Page 109 of 145 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #2161  
    My Preware version updated just fine to version 1.0.1

    Maybe ya'lls gDial Pro app didn't get migrated properly and the install silently fails? Or maybe it's successful and puts the new version in the USB partition correctly, but when you try to load the app it loads the old version from the old app partition instead.
  2.    #2162  
    Yeah I don't think it is the Emergency Migration Helper as I did NOT run that at all.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #2163  
    Seems like it might be. Just out of curiosity, have you ever run any of the prerelease versions from Palm as part of the developer program? I want to see if there is some commonality to our issue.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. #2164  
    My install was just fine as well. It shows version 1.0.1. Here is my sequence of events. Ran EPR, ran Jason's repair utility with override compatibility checked, ran WebOSDoctor for 1.3.1, upgraded to 1.3.5, reinstalled current version (I believe 0.9.8 at the time) using WebOSQuickInstall, and then upgraded via filecoaster. I have not ran any developer prerelease versions. Hope this can help.
  5.    #2165  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    My install was just fine as well. It shows version 1.0.1. Here is my sequence of events. Ran EPR, ran Jason's repair utility with override compatibility checked, ran WebOSDoctor for 1.3.1, upgraded to 1.3.5, reinstalled current version (I believe 0.9.8 at the time) using WebOSQuickInstall, and then upgraded via filecoaster. I have not ran any developer prerelease versions. Hope this can help.
    Thanks, I am going to doctor my phone this morning to see if it works after I do that.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6.    #2166  
    So for anyone having this issue, I had to go into my phone and do a full reset from the phone info piece and then doctor the phone. Now I can install the latest version of gDial Pro 1.0.1.

    I have no idea what the issue was, but that made it go away. I will let everyone know if I find any cause to the issue.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  7. #2167  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    My Preware version updated just fine to version 1.0.1

    Maybe ya'lls gDial Pro app didn't get migrated properly and the install silently fails? Or maybe it's successful and puts the new version in the USB partition correctly, but when you try to load the app it loads the old version from the old app partition instead.
    I think there is a good possibility this is the problem. If you ran EMH, your gDial 0.98 is in the USB portion, and the update will work fine as that is where it gets installed with 1.3.5. If you don't run EMH, and then upgrade to 1.0.1, I bet it is either silently failing or installing successfully to the USB portion, and not changing the launcher to use the USB one and still using the old.
  8.    #2168  
    I just posted 1.0.2 now that I can install it on my device.

    v1.0.2
    -Fix for problem where history would not show up on initial load
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  9. #2169  
    1.0.2 installed and working great for me. I had just doctored my pre a few days ago and lost all of my history and settings. I set it back up today, and I have a question regarding the historical messages/voicemails. Is there a fixed limit (days?) that it pulls this information down for? I only see 1 voicemail listed and this was from 2 days ago. However when I look online or using Visual Voicemail, there are 33 items in the voicemail list (going back to months). I checked in the prefs for gDial and did not see any settings for length of history. Any ideas?
  10.    #2170  
    v1.0.3
    -Initial implementation of swipe to archive history
    -Modified the code for notifications to eliminate the duplicate notifications that were happening
    -Changed default history pulling to now pull inbox instead of all history (So your inbox on the web should mostly sync with the device)
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #2171  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    1.0.2 installed and working great for me. I had just doctored my pre a few days ago and lost all of my history and settings. I set it back up today, and I have a question regarding the historical messages/voicemails. Is there a fixed limit (days?) that it pulls this information down for? I only see 1 voicemail listed and this was from 2 days ago. However when I look online or using Visual Voicemail, there are 33 items in the voicemail list (going back to months). I checked in the prefs for gDial and did not see any settings for length of history. Any ideas?
    It limits to the last 50 items. This used to be from all history, but as of 1.0.3 which I just released it grabs from the inbox.

    Visual Voicemail only pulls the last 50 from all voicemail history, so it will by its nature pull down a lot older voicemails.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12. #2172  
    I've only used the emulator and never used the SDK with my physical Pre. I didn't run the Preware migration app either. I guess I was just lucky.

    1.3.5 really seems like a crapshoot. Mine updated just fine, but my friend had to doctor his since it went so badly. He couldn't download any apps from Preware or the app catalog and all his program save data were missing.
  13. #2173  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    This used to be from all history, but as of 1.0.3 which I just released it grabs from the inbox.
    Is this a limitation on Google's part or just a change you made?

    I am uber OCD about keeping my Google Voice and Gmail accounts clean and archive everything I see, but I use gDial Pro on the go and use it to access my history and review my messages. If I archive something on the web then gDial Pro just ignores it and I can't view it on my phone? This seems like a huge limitation for me.

    If it is just a modification then I would really like an option to keep the last N items of history synced regardless of archive'dness for usefulness reasons.

    Thanks.
  14.    #2174  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    Is this a limitation on Google's part or just a change you made?

    I am uber OCD about keeping my Google Voice and Gmail accounts clean and archive everything I see, but I use gDial Pro on the go and use it to access my history and review my messages. If I archive something on the web then gDial Pro just ignores it and I can't view it on my phone? This seems like a huge limitation for me.

    If it is just a modification then I would really like an option to keep the last N items of history synced regardless of archive'dness for usefulness reasons.

    Thanks.
    There is a constant tradeoff I have to make to keep the app running fast on the Pre and since there is no API per se at Google Voice, it can make for some unhappy compromises.

    So as of 1.0.3 it will only pull new items from the inbox. If gDial pulls them first then no worries on archiving as it doesn't sync. You can archive what you don't want in gDial and it will archive at GV as well as on the phone. But if you archive at GV, that doesn't then remove it from your history on gDial.

    The biggest feature request I have had from people recently is to allow for deletion/archiving from the phone so I figured this would be the way to do it given the boundaries I have to work within with the device/API. Please everyone give me feedback though as to how you like it, how it could be changed, or any thoughts/suggestions on it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15.    #2175  
    Also, one more followup. Archiving from the ALL tab in gDial does not remove the item from the SMS tab if it is SMS. You would have to delete in both to have it removed from both.

    This is either a feature or bug depending on your view of things.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  16. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #2176  
    Thanks for all the great updates. No issues to report so far.
  17. #2177  
    Would it be possible to add in 2 preferences to the Settings page?

    1. Max number of items to download for history, in case ppl want more than 50
    2. Allow user to choose to pull from Inbox or from all history
  18. #2178  
    I am loving the new update. Did anyone else notice the different things you can do in the mobile google voice app, from the icon with this app. They appear to have increased the functionality or maybe I just didn't try it before. I really like the swipe to delete. A++
  19. #2179  
    AMAZING!!!!! For me this app is now complete. Anything else would simply be the cherry on top. I now no longer need to keep google voice up on my pc all day. Thank you flpalm. Hands down most useful app on my Pre. And you can quote me in your marketing... :-)
  20. #2180  
    Google should just pay you for developing this and make it the official Google Voice app on the Pre. :-)

Posting Permissions