Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 608
  1. OSU0034's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #41  
    Very well done app. I hope I get to use it this weekend. Definitely looking forward to scorecard functionality.
  2. mrmnlando's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #42  
    I told my wife that the day someone comes out with a respectable Golf GPS app, I would start installing Homebrew apps. The day has arrived and I've successfully installed it. This app looks great. I have a SkyCaddie, but no sense in having a phone and a SkyCaddie along if the phone has something just as good. I hope to use it soon!
  3. moserjj's Avatar
    Posts
    468 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
       #43  
    Very exciting to hear all the positive comments! Definitely wants to make me keep on improving I'm in Oshkosh enjoying the worlds biggest air show but I look forward to Monday updates!

    One thing about this app that is nice is the ability to get courses over the air. That was always a pain with our skycaddie - needed to download on computer before getting there. I must have looked for courses near me a dozen times on the way here! very cool (wish I'd had brought my clubs...)

    now I wait for a picture of a golf cart with a touchstone mounted on it and my gps app running. sweet!
  4. #44  
    Thanks. I will be using this today! Great job.
  5. #45  
    Used this today on the course for the first time. Worked quite well. Sometimes the yardage would jump around quite a bit before settling in but overall it was very accurate.
    Yardage always responded pretty quickly, and it only sucked the battery down about 25%, much less than I expected.
    Kudos!
  6. kingle1's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #46  
    Imagine my surprise at finding little old Cross Timbers golf course in Azle TX on the list. This is a great looking app and appears to have some great support on the BB side -- can't wait to try it out!
  7. #47  
    I'm not sure if you can do this but I am a user of intelligolf and it will tell you how many satellites are connected so you can know how accurate it is. Thanks for all your work. Now I may be able to not bring my centro and palm gps with me when I golf.

    Thanks,
    Eric
  8. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #48  
    This is really getting great!! Now that it's tapped into the BB course database all my local courses are immediately available. On my Treo Pro I had to download courses from a website and move them to the Treo. This online functionality is great. Don't have to plan ahead.

    Do you have any plans to add a shot measuring tool. On FreeCaddie, there was a button you could press for Measure Shot. This would basically just zero out a measurement and then keep track of how far you were from that location.
  9. moserjj's Avatar
    Posts
    468 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
       #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    I'm not sure if you can do this but I am a user of intelligolf and it will tell you how many satellites are connected so you can know how accurate it is. Thanks for all your work. Now I may be able to not bring my centro and palm gps with me when I golf.

    Thanks,
    Eric
    that would be nice although i don't think the gps api returns that info. at least not yet...
  10. moserjj's Avatar
    Posts
    468 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
       #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    This is really getting great!! Now that it's tapped into the BB course database all my local courses are immediately available. On my Treo Pro I had to download courses from a website and move them to the Treo. This online functionality is great. Don't have to plan ahead.

    Do you have any plans to add a shot measuring tool. On FreeCaddie, there was a button you could press for Measure Shot. This would basically just zero out a measurement and then keep track of how far you were from that location.
    yep - shot marking in the works!
  11. #51  
    Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for this wonderful app. I had rooted my pre before the PreBrew installer .exe was released and ran into a few novacom issues when i tried to run that .exe on XP so that I could install this IPK. The method I used to install the IPK were as follows on the rooted pre:

    1) Ensure the file system was read/write
    2) SSH into the phone
    3) cd /media/internal
    4) wget http://forums.precentral.net/spe_att...0.2.35_all.ipk
    5) ipkg-opt install download-24450-com.golfpinfinder.www_0.2.35_all.ipk
    6) /sbin/stop LunaSysMgr
    7) /sbin/start LunaSysMgr
    8) Check the phone out and indeed the course I'm playing tomorrow is listed B-)
  12. JTH182's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #52  
    I already mapped 3 local courses that weren't on bbgpsgolf.com! I can't wait to try it out.

    This is already a great app and it will be awesome to see how much better you can make it!
  13. ashworth's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    that would be nice although i don't think the gps api returns that info. at least not yet...
    I do this with the j2me java code. I just emailed you my example from my code.

    Cheers,
    Ash
  14. #54  
    Finally got it working and already mapped two courses. Can't ait to use it in a round.
  15. #55  
    Great app....I mapped out three courses from my area and they appeared on my phone almost immediatley. Will be using it tomorrow in a scramble.
  16. #56  
    Just used on my course. This is awesome! Thanks
  17. #57  
    On the golf course the GPS cannot locate me. For some reason it thinks I am 700 yards away from my actual location. Any suggestions? Oh and at home it can find me perfect. The dot is right on my house...
  18. drk65's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    Very exciting to hear all the positive comments! Definitely wants to make me keep on improving I'm in Oshkosh enjoying the worlds biggest air show but I look forward to Monday updates!

    One thing about this app that is nice is the ability to get courses over the air. That was always a pain with our skycaddie - needed to download on computer before getting there. I must have looked for courses near me a dozen times on the way here! very cool (wish I'd had brought my clubs...)

    now I wait for a picture of a golf cart with a touchstone mounted on it and my gps app running. sweet!
    GREAT JOB! I used this App today in my company's annual tournament/outing. Tied for 2nd with some great help from GolfPinFinder! Additionally, the course (Cedars on Salmon Creek in WA) was not in the database. I mapped it in about 20 minutes and the database updated immediately. Finally, I started the tourney with 90% Battery and finished with 65%, using the GPS & Pinfinder at least once once each hole... no phone calls or web... Why would I do either while enjoying a great round of golf?!?! I was pleasantly surprised at the battery life today. Now 10PM... several phone calls, e-mails, and snapped pix later, and still running @ 46%! Great App --- Great Device --- Great Day! Thanks very much!
  19. #59  
    Fantastic App. I can't wait to use it on Wednesday.
  20. moserjj's Avatar
    Posts
    468 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
       #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    On the golf course the GPS cannot locate me. For some reason it thinks I am 700 yards away from my actual location. Any suggestions? Oh and at home it can find me perfect. The dot is right on my house...
    does google maps locate you on the course ok?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions