Page 101 of 145 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Thanks flpalm -- apparently I can't thank you in the forum.

Technology is not my friend today.
    Bad news.....web dial still failed. Any ideas?
    After the update that is....the app catalog version is o.9.2 -- is that the problem?
    Last edited by dianagr; 11/18/2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: because coffee really is required in order to function effectively -- live & learn.
  3.    #2003  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    Bad news.....web dial still failed. Any ideas?
    After the update that is....
    The update in the Palm App Catalog is not the most recent version. You have to wait for Palm to approve what I submitted today. If you download preware from Index of /, then you can update to the latest version from homebrew here on PreCentral.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I'm slooooowly figuring this out. Today is definitely NOT my best day this week! ;-)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    help help help... i dont know what happened but after the last two updates my gdial won't connect.. when dialing a number from gdial.. it rings in my phone, then says it cant connect.. while at the same time it going through all of the dialing prompts, like normal.. can you tell me what is wrong or what to do... Thanks
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Can anyone else confirm that this has solved the issue for them?
    It is working for me now!!! The only thing is that I am not getting anything indicating that the web dial worked or is in progress. It then takes about 20+ seconds before I get a call from GV to connect my call. Before I would get an immediate notification.
    Has anyone been experiencing major slowdown when sending text messages today? I think it might be a GV problem but it takes over 30 seconds to send one text for every text I send.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    It is working for me now!!! The only thing is that I am not getting anything indicating that the web dial worked or is in progress. It then takes about 20+ seconds before I get a call from GV to connect my call. Before I would get an immediate notification.
    The new version is working for me too but I also noticed this same behavior. Takes alot longer to receive the call from GV. I'm guessing its more of an issue on the google side of things.
  9.    #2009  
    Yeah, I had quite a few times today and yesterday where Google didn't even make the call to me after a success message from them on the webdial.

I also tried it on the website and saw the same behavior. Not sure what is going on over there.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hadn't used this app in awhile (meaning months ago). Just started messing with it recently now that Sprint doesn't charge for the forward to voicemail.

I must say this app completely BLEW ME AWAY!! Wow, this is great, the way it handles voicemail is terrific, and the dialer is elegant and works great too.

Excellent work indeed.
    I love this app. I had google voice, but never really felt like the hassle was worth it w/o an app, and this one integrates pretty well. I'd like to use this as my default phone app, but there's one thing preventing me. I'd like the ability to chose which number I dial out from before making the call (sprint/google) If you could add a toggle for this to the dial screen,it would be PERFECT. Then I'd happily use your patch to make gdial my default dialer.

GREAT WORK
    One question, and I suspect this may have been asked in the previous 100 pages, but can't find it, so...when I log into GV on my computer and tag a transcription as not being useful (or, rarely, as useful!), it shows up in gDial as having been updated, and so I get a new notification.

Is there any way to get gDial to only notify on new messages?

--Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Can you use more than one Google Voice number with this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You would probably have to log out and then log back in with the new number. I was thinking the same thing but thought that it would be too confusing to use the same app for two different numbers. I might get confused sometimes.
    Maybe switching numbers could be a feature in a future release of the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
    Hadn't used this app in awhile (meaning months ago). Just started messing with it recently now that Sprint doesn't charge for the forward to voicemail.

What did you mean by this? How do you forward the voice messages? HAs Sprint eliminated call forward charges on just part of the service? How can I do this?

Sorry for posting here, however it sounds as though it may provide a wider gDial user base if this is clarified.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    What did you mean by this? How do you forward the voice messages? HAs Sprint eliminated call forward charges on just part of the service? How can I do this?

Sorry for posting here, however it sounds as though it may provide a wider gDial user base if this is clarified.
    See this thread.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yeah, I had quite a few times today and yesterday where Google didn't even make the call to me after a success message from them on the webdial.

I also tried it on the website and saw the same behavior. Not sure what is going on over there.
    GV working much better today. It seems it was on Google's end. Thanks for looking into it even when it was not your issue and the great work you have done on this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I love this app. I had google voice, but never really felt like the hassle was worth it w/o an app, and this one integrates pretty well. I'd like to use this as my default phone app, but there's one thing preventing me. I'd like the ability to chose which number I dial out from before making the call (sprint/google) If you could add a toggle for this to the dial screen,it would be PERFECT. Then I'd happily use your patch to make gdial my default dialer.

GREAT WORK
    I'll make a $15 donation once this feature shows up.

Seems like the option to set "Your cell number" in the app shouldn't even allow you to do that. It should pull your "dial from" numbers just like it does your GV number... and let you select one.
  18.    #2018  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I'll make a $15 donation once this feature shows up.

Seems like the option to set "Your cell number" in the app shouldn't even allow you to do that. It should pull your "dial from" numbers just like it does your GV number... and let you select one.
    It looks like Palm is adding in the option to change your default app for calls, calendar, contacts, etc as the options are in 1.3.1, but disabled.

I looked in the source code and I don't see a way to patch to override at this time.

I was sort of waiting on them to make an official way to do this sort of thing as my patch right now is a simple 2 line patch and to make it choosable would be a bit more modification than that I think.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Request about notifications. Is there anyway to make them more specific? Like the native messaging app, where it shows the sender (name or number if it's not in your contacts) and a preview of the message?

And for voicemails it would say "New Voicemail from XXXXX"

Missed calls would probably not make sense since they come through to the Palm Phone app.

But also, like when a Messaging notification comes through, you can dismiss it when it is minimized, or it automatically goes away when the app is opened. Could this be implemented into gDial?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    It looks like Palm is adding in the option to change your default app for calls, calendar, contacts, etc as the options are in 1.3.1, but disabled.

I looked in the source code and I don't see a way to patch to override at this time....
    Ehh... I think you misunderstood my request. Lemme get the relevant section --

Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr
    ... but there's one thing preventing me. I'd like the ability to chose which number I dial out from before making the call (sprint/google) If you could add a toggle for this to the dial screen,it would be PERFECT. Then I'd happily use your patch to make gdial my default dialer.
    Essentially, I want the option to "dial from" my Gizmo #, my work #, or my cell #. Not just always my cell #. This is why I said gDial should pull all numbers associated with your account for you to pick which one to dial at any specific time [from the main screen perhaps? .. as Mhunterjr suggested]. If the app can pull my GV # from the cloud, then surely it can pull the actual phone numbers I have associated with my GV #, too. Just less room for error and better functionality in that I get to pick which number I'm "dialing from". No need to always limit GV calls to my cell phone.