Page 113 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Such a bummer that the VMs can't be played out the earpiece. Scared the crap out of me as it was the first time in a long time anyone ever left me a VM
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Would you mind uninstalling the multimod and testing again after a reboot. I thought I remembered someone else telling me in the past that multimod messed up downloads of the voicemail for some reason. It may not be the conflict at all, just something I think I remember being told somewhere by a user.
    Ok, uninstalled multimod, rebooted and tried VV. Same flash of spinner, no recording. I'll try other patches tonight.
    1. Homebrew is up to 1.0.6, while the App Cat is still back at 0.9.7. I previously switched to the App Cat version, just because it was easier (profile backup). Should I switch back to the 'Brew version, or is the App Cat going to catch up?

2. Yes, I would happily pay for an ad-free version. I don't use gDial a lot. But when I need it, I need it ... and it does a great job!
  4.    #2244  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    1. Homebrew is up to 1.0.6, while the App Cat is still back at 0.9.7. I previously switched to the App Cat version, just because it was easier (profile backup). Should I switch back to the 'Brew version, or is the App Cat going to catch up?

2. Yes, I would happily pay for an ad-free version. I don't use gDial a lot. But when I need it, I need it ... and it does a great job!
    There is a new rapid release version that we are pushing through the Palm web distribution method here gDial Pro - Rapid Release

That version will always be as up to date as homebrew. The App Catalog version will be updated periodically as they approve new versions since it takes around 1-2 weeks to get stuff approved through there.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    There is a new rapid release version ...
    That's terrific! Thank you.

Also, I want to recast my vote in favor of an ad-free $ version.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    You should def tweet that link.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Would you mind uninstalling the multimod and testing again after a reboot. I thought I remembered someone else telling me in the past that multimod messed up downloads of the voicemail for some reason. It may not be the conflict at all, just something I think I remember being told somewhere by a user.
    I ran EPR and the problem went away - I could hear voice recording in VV.

But...I then reinstalled all my patches (including multimod) one at a time, restarting luna before testing VV...and I managed to reinstall ALL the patches again while still being able to hear recordings.

So go figure. Does seem probably patch related. But I'm now running the exact same set of patches as when I had the problem, with everything working.
  8.    #2248  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post

But...I then reinstalled all my patches (including multimod) one at a time, restarting luna before testing VV...and I managed to reinstall ALL the patches again while still being able to hear recordings.

So go figure. Does seem probably patch related. But I'm now running the exact same set of patches as when I had the problem, with everything working.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help others who have run into the same problem.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I use google voice for business and would pay for an add free version. I want to have the updates as the come out tho. I don't want to have to wait for the app catalog to update them. I like the homebrew side.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I've been waiting for a Google voice invitation for four Months now, I'm losing all my enthusiam for it. Downloaded the app in Sept. and still can't use it.
    It shouldnt take more than a couple weeks, resubmit it - dont pay for something thats free (someone suggested buying off ebay)
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Just got my gvoice invite last week and set it up today. The gdial app is awesome! VV works flawless. I would also pay for an ad free version in a heartbeat. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    It shouldnt take more than a couple weeks, resubmit it - dont pay for something thats free (someone suggested buying off ebay)
    I guess if it's just a couple of weeks, I can wait. Thanks for the tip.
    forgive me if this has been asked already:

on my commute, my pre picks up the free wifi by my cable company. I get an ip, but have to log in through a default web page to get anything to load.

anyway, if I am not logged in, the pre will still turn off evdo and send data over the wifi - obviously to no avail.

after the defined refresh interval, gdial will try - and fail - to connect to google. I get an error notice on the pre. But gdial will never try again to connect, even if I get to my home wifi or lose the free wifi and drop to evdo

so, can gdial either: confirm it is actually talking to google, or try again at the expected refresh time?

if I manually refresh, all is well. But I have missed a few voicemails this way when the public wifi wouldn't let the data go through. Fortunately, I get an sms from google about the message...
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post

I'm unable to hear VV's on my Pre either. I've had the problem for a while now, even before the latest Pre software upgrade. I've tried the app catalog version and the homebrew without success.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I do have a handful of patches installed and I've tried removing them without success. I may try the EPR once more.
  15.    #2255  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    forgive me if this has been asked already:

on my commute, my pre picks up the free wifi by my cable company. I get an ip, but have to log in through a default web page to get anything to load.

anyway, if I am not logged in, the pre will still turn off evdo and send data over the wifi - obviously to no avail.

after the defined refresh interval, gdial will try - and fail - to connect to google. I get an error notice on the pre. But gdial will never try again to connect, even if I get to my home wifi or lose the free wifi and drop to evdo

so, can gdial either: confirm it is actually talking to google, or try again at the expected refresh time?

if I manually refresh, all is well. But I have missed a few voicemails this way when the public wifi wouldn't let the data go through. Fortunately, I get an sms from google about the message...
    We don't retry after an error until the preferences are changed since that could indicate that the login is incorrect and we don't want to lockout your Google account. It does check whether an internet connection is available before attempting to login, but in this case it appears that it thinks a connection is available since it connects to wifi.

I would actually think that this problem would occur with all apps on the pre when you are connected to this public wifi spot? Seems everything would try to connect and fail.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    yes, true - all apps would fail. But they resume once a valid connection is available. So, before gdial assumes the username and password are invalid, can you check to see it was actually visiting google.com and not a default landing page by the wifi provider?
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I've been waiting for a Google voice invitation for four Months now, I'm losing all my enthusiam for it. Downloaded the app in Sept. and still can't use it.
    Thanks to the several people who have offered to send me an invite (I love this community). I took the first offer and now have my own Google Number and account. Thanks all.
    Every once and awhile I get the invalid username/password error pop up. If I go into the app, nothing appears to be wrong and it functions just like it should. I don't really know what is causing it or how it happens. Just thought I would mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Every once and awhile I get the invalid username/password error pop up. If I go into the app, nothing appears to be wrong and it functions just like it should. I don't really know what is causing it or how it happens. Just thought I would mention it.
    This is what I was describing a few posts ago. I think I nailed it down to the times when I have a wifi connection via my ISP (but have yet to login via their default landing page), and EVDO is off. The login fails (or so gDial thinks, since it gets the landing page for any URL request), and doesn't try again until I manually refresh.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    I'm trying to go back to 1.0.4 but it will not install through WebOS Quick Install. I can't install any of the older versions this way. I can install by the catalog or preward just not WebOS Quick Install. I can install other apps using this method just not gDial Pro. I'm using WebOS Quick Install. Any help would be great. Is there anyway of making the new palm beta web thing to download 1.0.4 or give this one a new name through preware? I HATE the ads. I use the favorites page ALOT & it keeps adjusting the list & if I click on a name before it's done I end up getting the wrong person. I'll pay for this app but I really don't like the ad version. Please help.