstall?
    Yeah it is worth a try....

Are you saying it worked fine the day that Google updated their mobile site, or the first day that you updated gDial Pro to the new version?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    OK, uninstall and reinstall solved the problem. Sorry to bother.

Just a quickie question (perhaps off topic), I just dropped from the sprint everything to the sprint 3000 share - I assume that using gdial pro counts like a land line.

But, if a contact calls me from his/her cell at my gv number (and I have gv set to show the caller ID - not the gv number) and I answer, does sprint count that as a cell to cell or as a cell to land line since it comes through gv?

Thanks!
  17.    #2597  
    OK, uninstall and reinstall solved the problem. Sorry to bother.

Just a quickie question (perhaps off topic), I just dropped from the sprint everything to the sprint 3000 share - I assume that using gdial pro counts like a land line.

But, if a contact calls me from his/her cell at my gv number (and I have gv set to show the caller ID - not the gv number) and I answer, does sprint count that as a cell to cell or as a cell to land line since it comes through gv?

Thanks!
    My assumption would be that it counts as a cell since that it what the caller ID shows, but I have to admit I have never confirmed it as it hasn't been a problem for me. I am sure someone will chime in shortly with the answer though.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I really don't know and I am trying to be very vigilant about using mostly cell phones since 3 of us share the 3000 minutes.

If this works though, we save $100/mth over the everything, so it is worth a try!

Thanks so much & have a great night.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    So the main reason i use google voice is for voicemail. Although the transcriptions are not perfect they give me the general idea via SMS what it is about. Beofre the google web changes, I was able to go to m.google.com/voice and select a message and hit play. This method did not require gdial to listen to my messages without calling my google voice number as a last resort (since it cost minutes). After the google web change, m.google.com/voice can no longer play/stream voicemails to my pre. So I decided to use gdial for this feature. It woks fine, but I really did not want another app to do this.....

I then noticed the the emails that I get when ever I have a voice mail have a link to play the voicemails I just tired it and it works like a charm. It pops up with the option to stream/download. Personally this is faster than opening gdial pro and serves my purposes. It would be nice if they fixed the website though. I believe the iphone has the play button on the website but the pre does not (thats strange).

Just my two cents in case anyone else was just using google voice for visual voicemail.
    Isn't there a patch that tricks websites into thinking the Pre is an iphone? Apparently this results on better display of websites. If that's the case, it just might display the missing "play" button.

Anyone try this?
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seistoes View Post
    Isn't there a patch that tricks websites into thinking the Pre is an iphone? Apparently this results on better display of websites. If that's the case, it just might display the missing "play" button.

Anyone try this?
    My phone with the iPhone spoof does not have the play button on the new GV website for Pre.