Page 103 of 145 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    You are supposed to hear the lady talking if using non web dial. Are you dialing a 10 digit or 7 digit number? Are you pressing any buttons while she is talking?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You are supposed to hear the lady talking if using non web dial. Are you dialing a 10 digit or 7 digit number? Are you pressing any buttons while she is talking?
    I hear the lady talking.
    ten digit number
    I'm not pressing any buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawgmon View Post
    I hear the lady talking.
    ten digit number
    I'm not pressing any buttons
    update... I tried it over and over and sometimes it works some tomes I get a guy... I think its goog 411. I guess I'll just stick with webdial.
    I have used the new version and I get the web dial error. Something else funny is when I do a non web based call my phone screen gets the old green background in it. That has never happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    We started using some transparency in our dialer so it makes sense that with newer versions the dialer might be leaking through if you are using a custom theme.
    fpalm I have found the problem with it showing the green dialer. There are three new files that didn't exist with 1.2.1 that have the ugly green background.
    • mulitcall resume button tall
      disconnect button tall
      multicall disconnect button tall
      glass panel active picture
      backdrop phone fade top

By no way am I a graphic artist but it these files were made trasparent it would get rid of that ugly green. These files didn't show up until 1.3.1 I don't see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i'm only using google voice for voice mail
    is there any way u can edit the notification so u can select to be notified of say only voicemails? or say only texts? right now if i enable notification it'll update me for miss calls, received calls, etc, everything

i did a quick search i apologize if this was already mentioned
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Is there any plans to have an option to get a sound for notification. I would like to be able to set a beep when an update comes in.
    I believe there is sound now under preferences.
  8.    #2048  
    Quote Originally Posted by hipnado View Post
    Question:

While the application is closed it doesn't appear to follow the notification update time that is set in preferences. How often does it update in the background and will it alert you when your phone's screen is off? I'm trying to disable SMS being sent to my phone from Google and only using this application but I'm not sure if it updates enough for that.

Thanks,
    hipnado
    It does follow the update time set in the program unless you set it to 1 minute, at which point it can only update every 5 minutes when closed. But otherwise it updates at the interval set.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  9.    #2049  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Is there any plans to have an option to get a sound for notification. I would like to be able to set a beep when an update comes in.
    Yes, you can enable sound notifications on update in the advanced menu.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10.    #2050  
    fpalm I have found the problem with it showing the green dialer. There are three new files that didn't exist with 1.2.1 that have the ugly green background.
    • mulitcall resume button tall
      disconnect button tall
      multicall disconnect button tall
      glass panel active picture
      backdrop phone fade top

By no way am I a graphic artist but it these files were made trasparent it would get rid of that ugly green. These files didn't show up until 1.3.1 I don't see.
    The files you listed here aren't image files in my app, right? I don't know where they are coming from.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    No they are in the phone app and when the call comes in to the phone app that is where the green background comes in.

On the sound issue is there a way to change the sound. I have applied the SMS per contact and my notification is the same as my email which I would like to change. Friendsflow http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ok-client.html attaches a sound to his that is easily changeable. Just another customization if possible.

I really didn't like the way the W looked on the main screen, I didn't realize you could turn it off in the preference section.

Thanks for the app I have invited several people to google voice that have Pre's and they are loving gdial pro.

I notice you are the only one that doesn't have a donate button and this is definetly one of the most useful apps out there that I am sure people would pay for. This must truly be a passion of yours. Thanks again!
    Request for Enhancement to increase speed of use:

I would LOVE to see the Favorites page updated to a format similar to that incorporated by Quick Dialer for the Pre. By this I mean that next to the name of each favorite (on the right) an SMS icon would appear. Pressing on the name would initiate a call to the person and pressing on the SMS button would initiate a text. The phone number would be moved under the Name on each line (it still looks clean this way).

This would eliminate the need for a second step required by the SMS / CALL / CANCEL screen and improve speed and functionality.

