Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm using gdial Pro 0.9.8 from homebrew. I tried to webdial today and could not. I am currently connect to internet via wifi so my EVDO is off. Could this be the problem. Will webdial work over wifi or just evdo?

Another question: is it possible to dial (via voicemail) using shorter dtmf tones? My brother has a google dialer for windows mobile that dials WAY faster than gdial pro and works just fine. This would be nice.
  2.    #2282  
    Quote Originally Posted by pfd View Post
    I am also curious about this new gDial Pro - Rapid Release. It has the same icon and release number, but a different developer. Did someone rip you off flpalm? Or did you form a different / new company? If it is also your app, what’s different about it? Thanks
    The rapid release is the same program, just updated a lot more frequently to those who like to stay at the leading edge of the program. The app catalog version will lag a few versions behind and generally be more stable.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #2283  
    Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I'm using gdial Pro 0.9.8 from homebrew. I tried to webdial today and could not. I am currently connect to internet via wifi so my EVDO is off. Could this be the problem. Will webdial work over wifi or just evdo?

Another question: is it possible to dial (via voicemail) using shorter dtmf tones? My brother has a google dialer for windows mobile that dials WAY faster than gdial pro and works just fine. This would be nice.
    Webdial should work over wifi fine. Did you get any error messages? Also, webdial doesn't actually use VOIP to make the call so you do have to have normal cell service so Google can call your cellphone and then connect you to the person you are calling.

As for your second question, it seems to be a limitation with webOS as gDial just passes a dial string to the standard phone app and for some reason, it dials the numbers really slowly. I tried resolving this, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fix this.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    flpalm - what features were released in v 1.1
  5.    #2285  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    flpalm - what features were released in v 1.1
    It was a fix for the people I have beta testing some new features. It also fixed an issue where some of the non-beta users were getting GPS usage notifications when the feature should have been disabled for them until it gets worked out in beta.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hi,

I have been having trouble with gDial Pro for a while, and I cannot seem to find a solution. I am currently running 1.1.0 (but I have been having these troubles in earlier versions as well), and webOS 1.3.5.1. I am sorry if a solution has been posted, but this thread is LOOONNNGGG, and Google searching didn't provide an answer.

Every time I try to make a phone call, the app throws a webdial failed error. Texting is fine, I can access the Google Voice web page, I can get my history. I just cannot place calls. I have all the correct information entered in Preferences (my Google Voice account name, password, my cell phone number then my Google Voice number, and my pin), and I have made sure that my phone is set to 'Mobile' on the Google Voice site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, and I have even doctored my phone recently (not because of this, though). I used to have the gDial Universal Integration patch installed, but I don't have it any more. Any ideas? Thanks.
  7.    #2287  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtt023 View Post
    Hi,

I have been having trouble with gDial Pro for a while, and I cannot seem to find a solution. I am currently running 1.1.0 (but I have been having these troubles in earlier versions as well), and webOS 1.3.5.1. I am sorry if a solution has been posted, but this thread is LOOONNNGGG, and Google searching didn't provide an answer.

Every time I try to make a phone call, the app throws a webdial failed error. Texting is fine, I can access the Google Voice web page, I can get my history. I just cannot place calls. I have all the correct information entered in Preferences (my Google Voice account name, password, my cell phone number then my Google Voice number, and my pin), and I have made sure that my phone is set to 'Mobile' on the Google Voice site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, and I have even doctored my phone recently (not because of this, though). I used to have the gDial Universal Integration patch installed, but I don't have it any more. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Wow, it seems you have followed most of the troubleshooting steps. Are you able to make a call if you visit the Google Voice site in your browser?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Yes, that is how I make calls now. Also, thanks for the quick response!
  9.    #2289  
    Yes, that is how I make calls now. Also, thanks for the quick response!
    That is really odd. Does the non-webdial work?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Yes it does
  11.    #2291  
    I am really at a loss as to what would cause this. If your history loads correctly, then you should be able to webdial as well.

Are you familiar with how to look at log files on your phone? If so, there should be a more specific error message in the logs on the phone itself, that might help troubleshoot it.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I am knowledgeable enough with linux to run terminal (I have it installed) and use it, but I don't know where to look....
  13.    #2293  
    I am knowledgeable enough with linux to run terminal (I have it installed) and use it, but I don't know where to look....
    Great, all you have to do is run grep gdial /var/log/messages and look for the webdial error line.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    flpalm, so I updated from 1.04 so you can get the ad revenue, but now I have lost the ability to flick the voicemails away and delete them. Am I missing something?
  15.    #2295  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    flpalm, so I updated from 1.04 so you can get the ad revenue, but now I have lost the ability to flick the voicemails away and delete them. Am I missing something?
    I modified the "tags" to more accurately reflect the Google Voice site's tags. So you can delete anything from the inbox and it will archive it, but the other lists always show all history.

So basically it is a little bit of a shift in usage pattern, but it matches up with the website. You check the inbox for any new item that you haven't archived yet. Then the other lists are just for looking up old items.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I modified the "tags" to more accurately reflect the Google Voice site's tags. So you can delete anything from the inbox and it will archive it, but the other lists always show all history.

So basically it is a little bit of a shift in usage pattern, but it matches up with the website. You check the inbox for any new item that you haven't archived yet. Then the other lists are just for looking up old items.
    Ok, I see that now. But is it limited to a certain number or timeframe? When I log in on my PC my inbox says I have 49 VM dating back to about 2 weeks ago. However, in the app, the inbox only shows about 12 voicemails from yesterday and Tuesday. There are a lot in the voicemail tab, but not the inbox tab of the app.
  17.    #2297  
    Ok, I see that now. But is it limited to a certain number or timeframe? When I log in on my PC my inbox says I have 49 VM dating back to about 2 weeks ago. However, in the app, the inbox only shows about 12 voicemails from yesterday and Tuesday. There are a lot in the voicemail tab, but not the inbox tab of the app.
    Yeah, it only pulls a max of 50 items in the All tag and then shows them in each of the appropriate lists. So you should have 50 items max in all and then any SMS in all should be in the SMS tab, etc.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    That's tough. Because the "all" takes into account missed calls as well. So for someone like me who only uses google voice for the voicemail, at best I can get 25 voicemails, because the other 25 would be the missed call first. Some days I can get 25 voicemails between the 3 different numbers people reach me on. I think I've seen you posting about this previously. You are waiting on an API that would allow for more correct?
  19.    #2299  
    That's tough. Because the "all" takes into account missed calls as well. So for someone like me who only uses google voice for the voicemail, at best I can get 25 voicemails, because the other 25 would be the missed call first. Some days I can get 25 voicemails between the 3 different numbers people reach me on. I think I've seen you posting about this previously. You are waiting on an API that would allow for more correct?
    Yes I am waiting on an API from them. I may make that amount configurable in a future version, but it will significantly slow down the program which is why I had it where it is with a 50 max limit.

Without the API, every 10 items requires another web call out to the GV site so it slows everything down.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Extremely random suggestion, but any thought of splitting the app in multiple apps? One for SMS, one for the phone, etc. A lot more like the native apps.