Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
    My trial app expires today. I only see version 9.2 in the app catalog. When is 9.3 going to be available?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyg2756 View Post
    My trial app expires today. I only see version 9.2 in the app catalog. When is 9.3 going to be available?
    You don't want version 0.9.3 - you want the paid app from the App Catalog (current version 0.9.2). Look for GolfPinFinder in the App Catalog (NOT GolfPinFinder Demo).

If you're on the Pre now, use this link

After purchasing GolfPinFinder, you can delete the demo version.
    OK I did that and put in my club preferences. It didn't get saved.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    OK I did that and put in my club preferences. It didn't get saved.
    That's a bug - updates for both the Demo and Paid versions should be released any day now from Palm through the app catalog to fix it.
    My phone shows an update available for this but when I click on it it just opens the same app, version 9.2. Is there an update?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    My phone shows an update available for this but when I click on it it just opens the same app, version 9.2. Is there an update?
    only the paid version was updated to 0.9.4. the demo version is still at 0.9.2 although an update should be coming for that version soon.
    I have the paid version, 9.2. I never got a 9.3. The 9.4 just updated. I look forward to using it.
    Last edited by tonyg2756; 11/04/2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I have the paid version, 9.2. just now. I never got a 9.3. The 9.4 just updated. I look forward to using it.
    Good deal. The paid version skipped the .3 revision and went straight to .4

From now on, paid versions will be even numbered and the demo version will be odd numbered.
    I currently have the 9.2 version that I purchased on my phone. Let the Pre check for updates and it shows the program. I hit install, it thinks for a moment then gives me the yellow exclamation point sign (The one on the title above) and does not tell me anything at all and will not do anything else. I have reset the Pre already with no change. Please help!

Also, love the program!! Works like A champ and I have mapped about 10 courses since you started this app. Keep up the great work!

**UPDATE** Went and tried through App catalog, gave me a low space error....Deleted a few old apps and no problem. I hope an update opens up the size for the storage of apps...This is getting to be ridiculous and the current size is too small! Something to think about if this happens to anyone else!
    Last edited by pittbullsean; 11/05/2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbullsean View Post
    I currently have the 9.2 version that I purchased on my phone. Let the Pre check for updates and it shows the program. I hit install, it thinks for a moment then gives me the yellow exclamation point sign (The one on the title above) and does not tell me anything at all and will not do anything else. I have reset the Pre already with no change. Please help!

Also, love the program!! Works like A champ and I have mapped about 10 courses since you started this app. Keep up the great work!
    I'm not sure how to fix this but I would contact Palm support as they are the only ones that can help with app catalog problems. I have forwarded your message to my contacts at Palm for any more help they can provide. If I hear anything, I'll update here. You can find contact info for Palm support at Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses
    Yes, this is one for www.palm.com/support

it could be the phone is confused by the homebrew vs. paid versions. It might be worth a try deleting the homebrew before downloading the paid update. I've seen that fix it some times (but not always)

chuq
    I had the same problem. I found that by going to the app catalog and clicking
    on the paid version it told me there was an update and I was able to download
    the update that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by obadiah View Post
    I had the same problem. I found that by going to the app catalog and clicking
    on the paid version it told me there was an update and I was able to download
    the update that way.
    Yes, it worked the way you stated....If anyone has this problem, go through the app catalog and it will update, if not, delete some apps to make room and it should go through. Thanks all!
    I have been using GolfPinFinder for a couple weeks and I really like it. If you have a Pre and play golf, spending the $9.95 is a no brainer. Couple questions and feature suggestions. I used Intelligolf with my Palm Treo for several years, and I also really liked that. It had a place to enter notes on a particular hole which could be saved for future viewing. For me, this is particularly important for elevation changes where you're trying to gauge what club to use. Possible to add that? Even one central notepad for each course? Or maybe even one central notepad for everything... My other suggestion involves the scoring screen and the sliders. (Tap on par or putts and the slider bar comes up). The slider bar is sometimes a real PITA, especially when one hand is pushing the cart and you're trying to do it with your thumb There's a lot of screen real estate below the Done button. What about putting numbers there and just let me click one of them?

One question. I first downloaded the demo and then the real deal. Both appear the same, and both are V 0.9.2. How do I know which one to delete?

TIA and thanks for a great app.

Dennis
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Dennis - thanks for the comments and feedback. Here's my suggestion:

1. As for hole "notes" - try entering a hole "hint" on the BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone site for the course you're playing. If you edit the course (hints, marked points, anything) make sure to update your course in GolfPinFinder so it pulls new data. This would be a global thing for all players of that course - but good tips for you might be good tips for all. I may look at adding personal notes to a hole, good suggestion.

2. I agree about the "integer pickers" as Palm officially calls them. Unfortunately, Palm really stresses their use when selecting numbers. I have experimented with other options and one of those may make a future update. Stay tuned

3. demo vs. paid - I should have done a better job with versioning numbers, labels, icons etc. An upcoming to GPF Demo addresses this (new icon, new app name, different version numbers, etc) but for now, I would move the icons apart, launch the demo (or what you think is the demo) and once you're positive that's it - delete it (orange key and tap the icon). Klunky I know - that's why it will be fixed in an update.

And for everyone else, some updates soon include a modified playing screen to better accommodate the Pixi resolution (looks great on the Pre as well), skins game tracking and a generic game points system that can be used for multiple types of games. I would estimate mid-December for this (free) update.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I am very interested in buying this app, but how does the battery life hold up for 18 holes? I currently use my Blackberry Bold (work phone) and I get in 18 but the battery is close to dead when I am finished.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    I am very interested in buying this app, but how does the battery life hold up for 18 holes? I currently use my Blackberry Bold (work phone) and I get in 18 but the battery is close to dead when I am finished.
    The battery life isn't great but you can get 18 holes in without a problem using the app correctly. I prefer to play with the preference setting of "GPS with screen off" set to Yes enabling the GPS to keep tracking after you shut off the screen (which is important to save battery). Having that preference enabled allows for faster yardages at the cost of increased battery usage.

If you have trouble getting 18 holes in with that setting on, just turn it off and the GPS will have to "find" you each time you want a yardage. And since you need to wait for the GPS accuracy to come way down, this can take some time (sometimes 60 seconds or more).

Be sure and start with a full charge, turn the screen off when you aren't using the app and you'll make it without a problem. I did have one person contact me and say the app only lasted 5 holes - come to find out they never turned the screen off while playing.
    I just did 18 holes today, with the settings set as Moser suggested, and I still show 55% battery remaining. I made several phone calls while on the course, too.
    Ken
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I was able to play a quick 18 on Saturday, right at 3 hrs and I still had 53% left. I played 9 on Sunday and still had 70%.

Thanks for the advice. I bought the app Sunday night!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    The demo version of GolfPinFinder has been updated in the Palm app catalog to version 0.9.3. It contains a few bug fixes (including the my clubs not saving values) and more importantly, allows non-US users to continue the trial period until paid apps are available.