Page 116 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #2301  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartjmoore View Post
    Extremely random suggestion, but any thought of splitting the app in multiple apps? One for SMS, one for the phone, etc. A lot more like the native apps.
    It is possible, we already created an independent app for voicemail only, Visual Voicemail. It actually pulls down a lot more voicemail history since it only pulls voicemail and nothing else.

For anyone who just wants to use the visual voicemail functionality of Google Voice, I would definitely recommend it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    If you do make separate apps, i'd suggest doing an SMS app that more resembles the native one, but with Google's organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Webdial should work over wifi fine. Did you get any error messages? Also, webdial doesn't actually use VOIP to make the call so you do have to have normal cell service so Google can call your cellphone and then connect you to the person you are calling.
    Well... they don't HAVE to have normal cell service. They could have a home phone or work phone. Hopefully you're working on adding that feature to the drop-down menu??

Heck, maybe they do have cell service but don't wanna waste anytime minutes trying to call a landline? ... Or maybe they're Verizon customers and don't get "any mobile anytime" calling? ... Or maybe their battery is low? ... Or maybe they just want to avoid holding a hot radiating up against their face all the time??

Everybody needs this don't they?
    I'm still new to this app but the Universal Pre contact search on dialer and SMS doesn't pull up names for me. When I type in a name, the search shows a zero. I have to touch the icon on the right which pulls up my whole contact list. What am I doing wrong?
    ffpalm, can you increase the tappable area of the erase icon (⌫) on the dial screen? I end up having to tap it two or three times in order to tap the right spot. It would also be great if the delete key on the keyboard was mapped to that function, too.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I think there is something wrong with v1.1.2. After update, it does not open d app or any thing for that matter. And I hink it was pulled out or something bcos I can't find it anymore
    I cant find it either after the update. i wish i did not update cause now i cant open it. I proceeded to delete it now its gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I cant find it either after the update. i wish i did not update cause now i cant open it. I proceeded to delete it now its gone.
    If you go to gdialpro.com there is a link to download older versions.
    this seems to be a geat app just can't get a google voice account because it is invite only atm guess i will wait enless someone has a better way
    Thank you soo much Skidmark! Life is good again!
    I don't understand how to use this?

1) Do I need to have this app running in order for it to work? Otherwise I won't get notified of texts/calls sent to that number?
    2) If I text from my regular messaging app or call from my regular phone app, does it show my Sprint number or my Google number?
    3) If I send a text from within gDial, and then continue the conversation in the regular messaging app, does it it keep going with the GV number?

I'm confused as hell when trying to figure which account my phone is actively using.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    I'm not sure if this is an issue with PreWare, gDial Pro, or (most likely) me, but I can no longer find gDial Pro in the App Catalog of PreWare. It shows up under Installed Packages>Unknown, but has no associated information.
    Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by clang1234 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an issue with PreWare, gDial Pro, or (most likely) me, but I can no longer find gDial Pro in the App Catalog of PreWare. It shows up under Installed Packages>Unknown, but has no associated information.
    Any suggestions?
    Go to the official Palm webOS App Catalog. Download AppScoop (a free application). Use AppScoop to download the latest version of gDial Pro, Visual Voicemail, and other apps that are available but not yet Palm-Reviewed.
    The rapid release is the same program, just updated a lot more frequently to those who like to stay at the leading edge of the program. The app catalog version will lag a few versions behind and generally be more stable.
    Does the rapid release version have the Universal Search? I've been using gDial Pro since it's release via Homebrew but Preware not longer shows an update being available, only an install. If I "install" rapid release, will I lose the search functionality?
    fpalm, I notice on some screens I can see the picture of my contact in gdial and some I can't. I can't tell if it is pulling from facebook or the phone for the images.
    Great, all you have to do is run grep gdial /var/log/messages and look for the webdial error line.
    Sorry for the long delay, work has been crazy the past few days....

Anyway, I ran the command, and I got a ton of messages that said that would say something like 'com.gdialpro.gdial-pro.rapid: Not allowed to load local resource: file:///voice/resources/{some .jpg, .png, .gif file}, :0'

I couldn't find any webdial log, though. It might have been in there, and I just missed it because there were so many of the above errors.
    Awesome App, Thanks
  18.    #2318  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtt023 View Post
    Sorry for the long delay, work has been crazy the past few days....

Anyway, I ran the command, and I got a ton of messages that said that would say something like 'com.gdialpro.gdial-pro.rapid: Not allowed to load local resource: file:///voice/resources/{some .jpg, .png, .gif file}, :0'

I couldn't find any webdial log, though. It might have been in there, and I just missed it because there were so many of the above errors.
    Yeah, those are all normal errors (paradox). Weird that there is nothing in there about webdial failing.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  19.    #2319  
    Quote Originally Posted by clang1234 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    I am not sure what the process is where the app goes from Precentral to Preware as normally I just submit to Precentral and it gets picked up from there.

1.1.2, was a dead version. The packaging script just failed and caused it not to work, so I released 1.1.3 almost immediately afterwards. I see 1.1.3 here at Precentral, so I don't know why that hasn't made it to Preware.

Unfortunately, I am not able to test Preware right now to figure it out, but maybe refreshing the Preware feeds from their app will fix it?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    1.1.3 having username/password error with my phone. Reverted back to 1.05 and no issues. ?