Page 129 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    I have 1.2.6 have removed and replaced it a couple times but I still keep getting the same access # and it says call will not go thru any ideas?
    You can't dial the access number manually you have to use gdial or google voice to handle the exchange.
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/30/2010 at 02:42 PM.
  2.    #2562  
    I have 1.2.6 have removed and replaced it a couple times but I still keep getting the same access # and it says call will not go thru any ideas?
    It might be a temporary issue with Google Voice as well. I get those occasionally when I dial as well. Not sure if it happens when that provider is overloaded or what, but Google Voice is still beta so their stuff breaks from time to time.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #2563  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    In the last couple days I can not get my GV number to show up when I make a call. It always used to show up now it shows nothing.

Any ideas? I really need it to show up or a lot of my friends won't answer.
    What number is showing up? In the newer versions of gDial, it dials out to an access number which would then connect you to your friends, but they see your Google Voice number on their caller ID.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I haven't used this app that much but did a few tests today and noticed something strange.

I had someone send me a text using my google voice number. I never got the text. If I use my phone and send a text to my google voice number, I do get the text but it shows a completely different "sent from" phone number. Instead of my mobile number it shows a number with a 406 area code.

Is this normal? Should I be able to receive texts sent to my google voice number?
  5.    #2565  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I haven't used this app that much but did a few tests today and noticed something strange.

I had someone send me a text using my google voice number. I never got the text. If I use my phone and send a text to my google voice number, I do get the text but it shows a completely different "sent from" phone number. Instead of my mobile number it shows a number with a 406 area code.

Is this normal? Should I be able to receive texts sent to my google voice number?
    Yes, this is normal. Here is a really indepth explanation of the 406 numbers The Power of 406 - Google Voice Help
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    It might be a temporary issue with Google Voice as well. I get those occasionally when I dial as well. Not sure if it happens when that provider is overloaded or what, but Google Voice is still beta so their stuff breaks from time to time.

flpalm, I wish this was a temp. issue but no matter when or where i use gdial I get the same accesses #17605370537 and like i said it doesn't matter how many times I uninstall and then reinstall gdail I get the same access # using web dial.
  7.    #2567  
    flpalm, I wish this was a temp. issue but no matter when or where i use gdial I get the same accesses #17605370537 and like i said it doesn't matter how many times I uninstall and then reinstall gdail I get the same access # using web dial.
    Right that is the correct behavior. It will most always use the same access number to dial out to your contacts. It does some behind the scenes magic with telling google that the next time this cell phone calls that access number, it should connect out to whoever you dialed.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Right that is the correct behavior. It will most always use the same access number to dial out to your contacts. It does some behind the scenes magic with telling google that the next time this cell phone calls that access number, it should connect out to whoever you dialed.
    So if I keep getting this # my only option is to be patient and wait for that access # to eventually work?
  9.    #2569  
    So if I keep getting this # my only option is to be patient and wait for that access # to eventually work?
    You can turn off webdial in the advanced preferences of gDial to dial out through your Google Voice number. It is just slower, but works in the interim for you. Also, you could report the issue on the the Google Voice help forums to see if they can fix that particular access number.

Google specifies with each call which access number to use, so it isn't anything from our end that we could change.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Clarification please: Dialing from Gdial still takes away from your free minutes right?
    if you have added the number as your pick 5 it won't, but everyone doesn't have that feature.
    Is the "pick 5" a feature of a Sprint or Verizon plan?
    Sprint you have to escalate to the retentions department.
    My contacts do not sync. I have contacts set up in my google voice account and list this as my contacts account in gdal. Used to come up in gdial showing contact names, bit not since rapid release install. Am I doing something wrong anyone? I assume I am and that this is not a bug since it is not reported on here or in reviews. Thanks in advance. - Etu
    ETUTREO300
  15.    #2575  
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    My contacts do not sync. I have contacts set up in my google voice account and list this as my contacts account in gdal. Used to come up in gdial showing contact names, bit not since rapid release install. Am I doing something wrong anyone? I assume I am and that this is not a bug since it is not reported on here or in reviews. Thanks in advance. - Etu
    Open up advanced preferences in the app and scroll all the way to the bottom. Make sure the username and password there are the correct ones for your Google Contacts account that you are using.

Normally it assumes it is the same account as for Google Voice, but the option is left open to change it since some people use other accounts for their contacts.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    If it says incorrect username/password, then it actually means that now and your username/pass are likely incorrect.

When it can't get the token it needs for google voice, it outputs a different error now that says that it cannot get google voice token.

If anyone is seeing the google voice token error with this version, I would like to hear about that so I can know that my latest release doesn't yet fix the issue.
    I am getting the token error deal and it won't dial
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I just tried installing from Preware. It lists gDial Pro as this week. When I try installing, I get:
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-saqlzV http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.2.2_all.ipk'
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Is this just me or is this something wrong with the package? I have had some issues with getting some things uninstalled and updated lately. I believe I was previously told I needed to uninstall the previous version of gDial Pro, and I don't think that happened cleanly. If this is just my problem, what is the best way to clean things up without loosing too much?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Never mind about the problems installing. I installed using WebOS Quick Install and it worked. Well, sort of.

I am trying to call this other cell phone just to test. It keeps calling out to my gvoice number then records some beeps and such. Then I get notified that I received a voice mail. I never get a ring on the other phone though.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Let me just ask this. The only reason I am trying to get this working is to test a possible workaround for a problem my wife has.

Her biggest complaint with the Pre is that she expects to be able to start typing digits and is used to other phones that start displaying a list of phone numbers (based on either contacts or history of received and dialed numbers). So she has to either dial the entire 10 digits or find the contact.

I was thinking maybe using the google voice number as the primary dialing and receiving intermediary would allow working around Palms dialing deficiencies. So, does gDial Pro have the ability to dial partial numbers and see a list of numbers that match from history?
    What number is showing up? In the newer versions of gDial, it dials out to an access number which would then connect you to your friends, but they see your Google Voice number on their caller ID.

No number is showing only a bunch of - - - - - - - - - --.

I have tried both ways. I enter the number and press the "W" in the circle to dial or enter the number and press the "phone" icon to dial.