Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jvwvu View Post
    SOB! Every since I downloaded 1.4.5 for the Sprint Palm Pre, the GPS will not read accurately. Anyone else having issues.
    I am seeing similar gps issues on a Sprint 1.4.5 Pre.
    the ##gps# doesn't even get a fix, it errors out. Rebooting didn't fix either.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I am seeing similar gps issues on a Sprint 1.4.5 Pre.
    the ##gps# doesn't even get a fix, it errors out. Rebooting didn't fix either.
    Exactly, my issue.
    Exactly, my issue.
    I was able to correct it by updating the network settings and thr prl list in the phone prefs. Not sure why that did it, but I get a fix now in gmaps and bfgmaps, etc...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I was able to correct it by updating the network settings and thr prl list in the phone prefs. Not sure why that did it, but I get a fix now in gmaps and bfgmaps, etc...

And how did you do that?
    And how did you do that?
    Well first, I am on a Sprint 1.4.5 Pre. So the steps I took worked for me. In another forum, another person had this type of issue. They either replaced their SIM card or just took it out and reinserted it. I don't remember exactly. (Search the forums for 1.4.5 and GPS).

The steps I did are as follows:

1) Open the phone (app)
    2) From the application menu (top left corner), tap preferences
    3) scroll to near the bottom of the phone preferences to the sections on Network Settings and Preferred Roaming List.
    4) tap the Update Network Settings under the Network settings section and wait for it to finish.
    5) tap the Update PRL under the Preferred Roaming List section and wait for it to finish.

That's it. It worked for me, your mileage may vary because I don't know how/why this fixed it.

Good luck!
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/19/2010 at 01:41 PM.

I recently added GPSFix and the patch for my Verizon phone and performance with Golfpinfinder is dramatically better with the accuracy staying at 3.3 yards which is more than accurate for my game.
    Will this app work worldwide or just US and Canada?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagspur View Post
    Will this app work worldwide or just US and Canada?
    Anywhere provided you can get a good GPS lock on your device. I've never tried it outside the US so I can only assume it works fine. There are many courses mapped outside the US and Canada and you can add your own in any country.
    Has anyone had any successful/accurate use with the GolfPinFinder on a Palm Pre running Palm webOS v1.4.5 without adding any patches/apps (apart from GolfPinFinder itself, obviously)?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    well I'm sad to say I had to give up on WebOS after my Pre started flaking out. I got a year and a half out of my launch day Pre which isn't bad at all for a phone, but with no signifigant new hardware on the horizon and several develpoers of apps I wanted telling me they weren't going to bother with WebOS versions I made the switch to android. I do miss some things about WebOS but I'm loving Android and the Epic 4g is just a rocking phone.

All this is leading up to a question/request for the developer of GPF, how about an android version?? There is NOTHING in the android market that comes close imo to your app. As far as I can tell none of them use the bbgpsgolf database as your does which is a shame. The user control over the courses/database is such a big plus. Android is a huge market, if you had your app as it is now on the Android platform it would be the best golf app there bar none. Probably worth your time. What do you think?
    I cannot wait for spring so I can use this app again. Winters in Boston are v depressing.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Are there any problems using this app with 2.1? I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade, and I wouldn't want to lose this app
    works great in 2.1
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    works great in 2.1
    You have been thanked!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have version 1.2.3 on a Sprint Pre with 1.4.5. Trying to get GPF running this spring. All it will do is spin and find nothing. My GPS is working fine, and just checked it again. I have rebooted twice. I have turned off Google services in location. The app just spins looking for location, for courses near me, and when I put in a course name that I know is correct. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem today. Also noticed the http://www.bbgpsgolf.com site is throwing an error, so it's probably related.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I'm having the same problem today. Also noticed the BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone site is throwing an error, so it's probably related.
    You are correct, that was the issue but it seems to be working now.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info - yep - working now.
    Are there any planned updates for this app in the works// If so what will you be improving on..
    When starting a new round this morning and selecting Back 9, the app put me on Hole 1 instead of Hole 10. After completing my 9 holes I also noticed the scorecard is showing an entry for Hole 5, which I know I never selected. Any way to remove that from the scorecard? Sprint launch day Pre 1.4.5, GPF v1.2.3.