Page 108 of 145 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #2141  
    Quote Originally Posted by guydog View Post
    Is this a confirmed issue with 1.3.5 for you as well? Also, the JsTop bug that I noted a few posts ago, had me a bit concerned. Are you able to confirm this issue also?
    Yes it does seem to be the case on my end. Unfortunately it is nothing I have control over or the ability to change since it relies on the Palm alarm service to wake it back up.

    As for the JsTop issue, I am able to replicate, but I don't know why/what would cause it. You might try reporting it to the JsTop developer to see if he/she has any input.

    I will say that from some testing I have been doing using the Palm developer tools, there appears to be an issue with webOS and background tasks currently. It doesn't always seem to shut them down when they have finished running, like it should. Unfortunately, that is all the information I have at this time on it as the debug tools are a bit primitive still in the SDK.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2. #2142  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yes it does seem to be the case on my end. Unfortunately it is nothing I have control over or the ability to change since it relies on the Palm alarm service to wake it back up.

    As for the JsTop issue, I am able to replicate, but I don't know why/what would cause it. You might try reporting it to the JsTop developer to see if he/she has any input.

    I will say that from some testing I have been doing using the Palm developer tools, there appears to be an issue with webOS and background tasks currently. It doesn't always seem to shut them down when they have finished running, like it should. Unfortunately, that is all the information I have at this time on it as the debug tools are a bit primitive still in the SDK.
    I have posted the question to the JsTop thread here
    Last edited by guydog; 12/31/2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: edit bad url
  3. #2143  
    An idea hit me yesterday as I was making a call. If possible, maybe you can add an option to toggle this on/off.

    I use gDial with the universal integration patch enabled. So whenever I wanna call someone I just type their name/speed dial & select the number. gDial opens up & then quickly switches to the phone app to dial out. I also use the Twee app & noticed that when you open it, it initially brings up an account selection card & then switches to the actual app in a new card, closing the first card.

    My idea is: Is it possible to add an option to the preferences menu (that is grayed out & only unlocked if you have the universal integration patch installed) that will ask if you want the gdial card automatically closed when switching to the phone app, just like it does with Twee.

    That way when we are done with calls, we don't have to close out 2 cards. I don't know, I was just brainstorming.
    Follow Me On

  4. #2144  
    I like that idea.
  5.    #2145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    An idea hit me yesterday as I was making a call. If possible, maybe you can add an option to toggle this on/off.

    I use gDial with the universal integration patch enabled. So whenever I wanna call someone I just type their name/speed dial & select the number. gDial opens up & then quickly switches to the phone app to dial out. I also use the Twee app & noticed that when you open it, it initially brings up an account selection card & then switches to the actual app in a new card, closing the first card.

    My idea is: Is it possible to add an option to the preferences menu (that is grayed out & only unlocked if you have the universal integration patch installed) that will ask if you want the gdial card automatically closed when switching to the phone app, just like it does with Twee.

    That way when we are done with calls, we don't have to close out 2 cards. I don't know, I was just brainstorming.
    Yep, something like that would be possible I think. Right now I am reworking the background checking on it, but I will maybe add that in as well as it shouldn't be too hard to do.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. #2146  
    flpalm, did you ever look into a way of removing voicemails from the phone instead of having to log into GV from a computer, delete from there, come back to gdial and reset, and refresh voicemail count?
  7.    #2147  
    Version 1.0.1 is now out and was a major change in the underlying code for background updating to fix some "poor interactions" with newer webOS updates.

    Didn't get to squeeze any features in just yet other than to make it more stable and it should use less memory when closed as there was something that changed in webOS causing it not to clear its memory in between background updates.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8. #2148  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Version 1.0.1 is now out and was a major change in the underlying code for background updating to fix some "poor interactions" with newer webOS updates.

    Didn't get to squeeze any features in just yet other than to make it more stable and it should use less memory when closed as there was something that changed in webOS causing it not to clear its memory in between background updates.
    Hey, I have tested out 1.0.1. Notifications are now displayed after a reboot without opening gDial. Excellent work. However, I noticed the changelog said about fixing compatibility with JsTop. If I open JsTop while gDial is open, it doesn't work. Then, as soon as I close gDial, JsTop starts working again.

    A new thing I have noticed with 1.0.1, is that, when you open gDial, it opens to where you were last time (which is expected). However, if that was your history items, they are blank when you it first loads. If you click to another screen (like the dialer), and then back to history, everything shows up again.
  9. simba65's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #2149  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Version 1.0.1 is now out and was a major change in the underlying code for background updating to fix some "poor interactions" with newer webOS updates.