In a perfect world, I would like to see an email icon to the left of the name rather than the photo, although I know that some people would prefer to see a picture rather than have access to the "speed email" function.

Currently I use both apps, although it is not efficient to do so...

Overall, you have done an excellent job with this application and are to be commended and (I hope for your sake) rewarded financially for your efforts.
  13. mGa
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Love the app, but since the palm OS update and gial update, webdial no longer works. If I download the homebrew update off precentral, will this fix the webdial prob?

Good Job on the app though!!
  14.    #2054  
    Quote Originally Posted by mGa View Post
    Love the app, but since the palm OS update and gial update, webdial no longer works. If I download the homebrew update off precentral, will this fix the webdial prob?

Good Job on the app though!!
    Yes, webdial works in the homebrew version. The update was submitted to Palm, but is still pending in their queue.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  15.    #2055  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    Request for Enhancement to increase speed of use:

I would LOVE to see the Favorites page updated to a format similar to that incorporated by Quick Dialer for the Pre. By this I mean that next to the name of each favorite (on the right) an SMS icon would appear. Pressing on the name would initiate a call to the person and pressing on the SMS button would initiate a text. The phone number would be moved under the Name on each line (it still looks clean this way).

This would eliminate the need for a second step required by the SMS / CALL / CANCEL screen and improve speed and functionality.

In a perfect world, I would like to see an email icon to the left of the name rather than the photo, although I know that some people would prefer to see a picture rather than have access to the "speed email" function.

Currently I use both apps, although it is not efficient to do so...

Overall, you have done an excellent job with this application and are to be commended and (I hope for your sake) rewarded financially for your efforts.
    I have actually made my app able to receive the same dial and SMS requests as the native apps, so any of these speed-dial type guys could make it an option to use their program to dial or SMS using gDial with very minimal code
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I think I follow you here, but I would presume that you would want to have your app as the main app running.

Moreover, why, from a UI point of view, would you want to have a second step of clciking whether to Dial or SMS when the same function could be accomplished on each line of one of the gdial Favorites?

My hope was to eliminate the other speed dial app. No one wan't to use more memory with an extra app open.
  17. mGa
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yes, webdial works in the homebrew version. The update was submitted to Palm, but is still pending in their queue.

thanks if for your quick response!!
    fpalm I was wondering is there a way to setup gdial pro that when you get a phone call you have the option to send a text message with a predefined message?
    fpalm, I noticed earlier in this thread you mentioned that you didn't set up a delete option because you wanted to keep with the spirit of what google created. Here is my problem. I don't want to have to go to the GV website to get rid of voicemails within the application. I can't find anyway to delete one voicemail at a time from the phone view. I don't need it deleted from GV, I just want it to disappear from the voicemail tab in gdial. Even if I go to the website from the phone, my only option is to archive the voicemail, which doesn't take it out of the gdial pro app. Am I missing something?
  20.    #2060  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    fpalm, I noticed earlier in this thread you mentioned that you didn't set up a delete option because you wanted to keep with the spirit of what google created. Here is my problem. I don't want to have to go to the GV website to get rid of voicemails within the application. I can't find anyway to delete one voicemail at a time from the phone view. I don't need it deleted from GV, I just want it to disappear from the voicemail tab in gdial. Even if I go to the website from the phone, my only option is to archive the voicemail, which doesn't take it out of the gdial pro app. Am I missing something?
    Yeah it doesn't keep in sync with the website as it would take too long with the current way that gDial has to work. Once Google puts out an official API, this type of thing will be a lot easier as well as adding archiving into the program itself. All of the other Google API's allow you to check for any changes since last update, but currently I have to pull it from their website as an API doesn't exist and so for performance purposes the functionality is somewhat limited.

But, you can do a clear history from the preferences memory and run refresh history afterwards to do a full reload of your account info which should remove any voicemails that you have archived from the Google Voice site.
    Become a fan on Facebook