Page 112 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    I'd kick in some money for an ad-free version though I have to say the ads are very out of the way and don't detract from the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I'd kick in some money for an ad-free version though I have to say the ads are very out of the way and don't detract from the app.
    Agreed. The ads don't bother me at all, I would just prefer to pay a dollar or two to not have them.

More importantly, I would be more than happy to pay one of the most active developers I've encountered for his/her hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmodiar View Post
    agreed. The ads don't bother me at all, i would just prefer to pay a dollar or two to not have them.

More importantly, i would be more than happy to pay one of the most active developers i've encountered for his/her hard work.
    donate?
    I really don't like having ads in apps. I also think a couple dollars to you helps you out more than ad revenue. Honestly, I'm holding off updating until this version breaks or you have an ad-free version for a few dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    donate?
    Honestly, I've meant to, and kept forgetting.

If I donated at this point, I'd still have to pay for the non-ad supported version though.
    I've been waiting for a Google voice invitation for four Months now, I'm losing all my enthusiam for it. Downloaded the app in Sept. and still can't use it.
    fpalm is one of the few developers that has never had a donate button or even hinted around to it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I vote for charging for the app. I'd prefer not to see ads.

vza33: You can buy a google voice invitation on ebay for a dollar or two.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I'd also vote for charging for an ad-free version.
    Hey Y'all,

New here with possibly an old question: Is there a way to send an SMS to multiple contacts through gdial?
    Now THAT is the million-dollar question! If we could create SMS distribution lists, I'd really fall in love with this app & service!
    I don't get a lot of voice mail, so not sure when this happened, but I've lost the ability to listen to the original voicemail recording - I just get a spinning "wait" indicator that never goes away. Transcripts display just fine.

Bizarre thing: just loaded the Visual Voicemail app and it's working fine. I can listen to recordings there with very little wait.

Possibly related to ad blocking via a /etc/hosts file? I installed a tweaked hosts file a long time ago, and it seems to be preserved across updates w/o my doing anything.

I don't see the ads in the latest gDial Pro, and count myself among the "willing to buy, don't want to look at ads" camp. Maybe the program is waiting to serve up an ad before playing the recording?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I don't get a lot of voice mail, so not sure when this happened, but I've lost the ability to listen to the original voicemail recording - I just get a spinning "wait" indicator that never goes away. Transcripts display just fine.

Bizarre thing: just loaded the Visual Voicemail app and it's working fine. I can listen to recordings there with very little wait.

Possibly related to ad blocking via a /etc/hosts file? I installed a tweaked hosts file a long time ago, and it seems to be preserved across updates w/o my doing anything.

I don't see the ads in the latest gDial Pro, and count myself among the "willing to buy, don't want to look at ads" camp. Maybe the program is waiting to serve up an ad before playing the recording?
    I also cannot listen to my voicemail messages...

I used to be able to. I have been updating alot lately, it seems there are a ton of updates and am on the latest, anybody know what up?
  14.    #2234  

No worries on the ads causing the voicemail issue as the app doesn't require the ads to load before doing anything.

I have had some people mention voicemails not playing, but I have not been able to replicate on my phone at all..... A lot of times people have the volume for "media" turned down and so they just can't hear the voicemail. The solution for that is to press and hold the volume up button as soon as the spinner goes away when you play a voicemail.

But if the spinner is not going away, that may be a problem with the download service that Palm provides for grabbing remote files. I had this happen to me a long time ago on an older webOS version and the solution was to reboot the phone. So maybe try that and let me know of you still have a problem so we can figure it out.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15.    #2235  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdienzo View Post
    Hey Y'all,

New here with possibly an old question: Is there a way to send an SMS to multiple contacts through gdial?
    Yeah its not in there right now, but its been noted on the list I keep for future features.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  16.    #2236  
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki-guy View Post
    My voicemails play out of my external speaker very quietly! Can I get them to play out of earpiece?
    Palm has not provided a way to play audio out of the earpiece yet You can turn up the volume on the voicemails though by just holding volume up while they play.

The phone actually has a "media" volume and "ringer" volume that are separate. You have to change the media volume while media is playing. Any other time, the volume buttons are for the ringer.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I have had some people mention voicemails not playing, but I have not been able to replicate on my phone at all..... A lot of times people have the volume for "media" turned down and so they just can't hear the voicemail. The solution for that is to press and hold the volume up button as soon as the spinner goes away when you play a voicemail.

But if the spinner is not going away, that may be a problem with the download service that Palm provides for grabbing remote files. I had this happen to me a long time ago on an older webOS version and the solution was to reboot the phone. So maybe try that and let me know of you still have a problem so we can figure it out.
    Ok, I uninstalled the program, rebooted my Pre, reinstalled the program.

Now if I hit the "listen" button, it highlights very briefly. Almost simultaneously, I see a flicker that's the spinner, but it goes away almost instantly. No sound or change in the display after that.

Previously, I reported that Visual Voicemail was working fine. But now I see exactly the same behavior there - it I push "listen", I get the button highlight with near simultaneous flicker of a spinner, then nothing.

Removed gDial Pro, reboot again, same behavior in Visual Voicemail - can't listen to recordings.
  18.    #2238  
    Ok, I uninstalled the program, rebooted my Pre, reinstalled the program.

Now if I hit the "listen" button, it highlights very briefly. Almost simultaneously, I see a flicker that's the spinner, but it goes away almost instantly. No sound or change in the display after that.

Previously, I reported that Visual Voicemail was working fine. But now I see exactly the same behavior there - it I push "listen", I get the button highlight with near simultaneous flicker of a spinner, then nothing.

Removed gDial Pro, reboot again, same behavior in Visual Voicemail - can't listen to recordings.
    Very odd. Do you have any custom Preware stuff installed? I just want to see if there is a possible conflict somewhere in there.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Very odd. Do you have any custom Preware stuff installed? I just want to see if there is a possible conflict somewhere in there.
    Yes, quite a few patches:

4x4 icons v2
    add date - MM/DD
    all-day events in month view
    battery icon as percent
    **brightness in device menu
    call duration in call log
    character counter
    charging alert vibrate only
    close on hangup
    close slider to end calls except headset
    emoticons - symkey
    enable add/delete pages
    flashlight in device menu
    hide media sync
    hide musicplayer app
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    just charge by default
    keytoss keyword search
    match state to area code
    multimod
    reduce minimum brightness
    reset to middle page
    show download count
    timestamps -fancy
    unhide dev mode icon
  20.    #2240  
    Yes, quite a few patches:

4x4 icons v2
    add date - MM/DD
    all-day events in month view
    battery icon as percent
    **brightness in device menu
    call duration in call log
    character counter
    charging alert vibrate only
    close on hangup
    close slider to end calls except headset
    emoticons - symkey
    enable add/delete pages
    flashlight in device menu
    hide media sync
    hide musicplayer app
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    just charge by default
    keytoss keyword search
    match state to area code
    multimod
    reduce minimum brightness
    reset to middle page
    show download count
    timestamps -fancy
    unhide dev mode icon
    Would you mind uninstalling the multimod and testing again after a reboot. I thought I remembered someone else telling me in the past that multimod messed up downloads of the voicemail for some reason. It may not be the conflict at all, just something I think I remember being told somewhere by a user.
    Become a fan on Facebook