Page 119 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Its appears that I cannot dial from the Web anymore. I had to turn that feature off for it to work. Also, the new dialer that looks like the iPhone does not work. It doesn't dial at all. Unless I am missing something.
    Damn it google. I really liked the old mobile web google voice it felt much more functional. and now this new interface has broken our gdial functionality! very frustrating.

@flPalm Also are you going to keep the ads in the homebrew version of gdial pro? or was it just testing for release to the catalog version to include the ads?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I have a few questions about the Google Voice Service and wanted to turn to my trusty people here at PreCentral. I just was reading about Google Voice and seems like it is an awesome idea. After reading it looks like there is no charge for US incoming/outgoing calls, voicemail, call forwarding, and SMS even if I have Google create a number for me. Is that true? If so, couldn't you intergrate gDial and not have to use your carrier at all? I would love any info you guys could give me. The web site doesn't offer much unless you are a member.

Can anyone send me an invite for Google Voice so I can check it out. Thanks!
    PhatomPhreak53,

Google Voice is not a substitute for phone service. Google is not a telecommunications provider nor is it a VOIP provider. When you place a call using Google Voice, Google calls your phone and then connects you to your party. Without an active phone connection, Google has no way to connect your call. Similarly, when you receive a phone call on your Google Voice number, all of your phones ring (home phone, cell phone, internet phone, etc...). You can pick up any of those phones and be connected to the person calling you. This setup is nice because you have a one phone number to ring them all setup. It's also handy because you can use the Google Voice website to look at your call logs for all of your phones and even initiate a phone call from the web (You tell Google to dial, they call your phone and when you pick up Google calls your party).

If you're interested in finding ways to use Google Voice to save money, look into a cell phone plan that doesn't charge for incoming minutes. Because Google Voice calls you and then connects you to your party, outgoing calls are billed as incoming calls.
    Last edited by Ancillas; 01/26/2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Typo
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to web-dial for a month now; can't say if it's related to a new mobile web rollout or not.
  6.    #2366  
    v1.1.6
    -Fix compatibility with Google Voice now that they completely changed their mobile client
    -Webdial is now magical and allows for direct dialing the contact.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v1.1.6
    -Fix compatibility with Google Voice now that they completely changed their mobile client
    I hate to be "that guy", and really do appreciate the fast work you did on this; but I know as soon as I get home, my wife is going to tell me that her Visual Voicemail isn't working.

News on that??
    v1.1.6
    Thanks for the Update you work FAST!
    v1.1.6
    Before webdialing had google voice call you then connect you. now does it show as the person you are calling is calling you then connects when answered? If so... thats kind of a bummer if it is a land line loses the advantage of having google voice as one of the pick 3/5

EDIT:

Installing update as we speak. just wondering is plam letting you push the update on the fly or are they making you wait for approval. If you havent tried yet let us know what the deal is when you do

Edit2:

Just confirming your fix worked like a charm.
    Last edited by jack87; 01/26/2010 at 03:52 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  10.    #2370  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I hate to be "that guy", and really do appreciate the fast work you did on this; but I know as soon as I get home, my wife is going to tell me that her Visual Voicemail isn't working.

News on that??
    Sending the update to the rapid release right now:

Visual Voicemail - Rapid Release
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #2371  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Before webdialing had google voice call you then connect you. now does it show as the person you are calling is calling you then connects when answered? If so... thats kind of a bummer if it is a land line loses the advantage of having google voice as one of the pick 3/5

EDIT:

Installing update as we speak. just wondering is plam letting you push the update on the fly or are they making you wait for approval. If you havent tried yet let us know what the deal is when you do

Edit2:

Just confirming your fix worked like a charm.
    Yeah, what happens now is how it works on Android. It makes a web call to Google with the number you are dialing and then they respond with a number to dial. The phone then dials that number and is connected to the end user. The end user sees your Google Voice number on the caller ID.

Unfortunately, it looks like Google broke the old functionality and so all I can do is use the new way. Sorry about that.....

You can always use the non-webdial to call into your Google Voice number and then dial out. Not nearly as fast, but it will solve the issue for you.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I called a 1800 number to test webdial and it opened dial pad and put in some different are code number. The answer was the 800 number now.

Same concern though. I have this is as one of my Pick3, is that not going to work now?
    v1.1.6
    Awesome work as usual. The direct dialing with webdial is nice as it speeds the process up a big but since now it directly dials some number it will use my anytime minutes (i have my gv number as one of my pick3). With their changes is it possible to have an option for webdial to use the old way of your gv number calling you first before connecting?

Edit: oops I see you posted a reply at the same time that it can no longer be done with webdial. Kind of a bummer, but that is because of googles changes, not your slick app.
  14.    #2374  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I am so confused as to what webdial is doing.
    It is strange, but it is the way that they do it on Android. They respond to the request with a dial out number that they must talk to on the backend to make it dial out to the user you specify when you call it.

Some sort of Google Magic. For speed it is super fast, for understanding, not so much.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Yeah, what happens now is how it works on Android. It makes a web call to Google with the number you are dialing and then they respond with a number to dial. The phone then dials that number and is connected to the end user. The end user sees your Google Voice number on the caller ID.

Unfortunately, it looks like Google broke the old functionality and so all I can do is use the new way. Sorry about that.....

You can always use the non-webdial to call into your Google Voice number and then dial out. Not nearly as fast, but it will solve the issue for you.
    Thank you for the explanation haha i had to read it twice to make sense this google voice stuff really takes some thinking to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I called a 1800 number to test webdial and it opened dial pad and put in some different are code number. The answer was the 800 number now.

Same concern though. I have this is as one of my Pick3, is that not going to work now?
    Ya looks like the only way to take advantage of calling with google voice as a pick 5/3 number now is to use the other functionality rather then web dial.. if its a land line or a cell phone sprint will see it as a land line and charge you min from what i am understanding using the new web-dial method. Hum i miss classic web dial.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtt023 View Post
    Hi,

I have been having trouble with gDial Pro for a while, and I cannot seem to find a solution. I am currently running 1.1.0 (but I have been having these troubles in earlier versions as well), and webOS 1.3.5.1. I am sorry if a solution has been posted, but this thread is LOOONNNGGG, and Google searching didn't provide an answer.

Every time I try to make a phone call, the app throws a webdial failed error. Texting is fine, I can access the Google Voice web page, I can get my history. I just cannot place calls. I have all the correct information entered in Preferences (my Google Voice account name, password, my cell phone number then my Google Voice number, and my pin), and I have made sure that my phone is set to 'Mobile' on the Google Voice site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, and I have even doctored my phone recently (not because of this, though). I used to have the gDial Universal Integration patch installed, but I don't have it any more. Any ideas? Thanks.

I dont know if this issue is resolved on later versions of the app. but I have 1.0.5 and im having the same problem, I did all the same things and is still not working. can anybody help
    !

thanks.
    It is strange, but it is the way that they do it on Android. They respond to the request with a dial out number that they must talk to on the backend to make it dial out to the user you specify when you call it.

Some sort of Google Magic. For speed it is super fast, for understanding, not so much.
    Haha sorry i deleted that response once i read your reply to my other post. which might i add was very clear.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    I dont know if this issue is resolved on later versions of the app. but I have 1.0.5 and im having the same problem, I did all the same things and is still not working. can anybody help
    !

thanks.
    You will need to upgrade to 1.1.6 to even have a chance of getting webdial working as google made changes on their end today.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Where do I get v1.1.6? AppScoop still has 1.1.4

I just tried webdial from the normal google voice website for pc. and as i imagined still functions the same way. I wonder is it possible to tap into that and add a third dialing method to gdial pro?

Edit:
    Google's google voice chrome extension app does the same thing. So i just wonder if there is anyway to to add the same functionality the extension app uses as another dialing method? i guess when you have a chance maybe look into it?
    Last edited by jack87; 01/26/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack