Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I also see that. If you change the hole from 1 to 2 and then back to 1, the correct PAR value is displayed.
    bah - bug. just uploaded 0.3.7 to fix it. Thanks for letting me know
    When you chose to play 9 holes can you add an option to start on the back 9?

We often play on the back 9 when playing twilight golf to switch it up and if the front is busy.

Edit: Also, if I start at hole 10 and enter my score it still shows my scores for the first 9 holes.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Yeah I'll fix the scoring when starting on the back 9
    Was finally able to use this app on a course last night. I must say it has amazing accuracy as to where I was on the course. Very well done!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    Yeah I'll fix the scoring when starting on the back 9
    BTW great app so far. I like the graphics update also.
    Just thought I'd comment on anyone skeptical or on the fence. I used it for the first time on a course I've never play.

A vendor took me out to The Bridges in San Ramon, CA...toughest course I've ever played, especially for a novice high-handicapper. I must say that this app saved my game and helped me play smart by locating the hazzards and overall distance.

I was mainly concerned about accuracy calculated by the application and the Pre. As I played, I cross-referenced the yardage marked on sprinkler heads and even more precisely, with my laser range finder.
    Conclusion: GolfPinFinder is dead-nuts accurate. Even when GolfPinFinder said the accuracy was 5.5 yards, it was only off by about 1 yard....even then it cold have been due to pin placement for that day.

The accuracy and ease of use was so impressive that the other two in our foursome kept calling me over to their ball to spot yardage. He was a +5 handicap and said that what ever I told him was exact based on the distance he drove with the selected club.

Other notes:
    It was a 5-hour round (yes, I was beat at the end of the day) and took all of my battery life from 1st to 18th hole. I polled Google maps on many holes. I need to play faster or get a bigger battery just for golfing. (Still cheaper than any Golf GPS device).
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    @Milenko4 - great stuff!

Also - I'm almost done with the marking app - if anybody can test this out please PM me and I'll email you a build including the marking app.
    @Milenko4 - great stuff!

Also - I'm almost done with the marking app - if anybody can test this out please PM me and I'll email you a build including the marking app.
    Two things...

I didn't record the 17th and 18th hole score and was going to do it later, but you can't go back and add after you've quit. Too bad there wasn't a way to load a scorecard or resume a round. ...perhaps a future feature or integrate with google spreadsheet or Memo or something???

Also, when you view a course it doesn't position your location automatically (you have to tap the blue radio button to find "MyLocation"), which would be nice....but then again if you wanted to review a course before you were would auto-locate google maps to wherever you were at that time (like at home or the office, for example)
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 08/15/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    1. Correct, scoring for now is only while you play. It doesn't save anything although I may add that. I never care when I'm done and I'm not serious/disciplined enough to keep track of my stats.

1. Are you talking about in google maps? Maybe it needs an option passed to it. I'll check and add if so
    1. Correct, scoring for now is only while you play. It doesn't save anything although I may add that. I never care when I'm done and I'm not serious/disciplined enough to keep track of my stats.
    that's why I mentioned saving/loading to maybe google spreadsheet. I guess that assumes that there's 3G at the course. Some places I've played don't have 3g or cell phone reception for that matter....maybe a csv format to Memo?
    1. Are you talking about in google maps? Maybe it needs an option passed to it. I'll check and add if so
    Right...google maps. But I think there might be an issue if you want to review a course...say while at home...it would then locate you at home, not the course. Perhaps it's best as-is.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Still looking for some in the field testers for the marking app. Screenshots attached, it's ready for testing....PM me if interested
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've only used the app once but willing to give it a shot. I'm playing a scramble tomorrow afternoon at the local country club.
    How about adding the ability to keep score for 4 people.

I think saving them to a google spreadsheet might make sense for viewing later.
    I haven't been golfing since I got my Pre, but I'm looking forward to using it...
    Thanks.
    Still looking for some in the field testers for the marking app. Screenshots attached, it's ready for testing....PM me if interested
    I'm not able to pm but I'd definitely be willing to test the marking app... What do I need to do?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I would like to start by saying this app is well done and surprisingly accurate. I appreciated your efforts and thank you for making my golf game more enjoyable.

One issue I had was with battery life. I was able to complete my 9 hole round but have doubts about whether the phone will last a full 18. Are you using GPS tracking or the getCurrentPosition method? Would it be possible to have a mode that uses getCurrentPosition with an 'Update' button on the screen? I have no idea how this would affect accuracy but it maybe easier on the battery. Just an idea...

Thanks again.

rich
    Fantastic app, moserjj. Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth into your list of suggestions.

For some of us "older guys" (ok, me) the numbers can be difficult to read. I don't know if the screen is big enough to increase the font size but maybe the ability to change the font color?

Thanks again for the great app.
    WOW, I just used the app for the first time today and it was wonderful! I'm putting my $450 Bushnell up on ebay! It would be great to track more stats such as; number of puts, fairways hit, driving distance, greens in regulation, up and downs, sand saves, penalties, etc. Upload to Stracka (USGA Handicap Index | Golf Handicap Tracking | Golf Social Network ) where many golfers now keep an official USGA handicap for free would be GREAT! It would also be nice to be able to save the scorecard somewhere after the round was over. Thanks for the work on this app!!!
    I just got done playing my first round with this app and it is sweet. Fantastic job. I would second the request for saving scores. I mistakenly swiped back on the 8th hole and had to start over and re-enter my shots, luckily we were using a scorecard too. Unfortunately my battery (Seidio 1350) died on the 17th hole, but then again so did my game.
    Used with this yesterday while playing 18 at a local muni course, and I have to agree with everyone else.. This app is AWESOME! There were only a few times when I would pull it out and swap to the hole I was on to check the yardage (otherwise the yard markers in the fairway were close by, considering I kept it on the fairway ) but when I did use it, it helped a lot. I'll be trying it out again when I play tomorrow, but so far it is really great. Thanks a bunch for this one!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I'm loving all the feedback, glad to hear people are getting out and using this in the wild Development is going strong and the next release has many many improvements/fixes/upgrades. I have been contacted by Palm (a good thing) so that's keeping me from releasing anything at the moment.

For those with battery issues - i've been able to get through 18 holes without a problem (well a dead battery at the end but i make it). I'd turn off what you can, close unnecessary cards, no wifi, no bluetooth, etc. It's a heavy app for battery usage but then 18 holes can last 4+ hours so I don't think its too bad. Who will be first to post a picture of a Pre mounted on a touchstone in a golf cart.....???
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast