Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    If you are looking for the rapid release one, I am waiting on Palm to fix a couple things on there end with updating apps. Should be up there later tonight.

If you are installing the homebrew through Preware, you just need to go in and refresh your feeds from the Preware app.
    THANKS ...i WILL TRY IT OUT
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    1.2.4 IS NOW WORKING FOR ME....

I can login...

thanks
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    One question.....Does gdial store all the conversations I listen to locally or does it download it every time i want to listen to them...

How exactly does that work?
    FlPalm once again rocks, GDial Pro is again in it's rightful place on my quicklaunch bar, and world peace has been achieved. OK, 2 out of 3, but the most important news - 1.2.4 Worked for me! Thanks SO much!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Huzzah, 1.2.4 works! So glad to no longer be a bearer of bad news.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    If you mean the new Google web interface, they have made a much prettier interface to use, but it seems a bit slow on my phone and of course doesn't do a background notification of updates, etc.

If you mean the new webdial in gDial Pro, then it makes a call out to Google with the number you want to dial. They return an access number to dial and upon dialing this you are connected to the party you wanted to connect to with the appropriate caller ID showing on their end.

Most people are saying the access number stays pretty constant and so you can put it on your pick 3 for unlimited calls, but anything could happen
    Can you explain to me what was broken? After installing 1.2.4....everythign started working.. I had even installed the visual voicemail app and it was giving me the same error..But after installing 1.2.4 both apps started working.........Very strange....
    flpalm, how do we buy a non-ad supported version/make a donation?
  8.    #2528  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    One question.....Does gdial store all the conversations I listen to locally or does it download it every time i want to listen to them...

How exactly does that work?
    For the voicemails, it downloads them each time you want to listen and cleans them up when you leave the listening screen. Didn't want to clutter up your SD card with a bunch of voicemails and with 3g they download so fast.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  9.    #2529  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Can you explain to me what was broken? After installing 1.2.4....everythign started working.. I had even installed the visual voicemail app and it was giving me the same error..But after installing 1.2.4 both apps started working.........Very strange....
    I wish I could actually. It is not so much a bug in the code as something wrong either at Google or with something in the Palm side of the app. The login was working fine with Google, but then you have to take that login token and pass it to Google Voice and that was failing for seemingly no reason and only for some people.

I just changed up some stuff in the code and it works now, but honestly I have no idea what was broken as where it was broken is outside the scope of anything I can debug.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    OK. I deleted the app (Version 1.2.4) rebooted the phone and reinstalled gDial. The app now works! Strange thing is when I originally updated to this version I had 2 icon on the dial pad, one was a phone and the other was a VV icon. Something must have corrupted the install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    OK. I deleted the app (Version 1.2.4) rebooted the phone and reinstalled gDial. The app now works! Strange thing is when I originally updated to this version I had 2 icon on the dial pad, one was a phone and the other was a VV icon. Something must have corrupted the install.
    not a bug, you must have had advanced dialpad enabled in preferences to see that dialer.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    not a bug, you must have had advanced dialpad enabled in preferences to see that dialer.
    Does the advanced dialpad still dial the access number?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Does the advanced dialpad still dial the access number?
    The advanced dialpad enables both options for calling, using webdial (which now dials an access number) and the option to dial out by calling through your GV number.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I wish I could actually. It is not so much a bug in the code as something wrong either at Google or with something in the Palm side of the app. The login was working fine with Google, but then you have to take that login token and pass it to Google Voice and that was failing for seemingly no reason and only for some people.

I just changed up some stuff in the code and it works now, but honestly I have no idea what was broken as where it was broken is outside the scope of anything I can debug.
    Thanks for the info...
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    For the voicemails, it downloads them each time you want to listen and cleans them up when you leave the listening screen. Didn't want to clutter up your SD card with a bunch of voicemails and with 3g they download so fast.
    Agreed... I just wanted to make sure that was what it did....What about the text versions on the voicemails....Is it just pulling it directly form the website...?

Not storing anything locally right?
    Hey guys, I just got my palm pre plus. I also tried to dl gdial from apps and it said invalid username/pass.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to install 1.2.4, I will need to install fileCoaster first correct?

Then fileCoaster will enable me to install gdial 1.2.4?? Please let me know if this is correct, and other things I need to know to install it. Thanks so much
  17.    #2537  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpmd View Post
    Hey guys, I just got my palm pre plus. I also tried to dl gdial from apps and it said invalid username/pass.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to install 1.2.4, I will need to install fileCoaster first correct?

Then fileCoaster will enable me to install gdial 1.2.4?? Please let me know if this is correct, and other things I need to know to install it. Thanks so much
    You can get the rapid release version direct from Palm by going to this link and putting in your SMS number. It will send you a link to your phone and let you install.

gDial Pro - Rapid Release
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #2538  
    Also, the app catalog version should be updated shortly.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    FWIW, I'm using 1.2.4, and while it seems to update my inbox ok, I still periodically get notifications every once and a while about logonid/password problems.

I notice on the help scene that there's a link for an ad-free version. I'm interested and would be happy to pay for such a version...but the link takes me to a pretty bare-looking webpage that wants my email address for a "free 30 day Mobile Plus Pack". I want to support the development of gDial Pro, but:

1. I have no idea what a "Mobile Plus Pack" is.
    2. The page has the feel of a "1st month free" subscription thing.

Is there any way I can just pay a one-time license fee directly to you, flpalm? That linked page has my internet scam survival alarms all triggered.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i have version 1.2.4 and i'm still getting incorrect pass/login