Page 100 of 145 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Click the show advanced button and you will see it down below.
    I checked again, and nothing there.

Well, I had an old version of GDial. For some reason, Preware didn't recognize it and wouldn't update me. So I deleted it and installed the new one. Now the option is there.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
  2.    #1982  
    Another update. To get my google sync working with my phone even, I had to delete my Google account from the phone. Soft restart and then go back in to re-add the account. Now I have contacts syncing again.

Interestingly, I am using a Google Apps for Domain account. Previously it didn't consider it a gmail account in the mail system. Now with a delete and re-add it is treating it as a gmail account and working again for email, contacts, and calendar.

That still hasn't fixed gDial Pro for me yet though. I am still investigating.

I wonder if maybe Google is doing something on their end to merge the Google Apps accounts with regular Google accounts under the same email. Is everyone with the problem people with their own Google Apps for Domain account? Or is this impacting everyone?
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Another update. To get my google sync working with my phone even, I had to delete my Google account from the phone. Soft restart and then go back in to re-add the account. Now I have contacts syncing again.

Interestingly, I am using a Google Apps for Domain account. Previously it didn't consider it a gmail account in the mail system. Now with a delete and re-add it is treating it as a gmail account and working again for email, contacts, and calendar.

That still hasn't fixed gDial Pro for me yet though. I am still investigating.

I wonder if maybe Google is doing something on their end to merge the Google Apps accounts with regular Google accounts under the same email. Is everyone with the problem people with their own Google Apps for Domain account? Or is this impacting everyone?
    Mine appears to be fine... could you better define problem? I don't think I have a Google Apps account... just e-mail and voice.

Edit @flpalm: Oh well then, I do not have a Google Apps for a domain account... And I suppose 'us' normal users shouldn't be having any problems ... at least I'm not
    Last edited by MLJones8; 11/18/2009 at 08:41 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  4.    #1984  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Mine appears to be fine... could you better define problem? I don't think I have a Google Apps account... just e-mail and voice.
    Sorry, a Google Apps for domain account would be if you had your own domain and used gmail for its email.

Like me@something.com having its mail done through the Gmail interface.

If your account is user@gmail.com, then that is not a Google Apps for Domain account.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    If you go into preferences on the contacts app, are you able to login to your Google Account and have it sync properly to your Pre?

I am still not able to, but it works fine from my computer, my android device, and everywhere else, but the Pre and the emulator.
    Synced fine from the looks of it. I also use google apps as well for contacts/email, etc.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been addresses, I looked through a lot of the 100 pages here and performed a search, which does not seem to be working at the moment.

When using gDial Pro for in and outbound calls, do the minutes count against your Sprint anytime minutes? Or is this pure data and no minutes are used? Can you force WIFI only where available and then use gDial Pro thru WIFI?

Thank you for your great application.
  7.    #1987  
    v0.9.7
    -Fix for Google Voice change that broke prior versions

Please everyone download this new version and confirm it works on your phone. Once I know it works, I have to push it out to Palm as it looks like Google changed something in their API which breaks all prior version
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Sorry if this has been addresses, I looked through a lot of the 100 pages here and performed a search, which does not seem to be working at the moment.

When using gDial Pro for in and outbound calls, do the minutes count against your Sprint anytime minutes? Or is this pure data and no minutes are used? Can you force WIFI only where available and then use gDial Pro thru WIFI?

Thank you for your great application.
    your minutes are used both directions - im afraid i cant explain the why of that, but i do know it does
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    v0.9.7
    -Fix for Google Voice change that broke prior versions

Please everyone download this new version and confirm it works on your phone. Once I know it works, I have to push it out to Palm as it looks like Google changed something in their API which breaks all prior version
    Webdial works now.
  10.    #1990  
    Can anyone else confirm that this has solved the issue for them?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    With v0.9.7 when trying to access the Google Voice mobile site you get a white screen for 30 seconds before the mobile site is displayed
  12.    #1992  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    With v0.9.7 when trying to access the Google Voice mobile site you get a white screen for 30 seconds before the mobile site is displayed
    It might have just been while the history was updating. It loaded up okay for me on my phone, but maybe others are having the same thing happen?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #1993  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    I was able to make it slow like this when I switched off wifi. The weird thing is that my phone keeps oscillating between roam and regular as if Sprint is having some issue with their cell service right now

Today has been crappy so far......
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee
    your minutes are used both directions - im afraid i cant explain the why of that, but i do know it does
    Thank you! Do you know if the minutes are to/from a cell phone, are they considered "anytime mobile to mobile" thus not consuming anytime minutes, or are the anytime minutes, which are limited?
    I got the web dial error on 0.9.6 and webOS 1.3.1. I doctored my phone and still had the problem on webOS 1.2.1.

The update to 0.9.7 works great on 1.3.1. Thanks for the quick turnaround!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Can anyone else confirm that this has solved the issue for them?
    I can confirm that web dial works for both the advanced version and regular with 0.9.7
    Where do I get the update? It isn't appearing when I run updates and I don't see it in the Apps catalog.
  18.    #1998  
    Great, I have submitted it to Palm for update in their catalog.

I can't wait for a formal Google Voice API as right now they can modify stuff at will since it is not an established API.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Never mind, I rebooted and it is now in the App Catalog.
    I have been a devoted Palm purchaser since my Tungsten 2 days, but Palm is really trying my last nerve. <sigh>
  20.    #2000  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    Where do I get the update? It isn't appearing when I run updates and I don't see it in the Apps catalog.
    It will actually take a bit of time from when I push the update to Palm for them to get it in the catalog and fixed.

In the meantime, you can turn off webdial in the advanced preferences of gDial Pro and it should work for you.
    Become a fan on Facebook