Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    I got to say this got to be the best google voice app period. I downloaded the google voice app for blackberry yesterday and its just crap.
  2.    #2122  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Did you make speed improvements in the 0.9.8 update also, flpalm? Unless its placebo, my app is much faster and the whole Pre runs much better with the app running. Before the whole phone would slow down to a crawl.
    I did update the Closure javascript compiler from Google, but otherwise no, I really didn't do anything else in this build other than fixing that bug.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I haven't seen this behavior but it is possible. Just to help me maybe locate the issue, does this happen for every SMS?

Also, is the phone number the SMS was from only associated with a single contact in your contacts? Just trying to track down the issue for you.
    Im not sure that it happens with every SMS. I just started using the program about week ago and seems like it is every time. the number is only for a single contact. but this happens with different contacts not just one. hope this helps.
    In the latest version, does it give you the option for phone dial vs web dial for your favorite contacts too?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have figured out how to listen to voicemails privately (just like when you press "1" or the voicemail icon).
    1. Add a speed dial to your GV# (I use "V")
    2. Change the settings on your cell number in GV to not need your PIN (click 'show advanced settings')

Then all you have to do is press (and hold) "V" and you are in your mailbox.
    SPH-8500-->600-->650-->700-->755p-->Pre
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Help improve transcription quality
    Google Voice Blog: Help improve transcription quality

Thursday, December 10, 2009 | 1:37 PM

Google Voice automatically transcribes voicemail messages so you can get a sense of what messages are about without needing to listen to them. The automated process sometimes works great, sometimes not so well. But we're committed to making it better. After all, my friends don't call me "ten cent" in real life!

There are many variables that influence the quality of transcripts, from background noise, to caller accent, to connection quality, and more. Having a pool of messages that can be used to gauge accuracy is very useful in that respect.

And this is where you can help by "donating" some of your voicemail messages. Until now, the only feedback you could give was to let us know if the quality of the transcript was good enough to be useful or not, by checking the corresponding box next to the message. You can now go one step further by letting us figure out why it was good or bad. When you rate a transcript, you will be asked whether you would like to donate the message. You have three options:

The messages you donate may be listened to, manually transcribed by us and/or used to gauge transcription improvements over time, but they will never be made public or used for any other purpose than improving the transcription quality.

And if you're feeling generous, you can go back to old messages you previously rated and donate those, too!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by Vincent Paquet

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    I did update the Closure javascript compiler from Google, but otherwise no, I really didn't do anything else in this build other than fixing that bug.
    Yeah since I made that post the app started slowing down again :-( LOL But I hope once palm releases 1.3.5 and its app performance improvements this app will see a big boost too!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Basic question: phone icon versus W? I can make calls with the W but not the phone icon. I can make calls through the mobile website. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with QuickInstall. I have clicked the lower right icon in the app and checked my settings via the mobile website while inside the app.

Any ideas? Or does it not matter which way I make calls?

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Basic question: phone icon versus W? I can make calls with the W but not the phone icon. I can make calls through the mobile website. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with QuickInstall. I have clicked the lower right icon in the app and checked my settings via the mobile website while inside the app.

Any ideas? Or does it not matter which way I make calls?
    I was having the same problem until I put a "1" before my cell number in the gDial Pro Preferences.
    hey fpalm can you make the vibration feedback a little stronger. Messing around with the settings for the palm phone app settings I found that 250-300 gives a pretty strong vibration. I don't know about others but this would give me confirmation that I dialed a digit.
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/26/2009 at 02:02 AM.
  11.    #2131  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey fpalm can you make the vibration feedback a little stronger. Messing around with the settings for the palm phone app settings I found that 250-300 gives a pretty strong vibration. I don't know about others but this would give me confirmation that I dialed a digit.
    Which vibration? The notification of number press?

Also, in the app catalog version I am not able to configure the vibration amount due to API limitations.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    For the Homebrew version, is there any way to get our settings back after installing the 1.3.5 update or do we just have to configure gDial again?
  13.    #2133  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    For the Homebrew version, is there any way to get our settings back after installing the 1.3.5 update or do we just have to configure gDial again?
    Not that I know of. The preferences saving all uses an API provided by Palm. For some reason they clear the area we are using during the upgrade process so it necessitates a reconfig by the user
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I do not get new notifications from gDial when I boot my phone. The notifications do not begin until after I have run gDial for the first time. After closing it, it seems the background notifications start working. But if the phone is off, and I turn it on, and do not startup gDial, I get no notifications of new voicemails of missed calls. Is this expected behavior or a bug? Thanks!
    Which vibration? The notification of number press?

Also, in the app catalog version I am not able to configure the vibration amount due to API limitations.
    Yes the key presses. I don't use the app catalog version just homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by guydog View Post
    I do not get new notifications from gDial when I boot my phone. The notifications do not begin until after I have run gDial for the first time. After closing it, it seems the background notifications start working. But if the phone is off, and I turn it on, and do not startup gDial, I get no notifications of new voicemails of missed calls. Is this expected behavior or a bug? Thanks!
    Also, running JsTop (from homebrew, a task manager for webOS) when I boot the phone does not show any gDial Processes (it does show all of the system processes). However, after I run gDial once, JsTop no longer works, displaying only one process of ID '9999', no names, -1 Nodes, and 0 Handles (it no longer shows any system processes). So far gDial is the only app that seems to cause this? Can anyone else reproduce it?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I lovvvvve gdial pro. I use it alllll the time. The only problem I have is that I get repeat notifications. I will look at a missed call and even click on it. Then (sometimes) several minutes later, I will get the same message to pop up once and remind me the same thing. Is it something that I can fix or that anyone else if having problems with?
    I seem to be having the same problem. Voicemail notifications don't pop up until I open gDial after a restart. I do have background notification enable. Also, notifications don't seem to clear up after they are touched. It seems to take a second touch to make them as read.
  19.    #2139  
    This might be some new change Palm has done in 1.3.5. The alarms that gDial uses are supposed to survive a reboot, but Palm may have introduced a bug where this does not occur in their new release.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    This might be some new change Palm has done in 1.3.5. The alarms that gDial uses are supposed to survive a reboot, but Palm may have introduced a bug where this does not occur in their new release.
    Is this a confirmed issue with 1.3.5 for you as well? Also, the JsTop bug that I noted a few posts ago, had me a bit concerned. Are you able to confirm this issue also?