Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    So you mean, if I click on the far right tab with the callout and phone icon, archive a message there, go back to the document icon, bring up the menu and click reset history, then refresh history, it should clear out those archived ones? If so, that's all I really need, but I thought I tried that earlier this week and it didn't do it. I'll have to test it again.

By the way, my asking you about this doesn't mean I'm not happy with the app. You've done a tremendous job on the app. I probably use it more than any other app and I don't even use it for the phone service. Just voicemail service. Great job. And thanks for the constant updates. Even if it isn't something I feel like will benefit me, I love seeing them because it means you are constantly working on it trying to make it better.
    ahhh still need google voice account
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Are you planning to add in the preferences the ability to customize notification?

It would be nice to have the following:
    Sound File selection
    Volume level (it seems that the notification plays softer in gDial Pro)
    Repeating notification (allow the user to have notification repeat till killed)

Speed.
    I have noticed that the speed to which I get SMS message is much slower than through the native SMS app. The native app maybe in a minute where as for gDial Pro it can be 2-3 minutes or even more. Any thoughts on how to speed this up?
  4.    #2064  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Are you planning to add in the preferences the ability to customize notification?

It would be nice to have the following:
    Sound File selection
    Volume level (it seems that the notification plays softer in gDial Pro)
    Repeating notification (allow the user to have notification repeat till killed)

Speed.
    I have noticed that the speed to which I get SMS message is much slower than through the native SMS app. The native app maybe in a minute where as for gDial Pro it can be 2-3 minutes or even more. Any thoughts on how to speed this up?
    Thanks for your feedback. I have looked into the sound issue in the past, but I think that was before Palm opened up some of their API's so I need to revisit to see what is possible on this front.

As for the text receiving speed, there is the issue that gDial uses a pull setup where it has to pull updates from Google every X minutes depending on your settings. When you are viewing a text message itself, then the update runs every 30 seconds to provide a quicker reception of texts when you are involved in a conversation. Otherwise the best speed you can set is every 1 minute while the program is running or every 5 minutes while it is closed.

While the program is open, faster speeds could be possible, but would use up more battery, etc.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beandipsupreme View Post
    ahhh still need google voice account
    PM me, I have google voice invites....
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So i'm alittle confused. how does webdial work? I get a webdial failed message. Can i call out from the gdial app and if so does it dial out of my google # or my cell #?
    hey fpalm I was wondering is there a way to add a feature to gdial pro so that when if you get a phone call and can't answer at that moment, there can be an option to ignore with a text message with a predefined message?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. I have looked into the sound issue in the past, but I think that was before Palm opened up some of their API's so I need to revisit to see what is possible on this front.

As for the text receiving speed, there is the issue that gDial uses a pull setup where it has to pull updates from Google every X minutes depending on your settings. When you are viewing a text message itself, then the update runs every 30 seconds to provide a quicker reception of texts when you are involved in a conversation. Otherwise the best speed you can set is every 1 minute while the program is running or every 5 minutes while it is closed.

While the program is open, faster speeds could be possible, but would use up more battery, etc.
    Very helpful. Bummer, I see the issue with battery life. I just have noticed that I have gotten some SMS messages a lot later because of gDial Pro not being open and polling only every 5 minutes. Having it open would be every 1 minute as I have it set, but have to remember to have it open all the time.

Right now I have GV sending me SMS as well to my phone so that I can compare the performance of the two and so that I get SMS messages quickly.

Hope you can do something about the alerts. Thanks again.
    fpalm, archiving the message doesn't move it out of the voicemail tab when I reset and refresh the history. Surely I'm not the only person who would like to get rid of the voicemails from the phone vs. a computer?
  10.    #2070  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Very helpful. Bummer, I see the issue with battery life. I just have noticed that I have gotten some SMS messages a lot later because of gDial Pro not being open and polling only every 5 minutes. Having it open would be every 1 minute as I have it set, but have to remember to have it open all the time.

Right now I have GV sending me SMS as well to my phone so that I can compare the performance of the two and so that I get SMS messages quickly.

Hope you can do something about the alerts. Thanks again.
    The 5 minute limitation when closed is a Palm imposed limit right now. Maybe they will remove this in a future revision of the API and then I can make it check every minute when closed.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #2071  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    fpalm, archiving the message doesn't move it out of the voicemail tab when I reset and refresh the history. Surely I'm not the only person who would like to get rid of the voicemails from the phone vs. a computer?
    Okay, I think I know why on this. I will look into what can be done to resolve it. Thanks for the report.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    hi all. what is the differance between web dial and regular dial on gdial? does any of them dont use my plans minuets?
    also, if i dial a cell phone using gdial, is it still considered part of the sprint free to all mobiles? thanx
    I'm new to gdial and the Pre. I currently have 0.9.7 of gdial installed but webdial does not work for me. What version is pending on the Palm app store?
  14.    #2074  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I'm new to gdial and the Pre. I currently have 0.9.7 of gdial installed but webdial does not work for me. What version is pending on the Palm app store?
    That is the latest version. Does the app work with webdial turned off in the preferences?

The other thing to check is that on Google Voice you have your cell phone number registered and also that it is marked as mobile and not home.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    can't get past the preferences screen on gdial? Help?
    hey fpalm I was wondering is there a way to add a feature to gdial pro so that when you get a phone call, there can be an option to ignore with a text message with a predefined message?
  17.    #2077  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey fpalm I was wondering is there a way to add a feature to gdial pro so that when you get a phone call, there can be an option to ignore with a text message with a predefined message?
    Unfortunately not at this time due to API restrictions.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #2078  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    can't get past the preferences screen on gdial? Help?
    You should just need to enter the username, password, and cell phone number.

Then do a back swipe and you are set. There is some UI requirement at Palm that the preferences screen not have a submit button. Or at least there was. I actually have a submit button commented out in the code due to this.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok, couple of things I need cleared up.

1. I still get Invalid Username/Password. I do have a Google account and a Google voice account, they are the same, they have the same password. I know this because I sign into Google voice directly with the same username and password as I use to sign into gmail. Still get the error, am I missing something?

2. Webdial, is the release to fix the "Webdial Failed" out yet?

Thanks
    The image if it is associated with contact by the original user in gmail it shows up in history and favorites of gDial Pro. However, if you associate the photograph in your contact list, it fails to show in gDial Pro. As opposed to this, in Quick Contacts program, the photograph will show up in either case, with priority goes to whatever you have associated pics with in your contact list. Am I clear? It will be nice if photograph or image shows up even if it is assigned by yourself in the gmail contact list. Enjoy using the great program. Thanks.