Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    GolfPinFinder is a golf gps range finder and multi-player scoring app for webOS. It uses the existing course data provided by BBGPSGOLF. Within the app, you can search for existing courses by name or you can find courses near you. Currently, adding new courses can be done at the BBGPSGOLF website AND via the GolfPinFinder app! The app includes points for the front, center and back of the green, tee box, hole hint and up to 5 additional points with descriptions. Current weather conditions provided by WeatherBug, auto advance to next hole and many other features included. This is NOT a yearly subscription, just a one time purchase for $9.95.

Download the latest version from the Palm App Catalog.

See the help menu in GolfPinFinder for GPS and Battery tips while using the app for optimal performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moserjj; 07/08/2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: updated app description
    Yea he's a great guy, i also spoke with him but i've been busy with summer work so unable to work on this... but so far it looks great!!! keep up the good work.. now if google maps with real view would come around... and be able to overlay these onto the course... that would be sweet!!
    Haha, just last week my boss was being all proud of his iPhone for having a Golf Pin Finder when my Pre didn't, saying, "Yea, but you don't have this app, do you?" ... I just smiled and waited patiently It wasn't worth trying to explain to him, haha.

So anyway, thanks! Now I need to go show off my Pre, again .....
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Yea he's a great guy, i also spoke with him but i've been busy with summer work so unable to work on this... but so far it looks great!!! keep up the good work.. now if google maps with real view would come around... and be able to overlay these onto the course... that would be sweet!!
    I've got a map button cooking in a future build, just trying to get it to zoom in on the right spot. I don't know if you can embed that into the app though - but I will try! At least it will open in a new card...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Congrats Moser on finishing your app! I am glad I got to help a little bit. This truly is the only app that I ever wanted man. Thanks again. Can't wait for future developments.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great app!
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Congrats man. I plan on buying my Pre this Saturday so will load it then

I look forward to future releases and working with you.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    thank you i will test this out sunday
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Just downloaded, looks great. I love the google map button... nice touch. By the way the distance is in yards correct? I see 7 digits.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime7073 View Post
    Just downloaded, looks great. I love the google map button... nice touch. By the way the distance is in yards correct? I see 7 digits.
    Yes, the distances are in yards. The screenshots are from the emulator and the position was across the country - the yardages displayed are not very close to what you'd normally see.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hey MoserJJ, I just downloaded the app and found a course I play on routinely was on the bbgpsgolf course list, but the course hadn't been mapped out. I went ahead and mapped the course in bbgpsgolf.

When I checked for courses on the Pre app, the course wasn't showing up.

Will the Pre app automatically pick up the course mappings from bbgpsgolf or does it take a reload of the pre app.

The course in question is Willowick Golf Course in Santa Ana, CA.

Thanks,

Bob
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    Hey MoserJJ, I just downloaded the app and found a course I play on routinely was on the bbgpsgolf course list, but the course hadn't been mapped out. I went ahead and mapped the course in bbgpsgolf.

When I checked for courses on the Pre app, the course wasn't showing up.

Will the Pre app automatically pick up the course mappings from bbgpsgolf or does it take a reload of the pre app.

The course in question is Willowick Golf Course in Santa Ana, CA.

Thanks,

Bob
    The app will pick up new courses - no need to reload the app. However, I have the developer at BBGPSGOLF filtering out courses that aren't 100% mapped. If you finish mapping it on his website, a trigger will flip your course to 100% and then become available. However, that only happens once a day right now. I'll see if I can get him to increase that.

I'll also shoot him an email to see if he can update your course you listed.

Thanks!
    Thread title updated to:
    GolfPinFinder - Golf GPS app v0.2.35 [was v0.2.31] (7/30/09)

Good job!

- Craig
    Great app! Just took it out today and it worked like a charm! I tested it against my friends shycattie and it was fairly accurate. I did have a little of trouble having it update were I was but that's because the GPS isn't always active (saves allot a battery). Something else I would recommend getting done soon is the most played course folder. This way I don't have to type in the course or wait for it to find it for me. Overall, this is a very useful app and I will be using this everday!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Overall, this is a very useful app and I will be using this everday!
    Everyday? Lucky!
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    This is great. No need to buy a $200 range finder that probably would have less features than this. I golf atleast 4 times a week so this is awesome!
    Great App! O crap, now I have to put in my course! 15 minutes later well worth the time. Hey I'm only 5187 yards from tee one! Hitting the links this afternoon to try it out.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    The app screen shots look good. I'm glad I was able to help out. You made a great app moserjj. I'm just a little jellous that your app looks better then mine does..

Cheers,
    Ash
    yeah, this is greatness. both my home courses here in Texas are ready to go. Made a tee time for Sat just to check this out.

i'll report back, but as for now, you're a hero.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THIS APP.. i had to scream that because I thought it would be at least a year and $50 for an app that did this.

I just installed and typed in my fav course and i'm 25,043 ft from the first hole .. awesome.

can't wait to take it out on the course.. now i need to find a good case for it so i can clip it to my bag..
Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast