Page 13 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    How do reply from a sms within the app?
    Updated thread title to no longer show version number here. For version information and to download click here:

gDial Pro

- Craig
    gDialpro dkGoogleVoice. i love it!!!!
  4.    #244  
    New version out which fixes slow UI loading that has been happening when Google or the internet connection is slow.

v0.3.3:
    -Fixed loading to not block UI while communicating with Google
    -Default username to @gmail.com if no domain entered.
    -Fixed dial pad graphic to not repeat
    -Added in shaking to reset the dialer and SMS value to blank
    -You can now shake while viewing a detailed record and it will update. So if you are viewing recent SMS and send a new one, then shake on the detail record it will update with the latest outgoing text.
    nice work on 3.3 I'm likeing the bugfixes/enhancements can't wait to see what's comming next

review of 3.3
    +WSOD is completely fixed, plus app loads alot faster now kudos
    +looks like you also fixed the backspace if you hold it down it deletes the entire number big +
    +dialer graphic much more to my OCD liking lol

-minor minor thing when you start typing input box moves just slightly to the right only like 4-5 pixels, nothing huge and I think it's been in there since you added the icons to backspace/contacts, if I had a choice I like where it moves to when you start dialing it seems more centered on the screen or possibly think about getting rid of the box all together and just have it show up on the top like the native dialer

Overall I think gdiail is looking like a winner, nothing really show stopping to report in this version just the stuff I mentioned before. I'd definately give this an A, keep up the good work man
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/08/2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Other than being able to listen to VM messages without dialing in, this app is complete for my needs. Any thing else is whipped cream
    Great work fpalm!
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/08/2009 at 06:11 PM.
    I did notice on the sms screen that the black border where you enter the number (after activating that field) is cut off on the right side.
    Also, when in History, the navigation on the top is not centered (off by about 2 pixels to the right).
    @NachoB Thats a good eye!... i didn't even notice that and I consider myself to be pretty anal when it comes to UI's

and the docks.. i think top and bottom are the same way I didn't even notice that before... now I'm going to be staring at that every time lol

also (admittedly seriously looking for glitches at this point) when app first runs dailer input box is one graphic, dail a number it changes to a second... then delete the number and it changes to a third, dail a number agian and it changes back to the second (or moves to the right)
    I recently discovered that I could not get this app to work. I was using 1.04 software on the pre. I did not realize that the palm had released a software update. After I installed the update the applications work fantastic now. before it would not load my contacts. it would stay that the contacts were blank. and text did not appear on the button in the dialer. Hopes this helps some you of you.
    Hi, Just wanted to compliment you on the great effort you are putting into this app. I have high hopes for consolidating my phone #'s through google voice & thanks for making that come a little closer.
    3.3 seems to be working much better. I'm still trying to feel my way around how to use the app. I've made a few successful calls. No bugs in the call itself so far as long as I have good Rev A connection or I pay attention to the preference settings.
    Adding the google domain seems to have worked, although, I didn't add the domain in 3.2 & I think it went through anyway.
    The only bug that may be serious that I found is that after deleting 3.2 (to later install 3.3), I found that my data connection went out. The little "eV" square icon on the top of the screen stayed on, unlit, (wouldn't switch to the "1x" slower network) & the signal wouldn't get through even after going to several different places around my city that I usually get strong RevA signals. I thought it was the network, but as soon as I got to a WiFi spot & switched to that, I downloaded 3.3 through file coaster & my RevA signal reception came back immediately.
    I know this is only anecdotal, but I don't think this is a coincidence. Is it possible when gdialpro is deleted that it somehow upsets the RevA reception settings for the Pre?
    I deleted through the normal apps list on the Pre. I didn't go through the computer to do it. Maybe I did something wrong with that. Seems like it might be worth checking into. Wonder if anyone else had the same problem?
    Really appreciate your work. My wish suggestion for any other added features would be a way to switch between normal mic & speaker through gdialpro as in the regular dialpad. Plus I use bluetooth & wouldn't mind the option to switch in & out of that too.
    Looking forward to what a non-beta will become. Thanks again.
    First off, thanks for all the work!

I got this app and plugged in all my GV info, but I can't make a call. I can send a text (how cool is that), but it won't dial out, just hear a ringing phone and dial prompts while it's ringing.

How far off am I?

thanks!
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2961 View Post
    First off, thanks for all the work!

I got this app and plugged in all my GV info, but I can't make a call. I can send a text (how cool is that), but it won't dial out, just hear a ringing phone and dial prompts while it's ringing.

