Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    How do I map a course? I am playing Grandover Resort in Greensboro, NC this weekend and I would like to use this app on the course if possible.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wraunch View Post
    How do I map a course? I am playing Grandover Resort in Greensboro, NC this weekend and I would like to use this app on the course if possible.
    Follow the instructions here

BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

after adding the last hole, the course will be marked as 100% complete and be available in GolfPinFinder right away. Takes about 15 minutes or so to map out a course (make sure to get hazards and stuff too!)
    I just picked up my pre on Saturday and didn't plan on doing any homebrew. That was until i saw this app. Looks great and with a couple features (scorecard, shot tracking, and side betting), I would for sure donate/pay for this. Keep up the good work.
    How can I map it though? I don't know much about it. It will be my first time playing it.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    How can I map it though? I don't know much about it. It will be my first time playing it.
    After you add the course information, it will walk you through mapping each hole. You click the points for the markers and add any descriptions. It's easy and the site pretty much walks you through it. As of now, there isn't a way to map it with the Pre itself (coming soon).
    Try to find a score card that has a course map on it. You should be able to map it from that.

Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    Boomer Sooner!!!
    Good to see a fellow Sooner on here!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    @wraunch - sorry I didn't read you hadn't played it yet (still too early on a monday for me). The scorecard method mhgraves mentioned works best - takes a little bit of time to make sure you're following it right but I think it's worth the effort
    No it has me in the middle of the woods about 700 yards away.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    No it has me in the middle of the woods about 700 yards away.
    well that stinks. do you get good network coverage there? i dunno why it would have you so far off
    I tried it on PB Dye and Laytonsville in MD this weekend and had a little trouble with the yardage reading right...any tips? I know PB Dye is a tough course but 998 yards to the pin seemed like a really long par 5 ...any help would be appreciated, overall this app rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhgraves View Post
    Try to find a score card that has a course map on it. You should be able to map it from that.
    Or if you don't have that, you might be able to take a look at the sites of certain other Golf GPS apps for other devices to see if you can use that as a guideline for mapping your course (I used Freecaddie's site to help me see which hole was which on the Google imagery at the BBGPSGOLF site).
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I tried to map my local golf course on Saturday and I can not believe how easy it was. The site BBGPSGolf walks you through it pretty well. I recommend using the scorecard (you can usually grab it from the course website) for the course you want to add so that you can compare the yards and add the handicap to each hole.

Thanks again for this awesome app.
    Hmmm My country club has a PB Dye course and it has trouble with my yardage. Very weird.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.dempsey View Post
    I tried it on PB Dye and Laytonsville in MD this weekend and had a little trouble with the yardage reading right...any tips? I know PB Dye is a tough course but 998 yards to the pin seemed like a really long par 5 ...any help would be appreciated, overall this app rocks!
    does google maps show you in the right spot on the course?
    Ok. I am new so take it easy on me. I had the app emailed to my phone but I can not figure out how to install. I have never done a homebrew app so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I clicked on what it said to but nothing seems to happen.
    Last edited by jasonmoore; 08/03/2009 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    Ok. I am new so take it easy on me. I had the app emailed to my phone but I can not figure out how to install. I have never done a homebrew app so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I clicked on what it said to but nothing seems to happen.
    Email installs haven't worked for a long time now. Use webOS Quick Install or something along those lines.
    Ok, can someone help me with that? I am new to this.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    Ok, can someone help me with that? I am new to this.
    Are you serious? You do know there's a search feature in this forum, right? USE IT.
    I found those. I will ask questions there. Sorry for the misplaced questions.
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast