Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #2021  
    grndslm:

    I was misreading sorry. I understand now what you are saying and will add it into the feature request list.

    I was thinking you wanted how it works on Android where it requests whether to use your GV number or normal cell dialing on outgoing calls.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2. #2022  
    Is there a way, when you click, listen to message, to have it not play over the speakerphone speaker? Sometimes I want to listen to a message and not have everyone hear it.
  3.    #2023  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Is there a way, when you click, listen to message, to have it not play over the speakerphone speaker? Sometimes I want to listen to a message and not have everyone hear it.
    I looked into this and as far as I can tell, there is no way to play the audio over the handset at this time. If anyone finds a way or sees another app do it other than voicemail, let me know.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. #2024  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    grndslm:

    I was misreading sorry. I understand now what you are saying and will add it into the feature request list.

    I was thinking you wanted how it works on Android where it requests whether to use your GV number or normal cell dialing on outgoing calls.
    That would be nice too.

    Personally, now that I'm looking at it... I think there should only be one dial/talk/send button at the bottom. The drop-down menu should list two expanding options under "Preferences" --

    "Choose A Phone"
    - Cell
    - Home
    - Work

    "Dial Method"(only show "Regular Cell" when "Cell" is chosen above)
    - Web-based
    - GV Voicemai
    - Regular Cell

    .... Or something like that. The Advanced Dial Pad is just like whoa! Drop-down menu would be just fine for me to switch between different options.
  5.    #2025  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    That would be nice too.

    Personally, now that I'm looking at it... I think there should only be one dial/talk/send button at the bottom. The drop-down menu should list two expanding options under "Preferences" --

    "Choose A Phone"
    - Cell
    - Home
    - Work

    "Dial Method"(only show "Regular Cell" when "Cell" is chosen above)
    - Web-based
    - GV Voicemai
    - Regular Cell

    .... Or something like that. The Advanced Dial Pad is just like whoa! Drop-down menu would be just fine for me to switch between different options.
    Actually I like that. Maybe I change the advanced dialing option to instead enable something like you mention here instead of the goofy looking dialpad
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6. normski's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #2026  
    I've updated to palm 1.3.1 and have the latest version of gdial pro, v0.9.7, however i can no longer listen to voicemails in gdial pro. i tried to listen using both wi-fi and evdo..
    is anyone else having this problem >>
  7.    #2027  
    Quote Originally Posted by normski View Post
    I've updated to palm 1.3.1 and have the latest version of gdial pro, v0.9.7, however i can no longer listen to voicemails in gdial pro. i tried to listen using both wi-fi and evdo..
    is anyone else having this problem >>
    I just tried it on mine and the voicemail played correctly. Make sure your media volume is turned up.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8. normski's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #2028  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I just tried it on mine and the voicemail played correctly. Make sure your media volume is turned up.
    My media volume is up. when i hit the listen button all i get is the spinning circle and it does not stop..
  9.    #2029  
    Quote Originally Posted by normski View Post
    My media volume is up. when i hit the listen button all i get is the spinning circle and it does not stop..
    That sounds like maybe the native downloader service in webOS has stopped which I have seen happen before. Just do a soft reboot of the phone and try again.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  10. normski's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #2030  
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    That sounds like maybe the native downloader service in webOS has stopped which I have seen happen before. Just do a soft reboot of the phone and try again.
    soft reboot worked...when i upgraded to the lastest version via preware i did a luna restart instead of a soft reboot...
    Do you suggest a soft reboot after every update ????

    Thanks for all your hard work and quick responces.....
  11.    #2031  
    Quote Originally Posted by normski View Post
    soft reboot worked...when i upgraded to the lastest version via preware i did a luna restart instead of a soft reboot...
    Do you suggest a soft reboot after every update ????

    Thanks for all your hard work and quick responces.....
    Not necessarily. The voicemail actually depends on a Palm service called DownloadManager. That service dies for some reason on some people's phones after some period of time or something. It is a bug in webOS that is likely to get fixed in future updates as it will impact anyone whose code tries to download files if the downloader itself is dead.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  12. #2032  
    Any chance you can make another program broken off from this one that just does the voicemail portion of your app? I love the app, and when I used GV for calls it was perfect, but now all I use GV for is visual voicemail, and I think you would be the best person to make an app for that!
  13. #2033  
    After the update on homebrew I'm getting the "webdial failed" error. Everything else is functioning properly including texts. Any idea what's going on?


    EDIT: Never mind. I accidentally put my GV number where my real number was supposed to go in preferences.
  14. #2034  
    Question:

    While the application is closed it doesn't appear to follow the notification update time that is set in preferences. How often does it update in the background and will it alert you when your phone's screen is off? I'm trying to disable SMS being sent to my phone from Google and only using this application but I'm not sure if it updates enough for that.

    Thanks,
    hipnado
  15. Pupator's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #2035  
    Okay, so I just set this up and I'm wondering what I did wrong. Notifications and voicemail are working but when I try to dial a number out and hit send my cell-phone rings showing my google voice number. I can answer it and it's my outgoing call so I'm guessing this is the way webcalls work.

    How can I use the gDialPro dialer to make a normal outgoing phonecall?
  16. #2036  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    Any chance you can make another program broken off from this one that just does the voicemail portion of your app? I love the app, and when I used GV for calls it was perfect, but now all I use GV for is visual voicemail, and I think you would be the best person to make an app for that!
    I second that!!
  17. #2037  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    Okay, so I just set this up and I'm wondering what I did wrong. Notifications and voicemail are working but when I try to dial a number out and hit send my cell-phone rings showing my google voice number. I can answer it and it's my outgoing call so I'm guessing this is the way webcalls work.

    How can I use the gDialPro dialer to make a normal outgoing phonecall?
    Would it be possible to simulate what he is suggesting by making webos stock dialer auto answer when your GV number is the incoming call and if so how about disabling the ringer in that scenario as well. That way once you hit dial in Gdial all you have to do is put the handset to your ear and wait for the call to connect.
  18. #2038  
    I'm hoping someone can help out. Web dial works fine, but when I use "non webdial" Gdial connects me to my GV voicemal and after a brief pause gDial starts dialing. Then I hear, from GV, "I'm sorry no new, I'm sorry I didn't recognize that, etc..." gDial continues to dial the GV responses continue to change until I Just hang up. Is there a setting I have wrong?
  19. #2039  
    Your pause isn't long enough you need to have at least a 2 or 3 sec pause and it should do just fine.
  20. #2040  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Your pause isn't long enough you need to have at least a 2 or 3 sec pause and it should do just fine.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I got the same result. I tried different delays and none worked.

Posting Permissions