Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
    I'll adjust the course to 18 holes in this case. Thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torpedojager View Post
    I'll adjust the course to 18 holes in this case. Thanks for the info
    If the course is only 9 holes, I don't recommend doing that. Besides having to remark all the holes again as 10-18, people might get confused when searching for that course if they expect to see a 9 hole course
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Spring special! GolfPinFinder is currently 50% of a limited time! Download now at http://bit.ly/GolfApp
    Excellent product that is getting better with each Update. I bought a small carrying case for my phone that attaches to the outside of my golf bag that allows for my phone to continue to have a clear view of the GPS sats. and that has helped alot. Basically has me getting rid of my skycaddie because it gives accurate readings of front middle back and hazards and that is all I need. I combine my golfpinfinder with my laser range finder - and have tested yardages and like many have said- as long as you keep ur phone in view of the sats. you are good to go. for 1/2 price- you cant complain- looking forward to some online stat tracking!!
    Love this app just need a bigger battery to make it past the turn

Oh well I need one anyways!
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
    I expect this is a dirty word here but... Is there any chance of this app being made for android phones? I have used this for quite a while now and love it but I'm thinking about switching to the EVO.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    For now, I'd recommend:

How Far Am I? - GPS Golf Application for Android

It uses the same course database. There are other good options too (from what I hear - I've got no experience with any of them). There may be something in the works for Android and other platforms for GolfPinFinder - stay tuned
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    There may be something in the works for Android and other platforms for GolfPinFinder - stay tuned
    Very good news. I love the GolfPinFinder and have not seen any other I like half as well. I will stay tuned.
    I am having a real problem with the GPS in golfpinfinder. IT seems to always be off by 2200 yards which makes it difficult to use. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howard.bloom View Post
    I am having a real problem with the GPS in golfpinfinder. IT seems to always be off by 2200 yards which makes it difficult to use. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
    # 1. If you're on Verizon, you most likely will experience problems acquiring accurate GPS readings. This is a result of Verizon disabling full GPS function for 3rd party apps on Palm phones. Many users have reported that launching the Verizon Navigator app will "jump start" the GPS service (you can decline the purchase).

# 2. If you see very high distances, then the GPS receiver is not receiving signals from satellites but instead from cell phone towers. This is not sufficient for GolfPinFinder as satellite signals are needed for accurate distances. It can take up to several minutes to acquire a good signal at first. If after several minutes your distances don't improve, our recommended solution is to reboot your phone (orange/grey key + SYM + R together).

# 3. If you need to reboot your phone to fix the GPS receiver, you can resume your current round. Launch GolfPinFinder after the reboot, go to Previous Rounds, tap your current round and choose Resume.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Are there some best practices to using GolfPinFinder? I have an original Sprint Pre and used the app on a round for the first time today. I got very frustrated with it not having satillite contact pretty constantly. It was off searching more than helping me, so I turned it off after the front nine. So anyway to assure I am helping the app run its best would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Are there some best practices to using GolfPinFinder? I have an original Sprint Pre and used the app on a round for the first time today. I got very frustrated with it not having satillite contact pretty constantly. It was off searching more than helping me, so I turned it off after the front nine. So anyway to assure I am helping the app run its best would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I have a Sprint Pre and don't have any trouble with the app and GPS distances. I would recommend rebooting before each round just to ensure the best performance possible (reboot, hit the practice green for a few minutes and your phone is ready to go by tee off). Also, check out our tip links for some tips:

GolfPinFinder.com GPS Tips

GolfPinFinder.com Battery Tips
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    OK - thanks. some of these tips I had not known.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre and don't have any trouble with the app and GPS distances. I would recommend rebooting before each round just to ensure the best performance possible (reboot, hit the practice green for a few minutes and your phone is ready to go by tee off). Also, check out our tip links for some tips:

GolfPinFinder.com GPS Tips

GolfPinFinder.com Battery Tips
    Great tips!
    I have no issue getting through a round of 18 by following those tips.
    Any update on the OOBgolf?
    Just wanted to toss in here that I love this program. Also, how do updates work on the palm programs? Do we pay for updates to the program or will they just get pushed magically?

Thanks again for making the program so reasonably priced.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    Just wanted to toss in here that I love this program. Also, how do updates work on the palm programs? Do we pay for updates to the program or will they just get pushed magically?

Thanks again for making the program so reasonably priced.
    Updates are free and you download them directly from the Palm app catalog icon. Just click the little shopping bag in the lower right corner (in the app catalog) and it will check all your installed apps for updates.
    For those of you with Verizon service, there is a new app & patch combo that starts & keeps the Pre Plus' GPS receiver "awake" for you automatically.

It's called GPSfix and both the patch and app are available for free via Preware. Just do a search for GPSfix in Preware.

Here's a link to the forum thread on GPSfix.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have Verizon and have recently been using GPS Fix and it has worked great! GolfPinFinder is much faster. GPS Fix, by the way, is now in the official App Catalog. If you want the patch, you need to use PreWare. I have had excellent results without using the patch so do not know that this is necessary.
    GPS Fix works by pinging or "waking up" your GPS every 20 minutes or so (adjustable in app). From what I can tell, the only purpose of the patch is to prevent you form inadvertantly subscribing to Verizon Navigator which is not necessary.
    SOB! Every since I downloaded 1.4.5 for the Sprint Palm Pre, the GPS will not read accurately. Anyone else having issues.