    Didn't get to squeeze any features in just yet other than to make it more stable and it should use less memory when closed as there was something that changed in webOS causing it not to clear its memory in between background updates.
    Curious; I've installed 1.01 several different ways (PreWare, WebOSQuickinstall), but when I go to HELP, it still says ver 0.9.8..
    I've unstalled it everytime also..
    I'm gonna uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and see what happens..
  10. simba65's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #2150  
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    Curious; I've installed 1.01 several different ways (PreWare, WebOSQuickinstall), but when I go to HELP, it still says ver 0.9.8..
    I've unstalled it everytime also..
    I'm gonna uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and see what happens..
    Nope, the .ipk says "com.palm_.natebiz.gdial-pro_1.0.1_all.ipk", but HELP says 0.9.8 after install it..
    Am I the only one experiencing this?
  11.    #2151  
    Quote Originally Posted by guydog View Post
    Hey, I have tested out 1.0.1. Notifications are now displayed after a reboot without opening gDial. Excellent work. However, I noticed the changelog said about fixing compatibility with JsTop. If I open JsTop while gDial is open, it doesn't work. Then, as soon as I close gDial, JsTop starts working again.

    A new thing I have noticed with 1.0.1, is that, when you open gDial, it opens to where you were last time (which is expected). However, if that was your history items, they are blank when you it first loads. If you click to another screen (like the dialer), and then back to history, everything shows up again.
    Thanks for reporting this. I was able to replicate it and I will work on the fix for it. The blank list should be a simple fix which I will get out in the next day or so.

    The JsTop is weird because I thought I had tested it multiple times and it was working. Oh well, I will see if there is some way to fix that as well.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12.    #2152  
    Quote Originally Posted by acherry View Post
    Nope, the .ipk says "com.palm_.natebiz.gdial-pro_1.0.1_all.ipk", but HELP says 0.9.8 after install it..
    Am I the only one experiencing this?
    This is very odd, as I usually use my catalog version in day to day use so I didn't even notice, but installing the homebrew succeeds, but then doesn't really install it. So on my development device, I do a palm-install which says it installed the app, but then the app does not show up in application list or anywhere on the device from the terminal.

    This is very strange behavior and must be something new in 1.3.5 with com.palm apps. I have jstop on my phone which is com.palm as well and it is there, but gDial is not. Might take some more debugging. I assume some of you are able to install the homebrew since there were people reporting bugs....
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #2153  
    So there is an issue with webOS that you cannot install an app over version 1.0.0 within the com.palm namespace which is needed for the extra features only found in the homebrew. I sent a message to the Preware team to see if they might be able to work around this somehow.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14. #2154  
    ...wait, I'm confused. I have the homebrew version installed...and both the help menu and Device Info list both show that I have version 1.0.1 installed.

    Why would I not be having this problem?
  15.    #2155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    ...wait, I'm confused. I have the homebrew version installed...and both the help menu and Device Info list both show that I have version 1.0.1 installed.

    Why would I not be having this problem?
    I have no idea. I can replicate it on my Pre over and over. If I change the version number in the config file and nothing else I can make it either install or fail to install.

    And the problem is that since this isn't officially supported by Palm to use the com.palm namespace there is likely little help to come from their side on it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  16. #2156  
    I don't know if this will help or not...but I never bothered to run the EMH to move everything onto the USB Partition. Since I wasn't having any problems installing 1.3.5 and all of the apps I had already installed worked just fine, I didn't see the point in taking the risk of f-ing everything up.
  17. #2157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I don't know if this will help or not...but I never bothered to run the EMH to move everything onto the USB Partition. Since I wasn't having any problems installing 1.3.5 and all of the apps I had already installed worked just fine, I didn't see the point in taking the risk of f-ing everything up.
    I am running 1.0.1 installed through PreWare. When I click help, it shows version 1.0.1. I *DID* run the Emergency Migration Helper. Hope that helps.
  18. #2158  
    who knows when we will be able to make voip calls over gdial or thru google voice for that matter?
  19. simba65's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #2159  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I have no idea. I can replicate it on my Pre over and over. If I change the version number in the config file and nothing else I can make it either install or fail to install.

    And the problem is that since this isn't officially supported by Palm to use the com.palm namespace there is likely little help to come from their side on it.
    I removed all patches (using EPR) and unistalled GDial.. Rebooted, recanned (just for giggles) and installed the latest .ipk.. Still comes up as ver. 0.9.8..
    The result is the same regardless if i install via Preware, Filecoaster or WebOSQuickInstall.
    Very odd..

    I'm curious; is it just me and the creator (FLPalm) producing this issue?
  20. #2160  
    Mines updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions