Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    I have just done a restore, deleted gDial Pro, re-downloaded from the app store (now 0.9.7) and web dial STILL doesn't work for me. I have never modded/homebrewed this phone. Running WebOS 1.3.1. My Gvoice settings are correct, I'm able to SMS, view/review voicemail, etc. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

EDIT: Went into the Mobile settings page and manually selected my Pre from the 'Phones' selection on the settings page within the gDial app, even though I'd selected it through the settings page from my laptop previously. It now shows "My Mobile Number: +1..." and works correctly.
    Last edited by JasonU; 12/04/2009 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonU View Post
    I have just done a restore, deleted gDial Pro, re-downloaded from the app store (now 0.9.7) and web dial STILL doesn't work for me. I have never modded/homebrewed this phone. Running WebOS 1.3.1. My Gvoice settings are correct, I'm able to SMS, view/review voicemail, etc. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas?
    Jason Im in the same boat as you. I can't get web dial to work in (0.9.7). The funny thing is that web dial did work for me in other versions of Gdail pro, Maybe on the next update it will work again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    Jason Im in the same boat as you. I can't get web dial to work in (0.9.7). The funny thing is that web dial did work for me in other versions of Gdail pro, Maybe on the next update it will work again.
    Hi Cuthroat, see my edit above. I clicked the settings icon on the far bottom right in the gDial app, clicked on 'Settings', clicked 'Phones', selected my Pre, saved, and it now works. Not sure why I had to specify my phone within gDial settings AND the Gvoice mobile settings page, but that's what it took for it to work.
    Thank you so much Jason web dial is working now!
    Since on the Pre we can't add signatures to text messages I was wondering would it be possible to have customs signatures in the text message part of this app? I really missed that from all my 'dumb' phones
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a Google Voice invite that they could send me - jayfollin@gmail.com - I have requested one through Google's website but still haven't heard anything from them.

Thanks
    Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by jfol View Post
    Does anyone have a Google Voice invite that they could send me - jayfollin@gmail.com - I have requested one through Google's website but still haven't heard anything from them.

Thanks
    Jay
    Sent.
    flpalm,

I noticed something and I wondered if it wouldn't be a hard thing to change. When I fly and my phone is in airplane mode, sometimes an error pops up saying gdial cannot connect check username and password or something like that. Now, obviously it cannot connect since it is in airplane mode. Is there a way to have it check first if it is in airplane mode and then if wifi is on? Then, if the first is true and the second is false, not have it try and update the account. Would this be easy to implement?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Sent.
    Got it - Thanks
    is anyone having trouble listening to their voicemails today?
  11.    #2111  
    It it supposed to not notify of the login errors when there is no Internet connections. I will take a look at it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Web Dial through th GDial interface still not working for me. I have to use the Mobile web interface via the right-most tab.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Web Dial through th GDial interface still not working for me. I have to use the Mobile web interface via the right-most tab.
    Try adding a "1" before your cell number, thats what worked for me.
  14.    #2114  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    flpalm,

I noticed something and I wondered if it wouldn't be a hard thing to change. When I fly and my phone is in airplane mode, sometimes an error pops up saying gdial cannot connect check username and password or something like that. Now, obviously it cannot connect since it is in airplane mode. Is there a way to have it check first if it is in airplane mode and then if wifi is on? Then, if the first is true and the second is false, not have it try and update the account. Would this be easy to implement?
    I just uploaded 0.9.8 which fixes this. Please test and verify that with no Internet access, you shouldn't be notified of any errors.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I receive a new SMS message on my GV number and i get a notice with gdial pro. I then open it read it and close the program. Then in a few mins i get another notice saying i have another new message when in fact it is the one i just read.
  16.    #2116  
    Quote Originally Posted by eball218 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I receive a new SMS message on my GV number and i get a notice with gdial pro. I then open it read it and close the program. Then in a few mins i get another notice saying i have another new message when in fact it is the one i just read.
    I haven't seen this behavior but it is possible. Just to help me maybe locate the issue, does this happen for every SMS?

Also, is the phone number the SMS was from only associated with a single contact in your contacts? Just trying to track down the issue for you.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Since on the Pre we can't add signatures to text messages
    There's a good reason for that. Text messages are meant to be short, that's why there is a character limit on it. Do you really need signatures eating up your alloted amount of characters? Also, if I was texting with someone, I would find it very annoying to see a signature on each and every text sent by that person. What's the point?
    flpalm:

Do you have a separate thread for the discussion of Visual Voicemail?

I've read, that the new version checks for voicemail updates every 5 minutes... does this mean its connecting to the internet every time, and perhaps wasting battery life (for those who wish to not have it update that frequently)?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  19.    #2119  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    flpalm:

Do you have a separate thread for the discussion of Visual Voicemail?

I've read, that the new version checks for voicemail updates every 5 minutes... does this mean its connecting to the internet every time, and perhaps wasting battery life (for those who wish to not have it update that frequently)?
    No I hadn't started up a separate thread on it, yet. But it does check every 5 minutes by connecting to the internet. I haven't seen much of a battery drain on my device and I wanted to make it simple for end users as gDial's preferences are a little overwhelming to some. I might add in an update check time in a future version though in some simple format.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Did you make speed improvements in the 0.9.8 update also, flpalm? Unless its placebo, my app is much faster and the whole Pre runs much better with the app running. Before the whole phone would slow down to a crawl.