Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I used this today during my league night and it worked great. I few times it would skip pass my current hole and go to the next. I helped me a lot for getting the proper distance.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I just got my Pre tonight! I have all the proper downloads for WebOSquick Install, I'm in dev mode but I still having trouble with the getting the download. What exactly should I type as the file name in WebOS Quick Install to get this app? Thanks.

The error I'm getting tells me that it cannot find file specified.
    i cant get this app to download on my phone...any suggestions
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinser23 View Post
    i cant get this app to download on my phone...any suggestions
    you need to be much more specific and probably post this kind of question in a thread dedicated to installing apps. it always just works for me and I use the SDK palm-install method
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I used this today during my league night and it worked great. I few times it would skip pass my current hole and go to the next. I helped me a lot for getting the proper distance.
    The app will advance to the next hole once you get real close to the green (can't remember exactly, something like 20 yards). I usually don't have it on that close to the green so I usually move to the next hole manually. But I was trying that out in this build.

I've played about 6 rounds with the app, i've got some good things in the works...
    okay...i just got my palm on saturday....what is the SDK-install method
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinser23 View Post
    okay...i just got my palm on saturday....what is the SDK-install method
    i'll be nice and post a link but please search for info next time!

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
    thanks dude
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I played this weekend, and my opponent had the skycaddie. It requires monthly plan and costs a good bit. I showed him your app, and his jaw dropped. It provided exactly the same info and the google maps was the cherry on the cake. Thank you for all your hard work. Let me know if you need beta testers for your upcoming versions.
    can you add in frisbee golf courses?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiss View Post
    can you add in frisbee golf courses?
    I suppose you could if you treated it just like a regular course. I've never played frisbee golf - gps would be good for that eh? Is there a dedicated course for that?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I know of some public parks that have dedicated frisbee golf courses. Would probably be very difficult to map out using google maps since the res isn't that great. But I don't see why BBGPSGOLF can't support it. I just entered in my local golf course and it was so easy to do. I'd ask the guy who runs BBGPSGOLF first before you do it. He might object or he might even decide to help you out.

Thanks for the program. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but am hoping I'll be able to get away soon. I have an idea for you if you want to add it to your program. You could have a list of clubs and the user could input how far they usually hit with that club. Then your program could recommend what kind of club to use. That would be great for people like me who don't get to play a lot and always forget how far they can hit.

of course a scorecard would rock too that saved it's data in a database. So a user would start a game and the date and time would be input and he would enter how many shots it took per hole and it would all be saved under that date and time and maybe course name too.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Got it installed last night. The course I played yesterday was not available but I am playing one tomorrow that is. Can't wait to try it out!
    Worked great!!! And the best part is for a dog leg I would use it with google maps and see the sat view of the dog leg. The two together are perfect. Now I know the distance and layout. By the 3rd hole my buddies were asking for the numbers too!!!!!
    Used it today. Worked great. Thanks for all your work on this.
    Okay... I am *incredibly* impressed!!! I used this app today & it worked perfectly!!! Awesome!!!
    Don't forget to donate. (Link in first message). Help maintain moserjj's enthusiasm.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi Moser, I love the app. I can't wait to see the score marking app that goes with it. You mentioned being able to upload the scores online, do you have any particular sites in mind? I'd love to see it upload to oobgolf: Main

I'd love to help develop on this if you need any for either part, getting the scoring together or even just the upload part.

If not I understand, the app is great and looking forward to any updates!
    Last edited by dchuber2000; 08/05/2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Great app. Ive used it once so far on a course that I mapped out myself. However is there any idea to why it would be consistenly off by 10 yds? I don't think it would be a mapping error since its pretty large (30ft). Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by undecided View Post
    Great app. Ive used it once so far on a course that I mapped out myself. However is there any idea to why it would be consistenly off by 10 yds? I don't think it would be a mapping error since its pretty large (30ft). Any ideas?
    i see that occasionally too, sometimes it helps to wait a bit for the gps to "hone in" on my spot. i'm working on a "mark shot" feature - you could probably use that to step off a distance to see if its the gps accuracy or some other factor (like the course mapping)
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast