Page 12 of 145 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #221  
    0.3.2 is now out with fixes for a bunch of the issues you guys were seeing 0.3.1 as well as some visual changes to match the native dialer. More exciting stuff on the way
    PLEASE let me assign my own pause times. It works so good until after the "2" to forward, then dials so damn slow even set at 1. I know I keep asking but it it is the only main feature that is driving me crazy! dk has not added it to his app yet either.

I would actually prefer the ability to set the dial string...I can then configure it the best way that works for me. Set all 'P' pauses to like .25/sec then I can just have a string of ##########(This pre set to dial GV),ppp2pp#p#p#p#p#p#p#p#p#p#(forwarded num) etc..... This would give me a .25 sec pause in between each number. If that is not enough I can use PP#PP# for half a second. 1 second is just too long.

You get the general idea! ii
    I just want more control of the timings. You do not have to let everyone play with this, maybe an advanced setting...
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/06/2009 at 03:52 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    0.3.2 is now out with fixes for a bunch of the issues you guys were seeing 0.3.1 as well as some visual changes to match the native dialer. More exciting stuff on the way
    thank for quickly addressing the bugs!
    Last edited by jack87; 08/06/2009 at 03:56 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    PLEASE let me assign my own pause times. It works so good until after the "2" to forward, then dials so damn slow even set at 1. I know I keep asking but it it is the only main feature that is driving me crazy! dk has not added it to his app yet either.

I would actually prefer the ability to set the dial string...I can then configure it the best way that works for me. Set all 'P' pauses to like .25 then i can just have a string of ##########,p,p,2,p,########## etc.....
    I am sorry that I missed this request before. I will try to get it added in a future release.
    MAN!! you sure are knocking out some of the suggestions I made... this is turning out BEAUTIFULLY! and quick... downloading new version now, will tell ya what I think

review- pointing things out overall MUCH nicer on already nice app definitely give app B+ for functionality and UI, some things I might have mentioned once before, if so, attempted to refine idea a bit. I know I'm mentioning at alot of stuff, sorta why i suggested you get with dolphinking to both work on one program as there's alot of stuff that can be done (obviously)

*note* Alot of suggestions for this version are mainly because of really poor EDVO connection today but are good to know right?

Launcher/main-
    1)poor data connection results in you unable to launch gDial for whatever reason, it hangs on white screen, if this is unavoidable?? maybe have a loading wallpaper/screen I confirmed this by enabling wifi and almost instant on app loading. Program does load eventually but only after talking to the mother ship before it gives you the dialer screen. (could be confused with crashed app, from user's perspective I think i mentioned this before but think i might have narrowed down cause of WSOD)

Dialer- Damn fine improvements, very slick UI! many props on this! So convicting you might think about branding the background wallpaper or something :lol:
    1)Very small graphical glitch on the right hand side of the image, looks like it's repeating the image (you can see the starting of left hand side of dialer agian)
    2)choosing a contact, if by accident you hit cancel, it puts cancel in the number input field and have to backspace out
    3)hold down backspace to repeat? pulled up contacts a few times quickly tapping :lol:
    4)maybe change the dial notification to a status popup notification after hitting dial, if poor data connection phone is not responsive to dail button press, but does dial when good connection. I suggest maybe like "connecting" and "call sent" I'd even make the call status notification full screen. I did like the removal of "ok" button alot better. I think intrusive because you shouldn't be doing anything while it's connecting anyway, other than maybe thinking you didn't hit dial or possibly to hit cancel if it's just not working or you messed up

Contacts- I wasn't able to load google contacts, (failed to load google contacts) but some of my entries are only email addresses or google talk contacts, not huge deal and is probally a problem on my end
    EDIT: mentioned below if you add name@gmail.com it works, have auto translate or specify to user to enter email address sample@gmail.com it does work after this change

History-
    1)with poor data connection get loading "circle" possible to cache previous entries untill they can be updated?
    2)redundant information in history categories ie sms history reads "sms... sms... sms" maybe have incomming/outgoing sms envelop arrow icons? also phone incomming/outgoing icon
    3)when contact is added, remove the phone number in preview wheel and replace it with name. the time/date stamp is good, and if sms/voicemail, maybe one liner preview of content from most recent activity (mostly sms) and speech2txt voicemails, for calls have duration of most recent, my suggested format for all history preview would look like below, each category would have all conversation in that category from given contact again most recent first in preview

------------------------------------------
    sms icon........ joe blow......1/2/34 12:00pm
    -->....hey dude call my desk!.....................
    <--........(123)456-7890......1/2/34 12:01pm
    phone icon..... 1 min 30 sec......................
    vm icon.........shelly belly.......1/2/34 4:25pm
    ....... Hi it's me shelly what are we doing ton...

Preferences- this might take a while to add all in references to changeing settings in google voice web settings
    1)sms forwarding to mobile phone (this might remove need for switching back and forth between gdail and pre's sms app) sms inbox in gDial?
    2)call presentation on/off
    3)call screening on/off
    4)"do not disturb" on/off calls straight to GV voicemail

Thats it for now. Again great work on the updates, not complaining with any suggestions I'm sure you know that by now and appreciate the feedback *cheers*

EDIT-
    sms- very ncie and got a chance to fully test it. I disabled sms forwarding (see above) and works great. also conversation ui is nice, don't know if this was on before i disabled sms forwarding.

1)make a one or two line "input dock" above the actual dock while in sms conversations, for less screen switching, then move the whole thing out of histories and into sms dock tab this would be great!
    2)Also sms notification within app (itty bitty number bubble above dock like iphone), & a system chime or something similar to let user know of incomming GV texts and auto pull refresh timer 1/min 2/min something like this, untill a GV sms push notification comes out other than directly to mobile phone/email as it is currently
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/06/2009 at 08:27 PM.
    and as i have said before is there anyway you can make a more dumbed down version of the app... so basicaly just a dialing put section and remove all the rest and call it skype to go or whatever... that way i can use my skype account for dialing out as well. all it would need is option to allow pin or not and once again number 2 is the dial out option. it should be easy to make if one day you would like we can work together to get it set up.
    Will there be a way in the future to play recorded calls?
    I keep getting a failure to load contacts error everytime i start up the app it will not show peoples name in history caller id just their number i do have it enabled to grab info from my google contacts... it worked like a charm on 0.3.1 but no luck here on 0.3.2

correction.... when i enable to get contact info from google then go into the history tab thats when i get the error. like i said on 0.3.1 to loaded the contact names just fine for me.

only happens in the history menu
    gdial-pro_2009-06-08_155418.jpg
    Last edited by jack87; 08/06/2009 at 05:10 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I am getting an error loading contacts also.

Since i am only getting an error i have some questions about the contacts handling. What's the difference between having the "use google contacts for caller id" on or off. I am syncing contacts with the same gmail account as gv. Would there be any benefit to having caller id come from the same account online?

Also. Is there any way to take advantage of groups for sms. I was pumped to get gv loaded because I was hoping this would be a solution for group text messaging. When I create a sms msg it doesn't look like i can choose a group. Is this a futre feature maybe? Am i wrong in assuming this isn't available in the app yet?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    keeps getting better and better
    This is really awesome!!! Now, if you could only listen to your google voicemails by going to the history section it would be perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I keep getting a failure to load contacts error everytime i start up the app it will not show peoples name in history caller id just their number i do have it enabled to grab info from my google contacts... it worked like a charm on 0.3.1 but no luck here on 0.3.2

correction.... when i enable to get contact info from google then go into the history tab thats when i get the error. like i said on 0.3.1 to loaded the contact names just fine for me.

only happens in the history menu
    gdial-pro_2009-06-08_155418.jpg
    okay to fix this issue what i did was go into the preferences and put my login info one more time.
    originaly for the google voice login i had akop87/password now i turned it to akop87@gmail.com/password
    its weird because on 0.3.1 it worked fine and it was logging into mobile site as well as sending receiving text and getting history with just akop87 but i did not get contact names in history till after i added @gmail.com

update:
    to confirm i took @gmail.com out and received the error again put it back no more error... did it a few times... so not use your user name but your gmail email addy is required in the preference. where it asks for google voice user name.
    MatterOfFactJack
    now i was using the history feature for send receiving text since it shows the entire conversation its freaking great! when shaking it refreshes the history list. is there a way to refresh the history item so when i receive a text i can perhaps shake and see the new text. for the individual.
    MatterOfFactJack
  14.    #234  
    okay to fix this issue what i did was go into the preferences and put my login info one more time.
    originaly for the google voice login i had akop87/password now i turned it to akop87@gmail.com/password
    its weird because on 0.3.1 it worked fine and it was logging into mobile site as well as sending receiving text and getting history with just akop87 but i did not get contact names in history till after i added @gmail.com

update:
    to confirm i took @gmail.com out and received the error again put it back no more error... did it a few times... so not use your user name but your gmail email addy is required in the preference. where it asks for google voice user name.
    Thanks for posting an update. I had noticed this in the past but forgotten to add in code to add on the domain if it is not entered by the user. I am going to put that in for the next release to add in @gmail.com if there is domain after it. Also, I am going to start running my tests on my phone with Wifi disabled in order to simulate worst case data scenarios for load speed and what not.

Also, I can probably do the shake for detail refresh as well.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Yea I had to do the same thing and it works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Thanks for posting an update. I had noticed this in the past but forgotten to add in code to add on the domain if it is not entered by the user. I am going to put that in for the next release to add in @gmail.com if there is domain after it. Also, I am going to start running my tests on my phone with Wifi disabled in order to simulate worst case data scenarios for load speed and what not.

Also, I can probably do the shake for detail refresh as well.
    that should solve it just odd that it works half way without the domain added.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongrantr View Post
    1)Very small graphical glitch on the right hand side of the image, looks like it's repeating the image (you can see the starting of left hand side of dialer agian)
    Seeing the same thing. Doesn't effect functionality but would drive an OCD perfectionist crazy

BTW, Great work here flpalm!!!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i am really hoping that there is a way to choose a "group".

The pre contacts do not utilize the "groups" from gmail contacts. If gdial can access the groups via googles contacts, then group text messaging would be possible. To date this looks like the most likely means to do group texting.
    The app sometimes takes 50+ seconds to launch. Not every time, but once every 3rd time.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogokc View Post
    i am really hoping that there is a way to choose a "group".

The pre contacts do not utilize the "groups" from gmail contacts. If gdial can access the groups via googles contacts, then group text messaging would be possible. To date this looks like the most likely means to do group texting.
    Answering my own question...it looks like it will not be possible to utilize groups in gdial or other apps using gv api. GV does not have a group texting feature on the web interface. Lame.