How far off am I?

thanks!
    Is your cell number added in to Google Voice as one of your phones? It sounds like maybe it isn't as Google Voice should answer instantly when you call from a phone that it has listed with your number.
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcg1018 View Post
    Hi, Just wanted to compliment you on the great effort you are putting into this app. I have high hopes for consolidating my phone #'s through google voice & thanks for making that come a little closer.
    3.3 seems to be working much better. I'm still trying to feel my way around how to use the app. I've made a few successful calls. No bugs in the call itself so far as long as I have good Rev A connection or I pay attention to the preference settings.
    Adding the google domain seems to have worked, although, I didn't add the domain in 3.2 & I think it went through anyway.
    The only bug that may be serious that I found is that after deleting 3.2 (to later install 3.3), I found that my data connection went out. The little "eV" square icon on the top of the screen stayed on, unlit, (wouldn't switch to the "1x" slower network) & the signal wouldn't get through even after going to several different places around my city that I usually get strong RevA signals. I thought it was the network, but as soon as I got to a WiFi spot & switched to that, I downloaded 3.3 through file coaster & my RevA signal reception came back immediately.
    I know this is only anecdotal, but I don't think this is a coincidence. Is it possible when gdialpro is deleted that it somehow upsets the RevA reception settings for the Pre?
    I deleted through the normal apps list on the Pre. I didn't go through the computer to do it. Maybe I did something wrong with that. Seems like it might be worth checking into. Wonder if anyone else had the same problem?
    Really appreciate your work. My wish suggestion for any other added features would be a way to switch between normal mic & speaker through gdialpro as in the regular dialpad. Plus I use bluetooth & wouldn't mind the option to switch in & out of that too.
    Looking forward to what a non-beta will become. Thanks again.
    Thanks for your feedback.

On the rev A and switching to 1x, etc on deletion. I haven't had any other reports of that happening and I am not even sure what would causes it. gDial is packaged in the same format as the other apps and doesn't do anything outside of what the Palm API allows so it shouldn't cause any hardware issues like that. Let me know if you do see any more of that type of issue though.

For the speaker, once you are on the call, it is the normal Palm dialer which should allow you to switch to speaker phone, bluetooth, etc on the bottom left of the dialer.
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    @NachoB Thats a good eye!... i didn't even notice that and I consider myself to be pretty anal when it comes to UI's

and the docks.. i think top and bottom are the same way I didn't even notice that before... now I'm going to be staring at that every time lol

also (admittedly seriously looking for glitches at this point) when app first runs dailer input box is one graphic, dail a number it changes to a second... then delete the number and it changes to a third, dail a number agian and it changes back to the second (or moves to the right)
    I am going to to try to fix all of these annoyances because I notice them as well. Some of it is just me trying to figure out how to work with the Palm CSS styling. But don't worry, it bothers me too, when I see the cursor centered then to the left, then centered again on that dialer entry.
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    How do reply from a sms within the app?
    Generally with Google Voice, if a contact sends a text message to your GV number, then when you receive it on your cell you can just reply within the normal messaging app.
    I've asked this already, but I got no reply to my question so I will ask again. Is it possible to listen to google voice voicemails without going to the automated machine? Is there a reason why gDial doesn't support playing voicemails?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    flpalm just wanted to give you props on the app. It has worked flawlessly for me. Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Is your cell number added in to Google Voice as one of your phones? It sounds like maybe it isn't as Google Voice should answer instantly when you call from a phone that it has listed with your number.
    That was the exact problem. Sorry to bother and THANKS!
    Flpalm
    new version looks great i havent played with it much but some of the glitches that are posted above could probably use some work but thats all ecstatics. maybe one thing you might want to consider doing for those who would like to use gdial as their main texting app is when refreshing the history for a conatact that you been sending/receiving sms with perhaps list newest descending to oldest. right now you have the other way around requiring one to scroll all the way down to view newest sent/received sms. id like to tap on a history item and see the very newest event without the need to scroll.

one other thing... when looking at my history i see items under missed going far back to 7/31/09 but when i go to view all screen i only see items dating back to like 3 days ago. i dont see any incoming or out going calls logged in on the all section just missed/sms/voice (and like i said all section is really not showing them all...
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I've asked this already, but I got no reply to my question so I will ask again. Is it possible to listen to google voice voicemails without going to the automated machine? Is there a reason why gDial doesn't support playing voicemails?
    The pre doesn't play wav files as of yet. That is why you can't listen to your google voicemail.