Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tliu79 View Post
    I'm having this issue as well. I've tried looking at both the voicemail and history and there is no transcript. To be clear, there is not even a bubble for the transcript. I've also checked my web version and the transcript did work and does show on there. I have 0.2.4 and also did a reset of the phone to make sure. Any suggestions? Thanks for the great work btw.
    Well, that was quick. Heh. The new version 0.3.0 fixed my voicemail transcript issue above. It works now. Great work!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is it possible on history to have the number match up with the contact name from either contacts or Google contacts?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    If you click on a voicemail in the history or voicemail list it should bring up a detail display with the transcript of the voicemail. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tliu79 View Post
    Well, that was quick. Heh. The new version 0.3.0 fixed my voicemail transcript issue above. It works now. Great work!
    Worked for me too... thanks again!
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Is it possible on history to have the number match up with the contact name from either contacts or Google contacts?
    Unfortunately, Palm has the contacts all walled off so that no other program can access them other than using the contact picker like gDial does for contact dialing. I will be adding in functionality to allow you to easily add a number to your google contacts from within gDial so that you can see the contact name going forward.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, Palm has the contacts all walled off so that no other program can access them other than using the contact picker like gDial does for contact dialing. I will be adding in functionality to allow you to easily add a number to your google contacts from within gDial so that you can see the contact name going forward.
    Thanks for the quick response. I have my Pre synced with gmail contacts already. I dont use the Palm profile at all.
  6.    #186  
    Thanks for the quick response. I have my Pre synced with gmail contacts already. I dont use the Palm profile at all.
    Is your gmail account the same account you use for Google Voice? If so then it should work for you. The only caveat is that for the login in preferences, that you include the full gmail address and also that you turn on the google contacts option.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is your gmail account the same account you use for Google Voice? If so then it should work for you. The only caveat is that for the login in preferences, that you include the full gmail address and also that you turn on the google contacts option.
    Yup they are both the same. I'll be looking forward to that update, thanks!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Yup they are both the same. I'll be looking forward to that update, thanks!
    again, "me too"...
    i.e. my voice account and contacts account are the same at google and I found and turned on the option on gDial... but no names (should be same names as the mobile site, right?).

can you post a pic of where the names should show up please?

thanks again,
    -tim

PS - you want donations? to you? to a charity? later?
    SMS sends, but no indication that it sent. Message remains in text box.

Same issue with all history screens, round-and-round and never stops.

Edit: I just saw post on full email address for login, and received confirmation that SMS message sent (though MESSAGE: box still has full message in it - should it clear after sending?), and history now works.

In All history screen I receive four types of messages, SMS, VOICEMAIL, MISSED and 7. What the hedoubletoothpicks is 7?
    Last edited by Preeminent; 08/05/2009 at 03:07 PM.
    I know Google makes and app for G1 and Blackberry, if palm has one, would it ever be able to dial a number quickly without the delays from dialing google voice number, getting prompt and dialing the person's number? This is the only draw back is that it takes a long time to place a call via GV.
    thoughts?
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    SMS sends, but no indication that it sent. Message remains in text box.

Same issue with all history screens, round-and-round and never stops.

Edit: I just saw post on full email address for login, and received confirmation that SMS message sent (though MESSAGE: box still has full message in it - should it clear after sending?), and history now works.

In All history screen I receive four types of messages, SMS, VOICEMAIL, MISSED and 7. What the hedoubletoothpicks is 7?
    Good question on what is 7. Can you login to the mobile Google Voice site and let me know what type of call a 7 is? Is it a placed, received, sms, voicemail, recorded, etc on their site? Then I can map the number to proper type of history
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTim View Post
    again, "me too"...
    i.e. my voice account and contacts account are the same at google and I found and turned on the option on gDial... but no names (should be same names as the mobile site, right?).

can you post a pic of where the names should show up please?

thanks again,
    -tim

PS - you want donations? to you? to a charity? later?
    The names would be right below the phone number in both the history list and detail view. It is a brand new feature so it might need some additional debugging. It worked on my phone, but as we know that doesn't mean it works on yours. I will try to address it in the next release if I can track down the bug.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I love this application. I tried both of the Google voice homebrew apps and found this one to be much more polished and user friendly. Google voice really is useful, thanks for the app.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    OK is there a Way to download 3.0 through Filecoaster or PreLoad??? If not, can someone plz Help set this up. Looking at you Precentral =-P
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    where to dl v.3.thanx
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangokim View Post
    where to dl v.3.thanx
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ogle-voice-app
    I am loving my google voice account thx to this app. The banner notfication was a nice touch. Keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by synplex View Post
    OK is there a Way to download 3.0 through Filecoaster or PreLoad??? If not, can someone plz Help set this up. Looking at you Precentral =-P
    There is a filecoast compatible link in the homebrew app catalog linked above.

I love every aspect of this app except for the dialer graphic... I think it looks horrendous. I'd love to see the stock pre dialer copied like in dk's voice app. In all other ways this app is spectacular.

As some other people asked: is there ever any hope of having google voice accesible without having to have the app dial through all those options or at least do it faster?

Also, will there ever be threaded sms messaging? I can't stand having to switch to gdial pro to send a message under my google voice number.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCup View Post

Also, will there ever be threaded sms messaging? I can't stand having to switch to gdial pro to send a message under my google voice number.
    After sending the initial message, the incoming ones are forwarded to my phone and I can respond like a regular text in the threaded format.
    Go to the site and check your forwarding settings.

Hopefully that helps
    Will there be an update to be able to listen to voicemails from within the application on the Palm Pre?

Also, anybody knows if you need to make your google voice incoming calls to look as they are coming from your google voice number to avoid using your minutes?

Is that true that incoming calls from your pick 3/5 actually use your minutes?